What's your mask preference?

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
CodeMonkey
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud

Re: What's your mask preference?

Post by CodeMonkey » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:06 am

I wear the disposable masks. I find them more comfortable than the cloth masks. I don’t like wearing them, but I gladly do it to protect my fellow man. I don’t worry about getting Covid-19. I’m an old man and if I died from it there wouldn’t be much of a ripple. It would be devastating to me if I learned that someone caught it from me because wearing a mask was uncomfortable to me.
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:33 am

I didn't really like wearing them and there has been so much contradictory information coming from W.H.O. and the CDC about their effectiveness I don't have a clue of who or what to trust. So I wore them mostly to keep other people comfortable and I figured it was just good manners when in a store or public place. Also some places they require it so there's that.

But then I decided to go with the OD triangular sling in most places. I went full mall ninja tactical. Now I'm stepping it up a notch when I get my shemagh and I'll go full Delta Force Tier One Macho in my Tactical Chic garb. Best part about that is that nobody will be able to see how old I am if I wear wrap around Oakley sunglasses (unless I walk and they see me hobble).

It will be a fountain of youth. Shapely young women will be flocking to me and they'll only have their eyes showing so we won't be able to tell how ugly we really are. There will be junk talking galore. It will be like I'm 25 again. The chicks are back, pass the word the chicks are back!
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:09 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:33 am
I didn't really like wearing them and there has been so much contradictory information coming from W.H.O. and the CDC about their effectiveness I don't have a clue of who or what to trust. So I wore them mostly to keep other people comfortable and I figured it was just good manners when in a store or public place. Also some places they require it so there's that.
I'm really not sure why you're having such a trust crisis over this. It's a dynamic pandemic so of course recommendations will evolve or even turn 180 degrees as the health organizations gather new data. The truth is that - based on previous studies as well as current ones - the WHO, CDC, and others know that masks are not 100% effective in preventing transmission or reception of the virus. If they were then my community, which has been pretty much 100% masked up for the last couple months, wouldn't be seeing as many new cases as we are. So, to me the question is is it somewhat helpful, not helpful, or harmful? If it's somewhat helpful or even not helpful then I don't have a problem masking up in public, even if it's just to show good manners.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:15 am

Masks do make some people easier to look at. :chili:
DEUS VULT!

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:52 am

I miss smiling at people in public. I feel like masks make us suspect of those we make eye contact with. A smile and a softly spoken hello or good morning has a disarming affect on people. We need more of that.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:18 am

FredS wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:09 am
Stanley76 wrote:
I'm really not sure why you're having such a trust crisis over this. It's a dynamic pandemic so of course recommendations will evolve or even turn 180 degrees as the health organizations gather new data. The truth is that - based on previous studies as well as current ones - the WHO, CDC, and others know that masks are not 100% effective in preventing transmission or reception of the virus. If they were then my community, which has been pretty much 100% masked up for the last couple months, wouldn't be seeing as many new cases as we are. So, to me the question is is it somewhat helpful, not helpful, or harmful? If it's somewhat helpful or even not helpful then I don't have a problem masking up in public, even if it's just to show good manners.
LOL. I'm not having a crisis. I just don't totally trust anything I read or hear. I'm one of those suspicious bastuds. Plus, I already said that I mask up in public to be polite. But I ain't going to put my trust in any CDC or WHO or any other bureaucracy. Nope, nope, nope. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to figure out how to wrap this shemagh around my head so I can go to the Piggly WIggly and buy me some black eyed peas, collards and fat meat for New Years day.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

yetanotherbob
Congregation
Congregation

Post by yetanotherbob » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:45 am

Not in a million years would I have dreamed that while wearing a mask, I would walk up to a bank teller and ask for money.
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whisky and car keys to teenaged boys." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:33 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:18 am
FredS wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:09 am
Stanley76 wrote:
I'm one of those suspicious bastuds.
Bass Stud
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:47 am

yetanotherbob wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:45 am
Not in a million years would I have dreamed that while wearing a mask, I would walk up to a bank teller and ask for money.
Or that strangers on the street will automatically just hand over their wallet to you :lol:
DEUS VULT!

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:50 am

JimVH wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:52 am
I miss smiling at people in public. I feel like masks make us suspect of those we make eye contact with. A smile and a softly spoken hello or good morning has a disarming affect on people. We need more of that.
Aye. The dental implant folks must be losing big money on this mask mandate. :wink:
DEUS VULT!

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:58 am

I went to the store for my wife yesterday. Put the mask on as I was walking from the car in the parking lot. When I got to the door of the store, an attendant told me that he had considered not letting me in the store because I didn't put the mask on in the car before walking across the parking lot.

I ignored him and just went into the store and got what I needed and left...As I got to the parking lot I turned and looked at the attendant and considered taking off my mask then...

I waved at him and went to the car and took my mask off...There was a time when I might have said something to him, or taken the mask off, or not shopped there...I am getting soft in my old age. :pipe:

There were some and mostly females in the store with the masks pulled down so they didn't cover their nose just their mouth...in my understanding that is like not wearing a mask...but they gave me garbage for not putting it on outside before leaving my vehicle... :?
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:43 pm

JimVH wrote:
yup, me too.

Told a store clerk the other day, "I see you smiling under that mask!"

She smiled bigger. Larger? Did mo'e mo-fo smilin'?

I do enjoy social distancing. It makes being polite and letting others go first easier.
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:07 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:58 am
I went to the store for my wife yesterday. Put the mask on as I was walking from the car in the parking lot. When I got to the door of the store, an attendant told me that he had considered not letting me in the store because I didn't put the mask on in the car before walking across the parking lot.

I ignored him and just went into the store and got what I needed and left...As I got to the parking lot I turned and looked at the attendant and considered taking off my mask then...

I waved at him and went to the car and took my mask off...There was a time when I might have said something to him, or taken the mask off, or not shopped there...I am getting soft in my old age. :pipe:

There were some and mostly females in the store with the masks pulled down so they didn't cover their nose just their mouth...in my understanding that is like not wearing a mask...but they gave me garbage for not putting it on outside before leaving my vehicle... :?
Prepare for the rise of the mask police followed by the vaccine Stasi followed by the microchip drones.

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:24 pm

yetanotherbob wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:45 am
I told my wife the next time I have to go inside the bank I'm going to wear my cowboy hat and wear a bandana over my face :chili:
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:26 pm

I wore a gorilla mask at a grocery store just to see if anyone would say anything. One person smiled and one checkout lady had a good crackup about it, but most acted like a guy with a gorilla mask didn't walk right by them...

I even bought beer and they didn't card me!
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:02 am

My daughter tested positive for the 'rona.
She's in LA where you can't leave your front door without masking up, or the cops will fine you.
Most curious.
DEUS VULT!

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Post by Jake » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:57 pm

JimVH wrote:
I love the EYE-SMILES from behind the masks!

I make the fabric ones, with two layers of quilt fabric and one layer of batting, so that's what I always wear. I have a couple that I sewed a pocket inside of, to help hold a tissue in place above the bridge of my nose. Keeps the glasses from fogging up!
"It was a bit awkward at first but I soon got to be perfectly at home in men's clothes. " -- Calamity Jane

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:28 pm

I bought a shemagh but I'm scared I'll get shot if I it wear around here.
Last edited by Stanley76 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:41 am
Black masks matter.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:39 pm

(xxx)xxx-xxxx
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa