Covid 19 Humor

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Re: Covid 19 Humor

Post by AFRS » Sun May 03, 2020 10:52 am

hugodrax wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:12 am
AFRS wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:02 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:04 am
wosbald wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:51 am
+JMJ+
Jester wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:34 am
They have a single, collective ass? A Royal "We" ass?
Yes.
Rebel scum are anything but royal.
Says the Empire Loyalist who transported himself to the colonies.
Fixed it for ya.

Honest question:: Americans 'generally' (there's a pun in there, wait for it..) seem to be proud of being rebels against the Crown. However, I've seen more hate toward Image
Which seems to be an icon of rebellion more so than ol' glory, than I care to think about.

What's up with that?

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Sun May 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Border Collie working from home
DEUS VULT!

Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by Thunktank » Mon May 04, 2020 4:59 pm

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

No complaining + gratefulness= happiness

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Wed May 06, 2020 10:05 am

+JMJ+

Not exactly "humor", but still seems to fit the thread …

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Wed May 06, 2020 10:12 am

Thunktank wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:59 pm
:rotfl:
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Wed May 06, 2020 4:04 pm

AFRS wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:52 am
hugodrax wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:12 am
AFRS wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:02 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:04 am
wosbald wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:51 am
+JMJ+
Jester wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:34 am
They have a single, collective ass? A Royal "We" ass?
Yes.
Rebel scum are anything but royal.
Says the Empire Loyalist who transported himself to the colonies.
Fixed it for ya.

Honest question:: Americans 'generally' (there's a pun in there, wait for it..) seem to be proud of being rebels against the Crown. However, I've seen more hate toward Image
Which seems to be an icon of rebellion more so than ol' glory, than I care to think about.

What's up with that?
The people who hate the rebel flag tend to hate everything else about America, too.

New York Times (a formerly respected news journal) just won a Pulitzer (a formerly respected prize) for an extended revision of history called The 1619 Project. It's premise was that the American Revolution was fought to preserve slavery in America, as the colonists were fearful that Britain's growing emancipation movement would cause the end of slavery in colonies.

This is being taught in our public schools now.
"Anyone who knows anything of experts will know one thing for certain; that they will always be disturbing our way of living; and therefore we shall always be disputing their right of governing." - GKC. Feb 11, 1933.

The future is certain; it’s the past that keeps changing. ~ Old Soviet joke

FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool

Post by FredS » Wed May 06, 2020 4:19 pm

Are we still pretending slavery (or the individual states right to permit slavery) wasn't the reason for the war?

And are we still pretending the confederate flag isn't flown today mostly by bigoted rednecks? (With apologies to the rednecks on CPS who may have that flag tattooed somewhere on their person.)
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

mcommini
Congregation
Congregation

Post by mcommini » Wed May 06, 2020 4:35 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:19 pm
Are we still pretending slavery (or the individual states right to permit slavery) wasn't the reason for the war?

And are we still pretending the confederate flag isn't flown today mostly by bigoted rednecks? (With apologies to the rednecks on CPS who may have that flag tattooed somewhere on their person.)
Wrong war- the 1619 project is about branding the American Revolutionary War as being about protecting slave owning from British emancipation.

Under this project, it's the flag of the U***n that represents bigotry.
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are." --TH White

FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool

Post by FredS » Wed May 06, 2020 5:30 pm

mcommini wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:35 pm
FredS wrote:

Wrong war- the 1619 project is about branding the American Revolutionary War as being about protecting slave owning from British emancipation.

Aye, I got it twisted up. Sorry about that.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack

Post by hugodrax » Wed May 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Sigh.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed May 06, 2020 7:03 pm

But aren't all rebel scum essentially bigots?

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Wed May 06, 2020 8:15 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:30 pm
mcommini wrote:
FredS wrote:

We had that big kerfuffle last July in which Nike rolled out a shoe with the Betsy Ross flag on it.... and then Colin Kaepernick complained that the first American flag was a symbol of racism and slavery, so Nike cancelled the shoe.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nike-nixes ... 1562024126

And then people made videos of burning their Nike shoes and pledging to boycott the company forever, etc.

Sigh.... The things we used to enjoy getting all bent over, before we had real problems.
"Anyone who knows anything of experts will know one thing for certain; that they will always be disturbing our way of living; and therefore we shall always be disputing their right of governing." - GKC. Feb 11, 1933.

hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack

Post by hugodrax » Wed May 06, 2020 9:52 pm

Del wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:15 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:30 pm
mcommini wrote:
FredS wrote:

We had that big kerfuffle last July in which Nike rolled out a shoe with the Betsy Ross flag on it.... and then Colin Kaepernick complained that the first American flag was a symbol of racism and slavery, so Nike cancelled the shoe.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nike-nixes ... 1562024126

And then people made videos of burning their Nike shoes and pledging to boycott the company forever, etc.

Sigh.... The things we used to enjoy getting all bent over, before we had real problems.
Like Covid? I hear there’s humor to be found in Covid.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing

Post by gaining_age » Thu May 07, 2020 5:58 am

AFRS wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:03 pm
But aren't all rebel scum essentially bigots?
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sun May 10, 2020 6:57 pm

Charlie Berens continues to help us out with more Quarantine Cocktail recipes.

This session.... dessert drinks featuring dairy cream and ice cream.

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon May 11, 2020 10:45 am

I was at the store this morning and near the register there was an X on the floor marking where I should stand...

I have seen way to many Road Runner cartoons to fall for that crap!
:chili:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Tue May 12, 2020 1:39 pm

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Mon May 18, 2020 12:44 pm

+JMJ+

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Tue May 19, 2020 12:12 pm

A New York politician provided a much-needed moment of levity at her latest coronavirus briefing.

Nassau County Executive Laura Curran’s presser took an unexpected turn over the weekend when she advised against handling other people’s tennis balls when courts in the county reopen.

“You can kick their balls, but you can’t touch them,” said Curran, eliciting giggles from those in attendance.

Smiling sheepishly, she appeared to immediately regret her choice of words.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool

Post by FredS » Thu May 21, 2020 7:00 pm

A local(ish) fly shop I follow was going to have a sale in their parking lot this Saturday, but decided it's still not safe to do so. So they sent out a coupon code that can be used for the same discounts via their web store. The code is CORONASUCKS