What's your mask preference?

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms
Posts: 3143
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

What's your mask preference?

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:22 pm

What's your favorite mask. I'm well stocked in my truck for all situations. Some N95's and those paper Chinese masks for serious venues like the Doctor's Office, Post Office or the bank. Have some neck gaiters thrown in there too for Food Lion and Walgreens but I've heard that some locations are refusing to accept them as masks. I've got a couple of those OD army triangular bandages that are pretty cool but I just decided to get militant and ordered a nice shemagh from Amazon. A full shemagh head wrap with Oakley sunglasses will do just fine for the Piggly Wiggly unless some good old boy shoots me. I do not own a single cloth embroidered or silk screened face mask.

What is your mask preference?
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Posts: 13015
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:39 pm

I buy 12 packs (I think it's 12) of the small disposable masks, blue on one side, and keep a pack in my wife's car, and one in my truck. I typically throw one away after a ~week's use, and then get another. Our daughter made several cool looking ones from cloth and sent to us, but we haven't used those much.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26590
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by JimVH » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:49 pm

I’ve been wearing the black surgical-style masks, but my assistant said it looks like I'm wearing a ball gag, so now I’m a little self conscious in them. Otherwise, it’s the light blue ones.

I gave-up on bandanas. I usually have on boots and/or a hat and the cowboy/bank robber jokes got old pretty quick.

I’ve always carried a couple of N-95 masks in my med kit in the car, so I’ve got those for back-up.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 7344
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by Fainn » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:58 am

I have been alternating depending on my mood. There is a nice breathable red one. And a tight psyschedelic skull gaiter that I sometimes wear.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG
Posts: 19658
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by TNLawPiper » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:37 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:39 pm
I buy 12 packs (I think it's 12) of the small disposable masks, blue on one side, and keep a pack in my wife's car, and one in my truck. I typically throw one away after a ~week's use, and then get another. Our daughter made several cool looking ones from cloth and sent to us, but we haven't used those much.
Same. Except for the daughter part, because I don’t have a daughter.
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG
Posts: 19658
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by TNLawPiper » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:37 am

JimVH wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:49 pm
I’ve been wearing the black surgical-style masks, but my assistant said it looks like I'm wearing a ball gag, so now I’m a little self conscious in them.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

User avatar
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle
Posts: 2475
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by Jester » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:57 am

I go commando.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

User avatar
Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Posts: 15822
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by Cleon » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:04 am

Image
Lorenzo Uomo cotton masks made from left over shirt material.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1734
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by Winton » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:53 am

I prefer not wearing a mask.

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26590
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by JimVH » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:59 am

Jester wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:57 am
I go commando.
<brain bleach>
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 24577
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by FredS » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:11 am

JimVH wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:49 pm
I’ve always carried a couple of N-95 masks in my med kit in the car, so I’ve got those for back-up.
You probably do this, but be sure to rotate your stock.

I had a box of 3M N95 masks left over from when I did a bit of body and paint work. Nice thick industrial models that have a vent and are suitable for use around oils and solvents. Unfortunately, the rubber bands disintegrated sometime over the last 12-15 years. I was able to find a few good ones in the box and I wore them early on (March 2020) but I was getting sideways glances when people saw the "N95" printed on them. I suppose folks thought I was being selfish because first responders and medical workers were complaining at the time that they weren't able to get enough masks.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:02 am

Image
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28686
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by Hovannes » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:41 am

Image
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10893
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:17 am

I have N-95 for the office. When I am On Call I deal with the public that come into the office, I get that duty 2 or 3 times a month on a rotating basis. My daughter, a nurse, ordered cloth washable filter type masks that are black for my wife and I...I think there were 4 or 5 each...so I throw the filter away and wash the masks after they have been used 3 or 4 times.

I would prefer to not wear a mask...but I would prefer more to not get "The Rona"...so I mask up
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26590
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by JimVH » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:56 am

FredS wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:11 am
JimVH wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:49 pm
I’ve always carried a couple of N-95 masks in my med kit in the car, so I’ve got those for back-up.
You probably do this, but be sure to rotate your stock.

I had a box of 3M N95 masks left over from when I did a bit of body and paint work. Nice thick industrial models that have a vent and are suitable for use around oils and solvents. Unfortunately, the rubber bands disintegrated sometime over the last 12-15 years. I was able to find a few good ones in the box and I wore them early on (March 2020) but I was getting sideways glances when people saw the "N95" printed on them. I suppose folks thought I was being selfish because first responders and medical workers were complaining at the time that they weren't able to get enough masks.
Rotating is good advice. I've had masks, tourniquets, and even stethoscope tubes rot because I didn't pay attention and they spent too much time in the Texas heat. It's pretty embarrassing to be checking your neighbor's blood pressure and the cuff pops.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 10906
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by AFRS » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:53 pm

Jester wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:57 am
I go commando.
Yep. don't wear `em.

User avatar
Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms
Posts: 3143
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by Stanley76 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:24 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:56 am
FredS wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:11 am
JimVH wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:49 pm
I’ve always carried a couple of N-95 masks in my med kit in the car, so I’ve got those for back-up.
You probably do this, but be sure to rotate your stock.

I had a box of 3M N95 masks left over from when I did a bit of body and paint work. Nice thick industrial models that have a vent and are suitable for use around oils and solvents. Unfortunately, the rubber bands disintegrated sometime over the last 12-15 years. I was able to find a few good ones in the box and I wore them early on (March 2020) but I was getting sideways glances when people saw the "N95" printed on them. I suppose folks thought I was being selfish because first responders and medical workers were complaining at the time that they weren't able to get enough masks.
Rotating is good advice. I've had masks, tourniquets, and even stethoscope tubes rot because I didn't pay attention and they spent too much time in the Texas heat. It's pretty embarrassing to be checking your neighbor's blood pressure and the cuff pops.
Did you yell, "HE'S GONNA BLOW!" and run away?
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26590
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by JimVH » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:59 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:24 pm
JimVH wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:56 am
FredS wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:11 am
JimVH wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:49 pm
I’ve always carried a couple of N-95 masks in my med kit in the car, so I’ve got those for back-up.
You probably do this, but be sure to rotate your stock.

I had a box of 3M N95 masks left over from when I did a bit of body and paint work. Nice thick industrial models that have a vent and are suitable for use around oils and solvents. Unfortunately, the rubber bands disintegrated sometime over the last 12-15 years. I was able to find a few good ones in the box and I wore them early on (March 2020) but I was getting sideways glances when people saw the "N95" printed on them. I suppose folks thought I was being selfish because first responders and medical workers were complaining at the time that they weren't able to get enough masks.
Rotating is good advice. I've had masks, tourniquets, and even stethoscope tubes rot because I didn't pay attention and they spent too much time in the Texas heat. It's pretty embarrassing to be checking your neighbor's blood pressure and the cuff pops.
Did you yell, "HE'S GONNA BLOW!" and run away?
:lol:
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1734
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by Winton » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:43 pm

My response is the same as my daughter's response to vegetables, when she was 2.

no thank you.
No Thank You!
NO THANK YOU!!!!
NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend
Posts: 9129
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Cloverdale, IN
Contact:

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by SlowToke » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:17 pm

I prefer to not wear one but I have to for my job when I am in the hospital. Fortunately, the sterile kits I use to train clinicians come with two nice masks so I salvage them and have an endless supply. The masks my company puts in their kits are super nicer and very comfortable as far as masks go.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

Post Reply