There, I Said It!

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.

There, I said it.

Y
22%
N
No votes
M/U
No votes
This aggression will not stand with A_Morley
78%

Total votes: 9

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Re: There, I Said It!

Post by tuttle » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:36 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:18 am
People who pronounce "snowing" as "snaying" really irritate me a lot.
Never in all my days have I heard anyone pronounce "snowing" as "snaying", but now that I know there is a segment of English speaking humanity that does so, it fills me with unreasonable rage.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:50 am

I like big butts.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:23 am

tuttle wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:36 am
Stanley76 wrote:
Never in all my days have I heard anyone pronounce "snowing" as "snaying", but now that I know there is a segment of English speaking humanity that does so, it fills me with unreasonable rage.
It used to be a small minority. Frank Zappa's daughter Moon wrote a song mocking them back before the turn of the century. Valley Girls, they were known as. Sadly the majority of millennials that I run across (although not all, there is hope for humanity) are all Valley Girls now. Their biological sex notwithstanding, they are all Valley Girls. You know, the same sort of person that uses text messaging abbreviations in every day speech? Those are the one's I'm talking about. Sadly, it is against the law to slap the snot out of them when they bust out all giggly and prancing around saying "It's SNAYING, it's SNAYING!" To close, I will comfort you by pointing out that your rage is not at all unreasonable. It's very understandable and called for.
BOOGERS ARE NOT FOOD. :evil: -Del

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:17 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:23 am
tuttle wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:36 am
Stanley76 wrote:
It used to be a small minority. Frank Zappa's daughter Moon wrote a song mocking them back before the turn of the century. Valley Girls, they were known as. Sadly the majority of millennials that I run across (although not all, there is hope for humanity) are all Valley Girls now. Their biological sex notwithstanding, they are all Valley Girls. You know, the same sort of person that uses text messaging abbreviations in every day speech? Those are the one's I'm talking about. Sadly, it is against the law to slap the snot out of them when they bust out all giggly and prancing around saying "It's SNAYING, it's SNAYING!" To close, I will comfort you by pointing out that your rage is not at all unreasonable. It's very understandable and called for.
Not as bad as the ones who pronounce "so" as "soy."
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:20 pm

And here all this time I thought there was a possibility that Jocose and I might be brother's from another mother but it's just not possible if you don't like The Big Lebowski or The Office. I'm not sure we could even share any matching DNA sequences.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:56 pm

Recently, the Installations Department enacted a new procedure in requesting an Installer resource.

Since it's new and in transition, it's bound to need some tweaking.

We've been in transition mode for near a month now. New process adds 14 days to the time to turn up on a contract. We can't make the 90 day goal now and these jack-wagons add time on the front end that didn't exist before. Pointed that out in a meeting today along with other areas that need significant improvement. My manager Teams Messaged me during the call.

She was most supportive.
DL Jake

You should see if they can recalibrate your internal clock forward a month. - Cleon

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:35 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:56 pm
Recently, the Installations Department enacted a new procedure in requesting an Installer resource.

Since it's new and in transition, it's bound to need some tweaking.

We've been in transition mode for near a month now. New process adds 14 days to the time to turn up on a contract. We can't make the 90 day goal now and these jack-wagons add time on the front end that didn't exist before. Pointed that out in a meeting today along with other areas that need significant improvement. My manager Teams Messaged me during the call.

She was most supportive.
Teams is kinda cool that way, isn't it? It's like being in a meeting and being able to snark w/out other people knowing.. !!

FredS

Post by FredS » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:38 pm

I prefer Kroger's store brand kettle cooked, sea salt & cracked pepper chips over the many national brands I've tried.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:03 pm

Cobs don't deserve to be called pipes.
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:39 pm

There’s something very wrong with people who don’t like dogs.
Nothing distinguishes more clearly conditions in a free country from those in a country under arbitrary government than the observance in the former of the great principles known as the Rule of Law.

Friedrich August von Hayek

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:33 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:50 am
I like big butts.
Don't we all!

G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:49 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:50 am
I like big butts.
Can you not lie?

:D
Nothing distinguishes more clearly conditions in a free country from those in a country under arbitrary government than the observance in the former of the great principles known as the Rule of Law.

Friedrich August von Hayek

Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers

Post by Goose55 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:13 pm

Just what is with Jocose's veneration of "A_Morley?"
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:42 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:13 pm
Jocose is Morley's altar ego.

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:35 am

AFRS wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:42 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Jocose is Morley's altar ego.
I see what you did there but I'm not smart enough to figure out what it means. Alien? Time Traveler? It's not meant for me to understand and I'm fine with that.

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:03 am

Most Nicholas Cage movies are good, but would be better with somebody other than Nicholas Cage in them.

Same for Kevin Costner.

Adam Sandler movies and Will Ferrell movies aren't even good, but Adam and Will are good fits for them.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:21 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:03 am
Most Nicholas Cage movies are good, but would be better with somebody other than Nicholas Cage in them.

Same for Kevin Costner.

Adam Sandler movies and Will Ferrell movies aren't even good, but Adam and Will are good fits for them.
Though I have never given it much thought, I'm pretty sure I agree with everything you've written here.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:34 am

Goose55 wrote:

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:03 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:03 am

Same for Kevin Costner.

Cage was ok in a couple of his roles. But Costner? All of his movies that come to mind start out interesting but fizzle as they go forward, and then end up very hokey, for lack of a better word.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Every architect that ever designed a water heater in a residential attic should be lined up and repeatedly kicked in the shins.

I'm not even playing.

There, I said it.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo