It’s 02:30, Do You Know Where Your Sleep Is?

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: It’s 02:30, Do You Know Where Your Sleep Is?

Post by arank87 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:42 am

Wish I wasn’t here.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:49 am

Its 2:00 am in Town Hall Station...

"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:20 am

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:23 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:08 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:48 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:33 pm
AnungUnRama wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:45 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:15 am
AnungUnRama wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:43 am
Melatonin helps me. So does valerian root but I develop a tolerance to that stuff pretty quick and have to go off for a while for it to be effective.

Last night sucked donkey nuts. I've been dealing with what I believe is IBS and trying to figure out what triggers it. Sadly, I think coffee might be a culprit. You couple that with assteroids (don't think about that too hard) and it is an incredibly miserable experience for a day or two until things settle down.

So, that was going on and then my blood pressure started acting out. It wasn't super high but high enough to be uncomfortable and make my lips and tongue go numb. Not only could I not get comfortable enough to sleep but I was somewhat afraid of falling asleep.

Skipped breakfast, had bone broth for lunch, a 2 mile walk and an orange today. I am feeling somewhat better but gee whiz. The American diet is the absolute worst thing in the world. When I was in Switzerland last year, zero issues with any of that crap. As soon as I got home, WHAM and we were back off to the races. It is too bad Switzerland is such a hard country to move to...
What is the Swiss diet?
I think it has more to do with how food is processed in the US vs Switzerland and really a lot of Europe. Farming is quite a bit different regarding pesticide use for example and all that crud gets into what we eat. The US loves its pasteurized milk. I cannot have it. It tears me up. Raw milk I could drink all day with no problem. I could eat any bread in Switzerland no problem. Here, I have to buy the $5/loaf Dave's brand forget any of the "artist" hippy breads that you might get at Panera or your local bakery, unless it is completely organic.

I think seed oils are causing problems too. Whatever it is it is terrible.
Interesting. I saw a discussion on another forum, that the best diet for someone depends on their blood type, and body type. I'm still looking into that.
If that's true, I'm right. I've said for years aman should eat to his ethnic type. For me, meats, vegetables, rice, and dairy. For a cafone, pasta. For an Englishman, god awful pig swill.

We were built for it.
Well, I'll be calling myself French, then.
And here’s your complimentary pound of butter. Mix it with cream. :D

I’m serious, though. Only alcoholic Frenchmen are fat. There are very few fat Italians. The Scandinavians are beanpoles. Belgians are sticks and their cuisine would kill anyone else. Polish guys eat food that would astound you in its heaviness yet remain thin.

We put corn derivatives in everything and bastardize our cuisine like nobody else. We have to put vitamins back into our bread, for cripe’s sake.

It’s simple. Buy yourself some fresh stuff and eat it. Imported pasta. Slightly more expensive bread. Cook—something tasty can be made in half an hour to forty-five minutes. No frozen foods, meal replacement shakes, or terribly artificial drinks. Water, coffee, milk, tea.

And move around some. I lost significant weight by just walking three miles a day on top of my ordinary movement. That’s skipping family couch time to take the family on a walk. I lost out on literally nothing.

The American diet is our own doggone fault.
I was thinking more along the lines of etouffe, rice and gravy, dirty rice. But those are some deep thoughts; like why some people eat the hottest peppers while calmly watching someone else with sweat pouring off their forehead dab at the melted wax that's flowing from their ears.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:49 am

Oh, I get it. My wife has been very diligent about only eating real food and uses little to no processed foods. She herself has gone almost entirely off of bread. Once in a while she has a piece of Ezekiel bread (no soy) or will have a slice of the Dave's bread. Even organic breads are not created equal. The Kroger brand is choc full of soy products and those wreak havoc on my lower GI. Since my kids are on a diet of all real food, they can and do eat like horses and have a BMI to die for. I find myself eating more and more seafood. It is easy on the system but it is a shame it is so expensive.

Anyway, last night went much better than the night before. No wine, a 100mg tab of melatonin and both sides of a Julian Bream record of Bach pieces. BP is still a little higher than I'd like but not in a danger zone. Time to order more rauwolfia.
Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:14 am

sweetandsour wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:
Melatonin helps me. So does valerian root but I develop a tolerance to that stuff pretty quick and have to go off for a while for it to be effective.

Last night sucked donkey nuts. I've been dealing with what I believe is IBS and trying to figure out what triggers it. Sadly, I think coffee might be a culprit. You couple that with assteroids (don't think about that too hard) and it is an incredibly miserable experience for a day or two until things settle down.

So, that was going on and then my blood pressure started acting out. It wasn't super high but high enough to be uncomfortable and make my lips and tongue go numb. Not only could I not get comfortable enough to sleep but I was somewhat afraid of falling asleep.

Skipped breakfast, had bone broth for lunch, a 2 mile walk and an orange today. I am feeling somewhat better but gee whiz. The American diet is the absolute worst thing in the world. When I was in Switzerland last year, zero issues with any of that crap. As soon as I got home, WHAM and we were back off to the races. It is too bad Switzerland is such a hard country to move to...
What is the Swiss diet?
Wine, cheese, and horse?
"Did I go wrong by buying a High Output Cummins 6.7L diesel Ram Laramie?" - Goose

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:37 am

coco wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:14 am
sweetandsour wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:

What is the Swiss diet?
Wine, cheese, and horseradish?
Sounds pretty good.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)