TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords
Posts: 2795
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by Stanley76 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:41 pm

The phrase "chaps my ass".
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30798
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:17 pm

Image
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 25996
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by JimVH » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:11 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Image
If that chaps your hiney, yer doin it wrong.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 31519
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by coco » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:50 am

JimVH wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:11 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Image
If that chaps your hiney, yer doin it wrong.
I'll bet it tastes funny afterwords.
"Did I go wrong by buying a High Output Cummins 6.7L diesel Ram Laramie?" - Goose

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23165
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by hugodrax » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:51 am

coco wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:50 am
JimVH wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:11 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Image
If that chaps your hiney, yer doin it wrong.
I'll bet it tastes funny afterwords.
I hate you all.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6772
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by Fainn » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:52 pm

Industrial rolls of toilet paper at chain stores. Its like the took McDonald's wrappers and spun them into a roll.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 31519
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by coco » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:59 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:51 am
coco wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:50 am
JimVH wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:11 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Image
If that chaps your hiney, yer doin it wrong.
I'll bet it tastes funny afterwords.
I hate you all.
But do we chap your ass?
"Did I go wrong by buying a High Output Cummins 6.7L diesel Ram Laramie?" - Goose

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23165
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by hugodrax » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:19 pm

coco wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:59 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:51 am
coco wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:50 am
JimVH wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:11 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Image
If that chaps your hiney, yer doin it wrong.
I'll bet it tastes funny afterwords.
I hate you all.
But do we chap your ass?
No. :D
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30798
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 pm

:lol: :lol:
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 1970
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by Adam Z » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:55 pm

NBCSN has decided to put fake crowd noise into the audio stream in their broadcasting of the NHL playoffs. There are no fans in the seats, but it seems that in the latter part of the game I just watched (Carolina beating Boston 3-2, praise his holy name) I could distinctly hear the roar of a nonexistent crowd.
[Insert pithy quote here]

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 25996
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by JimVH » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:00 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:55 pm
NBCSN has decided to put fake crowd noise into the audio stream in their broadcasting of the NHL playoffs. There are no fans in the seats, but it seems that in the latter part of the game I just watched (Carolina beating Boston 3-2, praise his holy name) I could distinctly hear the roar of a nonexistent crowd.
Agreed. It cheapens the game. Or, at least, chaps it a bit.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

User avatar
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef
Posts: 4258
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by Sir Moose » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:15 am

JimVH wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:00 pm
Adam Z wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:55 pm
NBCSN has decided to put fake crowd noise into the audio stream in their broadcasting of the NHL playoffs. There are no fans in the seats, but it seems that in the latter part of the game I just watched (Carolina beating Boston 3-2, praise his holy name) I could distinctly hear the roar of a nonexistent crowd.
Agreed. It cheapens the game. Or, at least, chaps it a bit.
Somebody should hack their feed and replace the "crowd noise" with a laugh track.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 1970
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by Adam Z » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:43 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:15 am
JimVH wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:00 pm
Adam Z wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:55 pm
NBCSN has decided to put fake crowd noise into the audio stream in their broadcasting of the NHL playoffs. There are no fans in the seats, but it seems that in the latter part of the game I just watched (Carolina beating Boston 3-2, praise his holy name) I could distinctly hear the roar of a nonexistent crowd.
Agreed. It cheapens the game. Or, at least, chaps it a bit.
Somebody should hack their feed and replace the "crowd noise" with a laugh track.
That would chap my ass even worse.
[Insert pithy quote here]

User avatar
BeefyG
Usher
Usher
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by BeefyG » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:15 pm

I ordered an assortment of aromatics because I wanted to compare against what I get at my local shop and see if I could find any new favorites. I’m really excited and can’t decide which to try first.

The shipment has been stuck at the USPS sorting center since Wednesday morning.

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 25996
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by JimVH » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:28 pm

BeefyG wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:15 pm
I ordered an assortment of aromatics because I wanted to compare against what I get at my local shop and see if I could find any new favorites. I’m really excited and can’t decide which to try first.

The shipment has been stuck at the USPS sorting center since Wednesday morning.
I’ve had a product return stuck at one of their sorting facilities in Georgia since May.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

User avatar
BeefyG
Usher
Usher
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by BeefyG » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:36 pm

JimVH wrote:
BeefyG wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:15 pm
I ordered an assortment of aromatics because I wanted to compare against what I get at my local shop and see if I could find any new favorites. I’m really excited and can’t decide which to try first.

The shipment has been stuck at the USPS sorting center since Wednesday morning.
I’ve had a product return stuck at one of their sorting facilities in Georgia since May.
Good grief! Did you at least get credit for the return or do they have to receive it first?

My shipment is stuck at the sorting center in Houston. It’s close enough I can practically taste it. I may have to Mission Impossible it outta there if they take too much longer

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 25996
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by JimVH » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:48 am

BeefyG wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:36 pm
JimVH wrote:
BeefyG wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:15 pm
I ordered an assortment of aromatics because I wanted to compare against what I get at my local shop and see if I could find any new favorites. I’m really excited and can’t decide which to try first.

The shipment has been stuck at the USPS sorting center since Wednesday morning.
I’ve had a product return stuck at one of their sorting facilities in Georgia since May.
Good grief! Did you at least get credit for the return or do they have to receive it first?

My shipment is stuck at the sorting center in Houston. It’s close enough I can practically taste it. I may have to Mission Impossible it outta there if they take too much longer
Yes, gratefully. It's a phone return to AT&T and they went ahead and issued the credit. I check the tracking number now and then just to get a chuckle.

Let me know if you need any help. I've got some camo face paint around here, somewhere.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

User avatar
ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses
Posts: 4439
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:28 pm

Adam Z wrote:NBCSN has decided to put fake crowd noise into the audio stream in their broadcasting of the NHL playoffs. There are no fans in the seats, but it seems that in the latter part of the game I just watched (Carolina beating Boston 3-2, praise his holy name) I could distinctly hear the roar of a nonexistent crowd.
It's not the network, it's the NHL. Not sure why they decided to do that. For the Jets "home" games they also put in a track of people chanting "TRUE NORTH" during the anthem like we do hear in Winnipeg. Pretty lame. P
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
BeefyG
Usher
Usher
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by BeefyG » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:27 am

JimVH wrote:
BeefyG wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:36 pm
JimVH wrote:
BeefyG wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:15 pm
I ordered an assortment of aromatics because I wanted to compare against what I get at my local shop and see if I could find any new favorites. I’m really excited and can’t decide which to try first.

The shipment has been stuck at the USPS sorting center since Wednesday morning.
I’ve had a product return stuck at one of their sorting facilities in Georgia since May.
Good grief! Did you at least get credit for the return or do they have to receive it first?

My shipment is stuck at the sorting center in Houston. It’s close enough I can practically taste it. I may have to Mission Impossible it outta there if they take too much longer
Yes, gratefully. It's a phone return to AT&T and they went ahead and issued the credit. I check the tracking number now and then just to get a chuckle.

Let me know if you need any help. I've got some camo face paint around here, somewhere.
It finally arrived yesterday. That’s good because the grappling hook I ordered on Amazon to break in is now stuck in the mail.

I read an article yesterday that an 80 year old vet’s heart meds have been stuck in that same sorting center for 10 days and he has run out. Kinda put the whole thing in perspective.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6772
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by Fainn » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Chili season is coming up. I dread it because chili looks like puke. I have politely declined for years, but decided to be blunt this year because saying, "Well, you've just never had good chili" ain't gonna make it look less like puke.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

Post Reply