Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.

JimVH Yeti™

Y
1
11%
N
0
No votes
M/U
1
11%
A_Morley sipping whiskey from a JimVH Yeti™
7
78%
 
Total votes: 9

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:18 pm

A Texan by choice
A son of God by faith
The Armadillo
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:22 pm

Carter Hall is not
on yer <zederated> poll.
The Armadillo
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

User avatar
gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Posts: 18574
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by gaining_age » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:35 am

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:39 pm
He has me blocked now
For reasons I won't disclose,
No chance of winning.
Perhaps with a quote
The block will fall with a thud
Winning could happen
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Posts: 6909
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: AL

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by JudgeRusty » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:27 am

Not string, but bow ties
Not Van Halen, but Sturgill
But Jim's not picky
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

User avatar
hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH
Posts: 23856
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by hugodrax » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:05 am

gaining_age wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:35 am
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:39 pm
He has me blocked now
For reasons I won't disclose,
No chance of winning.
Perhaps with a quote
The block will fall with a thud
Winning could happen
Hope it doesnt, sir.
No Jocosoe in inbox
Is a worthy trade.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Posts: 18574
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by gaining_age » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:11 am

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:05 am
gaining_age wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:35 am
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:39 pm
He has me blocked now
For reasons I won't disclose,
No chance of winning.
Perhaps with a quote
The block will fall with a thud
Winning could happen
Hope it doesnt, sir.
No Jocosoe in inbox
Is a worthy trade.

sorry for break up
no-one puts jo in a box
Dirty Dancing 3?
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH
Posts: 23856
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by hugodrax » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:28 am

gaining_age wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:11 am
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:05 am
gaining_age wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:35 am
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:39 pm
He has me blocked now
For reasons I won't disclose,
No chance of winning.
Perhaps with a quote
The block will fall with a thud
Winning could happen
Hope it doesnt, sir.
No Jocosoe in inbox
Is a worthy trade.

sorry for break up
no-one puts jo in a box
Dirty Dancing 3?
Today's big milestone:
More of you blocked than following.
Won't be seeing you.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 24577
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by FredS » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:33 am

There once was a man from Nantucket
<zederated>
<zederated>
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 24577
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by FredS » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:40 am

The Nantucket poem
Is not really a haiku
But Rita says it's true
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:00 pm

Jim works for H-R
Takes no guff, whatsoever.
What's an Haiku?
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

User avatar
hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH
Posts: 23856
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by hugodrax » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:08 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:00 pm
Jim works for H-R
Takes no guff, whatsoever.
What's an Haiku?
This is a contender.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms
Posts: 3143
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:31 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:08 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:00 pm
Jim works for H-R
Takes no guff, whatsoever.
What's an Haiku?
This is a contender.
Uruk mother
Holding baby goblin
She coos
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by michigander » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:10 pm

Jake wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:34 pm
Bow tie and blue jeans
Jim VH, kind and humble
A pipe-smoking friend
By far the best one
But it is simply too sweet
Jo will not pick it

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 31995
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by coco » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:06 pm

Not happy with Jim
Jim is not happy with you
All new threads are Jim's
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Posts: 6909
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: AL

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by JudgeRusty » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:07 pm

Choose The fishing thread?
Win a JimVH Yeti,
Or view Post Yer Beast?
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 31995
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by coco » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:11 pm

Puck flies into net
JimVH cheers Hockeyboy
Dude, where's my Yeti?
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:14 pm

Karen or Kraken;
Houston Oilers are the best.
How much is shipping?
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:17 pm

michigander wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:10 pm
Jake wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:34 pm
Bow tie and blue jeans
Jim VH, kind and humble
A pipe-smoking friend
By far the best one
But it is simply too sweet
Jo will not pick it
pah-shaw, I say.

Don't let Jo's weirdo, oddball, psychotic on-line personality fool you.

He's really a very nice guy. A kind man. The kind of man that's psychotically nice from time to time.
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 10906
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by AFRS » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:59 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:17 pm
michigander wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:10 pm
Jake wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:34 pm
Bow tie and blue jeans
Jim VH, kind and humble
A pipe-smoking friend
By far the best one
But it is simply too sweet
Jo will not pick it
pah-shaw, I say.

Don't let Jo's weirdo, oddball, psychotic on-line personality fool you.

He's really a very nice guy. A kind man. The kind of man that's psychotically nice from time to time.
Winter rains are here
Your post is not a haiku
Winning of Yeti zero

User avatar
Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms
Posts: 3143
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: Win a JimVH Yeti™ Haiku Contest

Post by Stanley76 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:49 am

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Post Reply