Really angry nun in the news

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Really angry nun in the news

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:02 am

Ex-Nun Pleads Guilty to Embezzling Over $835,000 From School to Support Gambling Habit
“Courthouse News” wrote:LOS ANGELES (CN) – For nearly 30 years, Sister Mary Margaret Kreuper served as principal at St. James Catholic School in Torrance, California, where she oversaw the elementary school’s finances. On Tuesday, the now-retired nun pleaded guilty to stealing more than $835,000 in school funds to pay for gambling trips to Las Vegas and other expenses.
“It’s government harassment! You’re the Gestapo! I won’t stop my gambling habit just because of your unconstitutional laws and war on religion. If I want to wear a gambling habit instead of a black and white one, that’s my right. This is still America, not Nazi Geemany! I just wish the gambling habit didn’t cost so much more than the regular one, but us nuns, we all have our habits, mine just happens to be gambling,” she is reported to have shouted as she was being handcuffed by the the Canadian SWAT team that took her into custody in California.

Oh wait. No. Here’s what she actually did:
“As soon as she was confronted, she accepted full responsibility for what she had done and she has cooperated completely with law enforcement and the archdiocese,” Byrne said in the statement. “She became a nun when she was 18 years old, and for the next 59 years she dedicated her life to helping others and educating children in archdiocesan schools. Unfortunately, later in her life she has been suffering from a mental illness that clouded her judgment and caused her to do something that she otherwise would not have done. She is very sorry for any harm she has caused.”
Appeaser.
Nothing distinguishes more clearly conditions in a free country from those in a country under arbitrary government than the observance in the former of the great principles known as the Rule of Law.

Friedrich August von Hayek

wosbald
Lonergan Fan Club President
Lonergan Fan Club President

Re: Really angry nun in the news

Post by wosbald » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:20 am

+JMJ+
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:02 am
[…]

Appeaser.
Always thought a pizzer was one of those pizza-on-a-stick ya buy from the hot dog cart.

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:41 am

I must have struck a nerve.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

If you can't say “amen” you gotta say “ouch.” -Voddie Baucham

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:22 am

Jester wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:41 am
Maybe a little, but it's more about The Angry Pastor™ than anyone else. And really, that's how he wants it.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:58 am

FredS wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:22 am
Jester wrote:
Maybe a little, but it's more about The Angry Pastor™ than anyone else. And really, that's how he wants it.
The difference is that The Angry Pastor™ is righteous in his violation of the law, whereas the nun was not.

Mega points for this pun though!
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:02 am
but us nuns, we all have our habits, mine just happens to be gambling
:lol:
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:47 am

Jester wrote:
More like a funny bone. :D
Nothing distinguishes more clearly conditions in a free country from those in a country under arbitrary government than the observance in the former of the great principles known as the Rule of Law.

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 am

durangopipe wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:47 am
Jester wrote:
Great way to wring a laugh out of a tragic story!

We are all going to have to get good at this soon.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:08 am

Del wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 am
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:47 am
Jester wrote:
Great way to wring a laugh out of a tragic story!

We are all going to have to get good at this soon.
True Del. In all honesty, my first reaction to the story was the sadness of it. I can only imagine the depth of guilt and shame that woman carried all those years.

But then that notion of “habits” struck me, and well ...

(Thank God for the gift of humor - and the Youth Room!)