Best Easter Candy Ever?

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.

Best Easter Candy Ever?

Reese's Eggs
50%
Reese's Eggs
50%

Total votes: 12

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Re: Best Easter Candy Ever?

Post by Del » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:57 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:09 pm
Tough choice.
But I had to go with Reese’s Eggs.

I could have gone with Reese’s Eggs, but either way, it!s a win.
It's damn near a tied right now.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:43 pm

I’m still debating the two choices. I’m always cautious about agreeing with Fred.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:05 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:43 pm
I’m still debating the two choices. I’m always cautious about agreeing with Fred.
Yeah, I know. For one thing, he’s a fisherman so you can’t believe him.
But when he’s right he’s right.

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:38 am

Crunch Bar
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

I am become meme,
Destroyer of shorts -Elon

GaryInVA
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies

Post by GaryInVA » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:55 am

Now it's 50/50. Even though I can't eat them, I prefer Reese's eggs over Reese's eggs by a small margin.

I had cashews instead of sugar for Easter.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:53 am

A few weeks ago, Mrs FredS bought a small ice cream making machine that has a gel filled tub that you pre-freeze instead of using ice cubes. It's perfect for the two of us and she's been experimenting with all sorts of recipes.

Last night, as we were wrapping up Easter dinner and shortly after we'd talked about how much the dogs and I enjoy her deviled eggs, she said she wished we'd bought some cream so she could make ice cream with those eggs as she nodded towards the fridge. Knowing there were more deviled eggs in there I rolled her comment around in my brain for a few seconds thinking I'd misheard her and then said "deviled egg ice cream?!" Turns out she was nodding toward the cabinet next to the fridge where the Reese's Eggs are.

True story.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:16 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:53 am
A few weeks ago, Mrs FredS bought a small ice cream making machine that has a gel filled tub that you pre-freeze instead of using ice cubes. It's perfect for the two of us and she's been experimenting with all sorts of recipes.

Last night, as we were wrapping up Easter dinner and shortly after we'd talked about how much the dogs and I enjoy her deviled eggs, she said she wished we'd bought some cream so she could make ice cream with those eggs as she nodded towards the fridge. Knowing there were more deviled eggs in there I rolled her comment around in my brain for a few seconds thinking I'd misheard her and then said "deviled egg ice cream?!" Turns out she was nodding toward the cabinet next to the fridge where the Reese's Eggs are.

True story.
This makes me smile! 8)
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:05 pm

I VOTED
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:42 am

I ate a Reese's Egg yesterday and thought of FredS the entire time. So...

thanks for that.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:09 am

Jester wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:37 pm
Reese's pieces filled.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

I am become meme,
Destroyer of shorts -Elon

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:15 am

Jester wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:09 am
Jester wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:37 pm
Reese's pieces filled.
pure evil
I'm pretty sure Nazi's love this candy.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:44 pm

FredS wrote:A few weeks ago, Mrs FredS bought a small ice cream making machine that has a gel filled tub that you pre-freeze instead of using ice cubes. It's perfect for the two of us and she's been experimenting with all sorts of recipes.

True story.
I would give deviled egg ice cream a shot

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 am

Chocolate drizzled bacon.
DL Jake

Don't you mean Mac Blowtorch? - Jocose

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:22 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:03 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:44 pm
FredS wrote:A few weeks ago, Mrs FredS bought a small ice cream making machine that has a gel filled tub that you pre-freeze instead of using ice cubes. It's perfect for the two of us and she's been experimenting with all sorts of recipes.

True story.
I would give deviled egg ice cream a shot

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Do it! A little creole mustard, a dollop of mayo, a dash of Worcestershire, some paprika, and of course raw eggs. Add it all to the milk/cream mix and freeze as usual. You can also add a little scotch, but it will be a slush rather than frozen ice cream.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:22 pm
That's a pack of chocolate x-lax.

So awesome.
DL Jake

Don't you mean Mac Blowtorch? - Jocose

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:03 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:16 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:22 pm
That's a pack of chocolate x-lax.

So awesome.
He must like his eggs runny.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:18 pm

FredS wrote:

True story.
Homemade Reeses Egg ice cream. My wife is cooler than yours.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:29 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:18 pm
FredS wrote:

True story.
Homemade Reeses Egg ice cream. My wife is cooler than yours.
Braggart.

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:34 pm

BOOSH