Now is the time to panic

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords
Posts: 2779
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:52 am

tuttle wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:41 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:29 pm
I don't care for sage... but I do like a lot of the sausages.

I received a Nueske's flyer in the mail. I've ordered baskets for others in the past but never for myself. They had several pages like centerfolds laid out of links after links ... they looked so good.






Those jerks.
With Stanley fixated on our feet and you gazing at centerfolds of sausage we might have to open up a new room on CPS...
That's alright, I got my three big bags of rice AND sausage AND boots AND dried beans.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
flailure
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:02 pm
Location: somewhere
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by flailure » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:58 am

I just had to throw away all the refrigerated food at the hotel I manage, which included about 30 lbs of bacon and maybe 40 lbs of sausage....

may have cried a little inside

on the plus side our hotel is still open, we just had to lay off 116 people to do it, but the 13 of us that remain are grateful.
C. S. Lewis Quote: “A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth.” Personally, I tend to gravitate towards the second option of those, but at least when my pipe is in my mouth I cannot say anything to add confirmation to that opinion.

User avatar
jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs
Posts: 25682
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kingdom of God (Mk 1:15)
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by jruegg » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:25 am

My WalMart had TP! AND BACON!!!!
Image

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23111
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by hugodrax » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:40 am

Our trash men decided to strike last night. They need more protections, apparently. Even though they bathed in trash last month, last week, and yesterday, it’s dangerous today.

It’s time to encourager les autres.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10444
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:51 am

I just enjoyed some thick cut bacon and sharp cheder cheese on an English muffin with some coffee
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 25961
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by JimVH » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:52 am

flailure wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:58 am
I just had to throw away all the refrigerated food at the hotel I manage, which included about 30 lbs of bacon and maybe 40 lbs of sausage....
<moment of silence>
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

User avatar
Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser
Posts: 42423
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by Del » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:07 am

Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:30 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:56 pm
tuttle wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:41 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:29 pm
I don't care for sage... but I do like a lot of the sausages.

I received a Nueske's flyer in the mail. I've ordered baskets for others in the past but never for myself. They had several pages like centerfolds laid out of links after links ... they looked so good.






Those jerks.
With Stanley fixated on our feet and you gazing at centerfolds of sausage we might have to open up a new room on CPS...

Image

Image


Image

Image


Now I'm not alone...
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
"Anyone who knows anything of experts will know one thing for certain; that they will always be disturbing our way of living; and therefore we shall always be disputing their right of governing." - GKC. Feb 11, 1933.

The future is certain; it’s the past that keeps changing. ~ Old Soviet joke

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28004
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by Hovannes » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:10 pm

Rumor has it that Costco has tp if you get there early enough
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23111
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by hugodrax » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:25 pm

They gave the garbage men gloves and goggles and masks and told them to wash their uniforms every day.

They had to be told to wash their uniforms every day??
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12447
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:40 pm

All local schools and colleges are dismissed indefinitely, so someone in our neighborhood raided the janitorial supplies at one of the schools, and brought several large containers of individually wrapped rolls of tp home and set up a giveaway. All residents each received 1 roll (per person). An email was sent with the news, and soon golf carts lined the street.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool
Posts: 24135
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by FredS » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:07 am

jruegg wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:25 am
My WalMart had TP! AND BACON!!!!
The TP restocking is happening in many places. I commented a week or so ago that I didn't understand the run on TP. The factories were/are still running and shipping out hundreds of trucks full of toilet paper every day. In fact, I'm bet they've pressed even their old an inefficient production lines in to service and run through the weekends to increase their output. Pretty sure they're "essential".
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1574
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:04 pm
Location: Rural Southern Minnesota

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by arank87 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:49 pm

Del wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:08 am
Wisconsin grocery stores are limiting to just one gallon of milk per visit.

All of the whole milk is gone.
That’s interesting....plenty of milk in Minnesota. Aren’t you guys the dairy state? :|
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

User avatar
Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser
Posts: 42423
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by Del » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:15 pm

arank87 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:49 pm
Del wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:08 am
Wisconsin grocery stores are limiting to just one gallon of milk per visit.

All of the whole milk is gone.
That’s interesting....plenty of milk in Minnesota. Aren’t you guys the dairy state? :|
There was plenty of milk.... just all the good stuff was gone!

Wisconsin kids pour themselves a glass of milk as a snack. Grown-ups, too.
"Anyone who knows anything of experts will know one thing for certain; that they will always be disturbing our way of living; and therefore we shall always be disputing their right of governing." - GKC. Feb 11, 1933.

The future is certain; it’s the past that keeps changing. ~ Old Soviet joke

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 25961
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by JimVH » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Remain calm, people. Texas ruled today that gun stores are essential businesses.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23111
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by hugodrax » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 pm

JimVH wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:16 pm
Remain calm, people. Texas ruled today that gun stores are essential businesses.
You're in for a hell of an epidemic.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12447
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm

If Ford and Chevy both are making respirators, and you get sick, which respirator do you want? Ford? Or Chevy.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 25961
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by JimVH » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:05 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm
If Ford and Chevy both are making respirators, and you get sick, which respirator do you want? Ford? Or Chevy.
I want a 2019 Ram 3500 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 with an 8' box, and inline 6 Cyl Cummins High Output Diesel coupled with a 6 speed Automatic Aisin transmission respirator.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12447
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 pm

JimVH wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:05 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm
If Ford and Chevy both are making respirators, and you get sick, which respirator do you want? Ford? Or Chevy.
I want a 2019 Ram 3500 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 with an 8' box, and inline 6 Cyl Cummins High Output Diesel coupled with a 6 speed Automatic Aisin transmission respirator.
You're welcome.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23111
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by hugodrax » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:31 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 pm
JimVH wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:05 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm
If Ford and Chevy both are making respirators, and you get sick, which respirator do you want? Ford? Or Chevy.
I want a 2019 Ram 3500 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 with an 8' box, and inline 6 Cyl Cummins High Output Diesel coupled with a 6 speed Automatic Aisin transmission respirator.
You're welcome.
Boys, be careful. The man that owns a war horse like that has serious post-apocalyptic warlord potential.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 am
Location: The armpit of the midwest

Re: Now is the time to panic

Post by AnungUnRama » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:18 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 pm
JimVH wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:16 pm
Remain calm, people. Texas ruled today that gun stores are essential businesses.
You're in for a hell of an epidemic.
Yeah, you can't find ammo anywhere to save your life. There are actually plenty of firearms to be had, just nothing to feed them.
Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

Post Reply