Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:00 pm
I'm taking my family to a Smash Mouth concert on the beach.
If my heart can hold together long enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQj--Kjn0z8
Nice.

Next to Sublime, Smash Mouth is my fav ska band. Of course those are really the only two ska bands I've ever heard of.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:55 pm

I just polished off an entire bottle of cheap red wine (Root and Vine Red Blend from Sprouts)
This is so unlike me!
I'm bored.

mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Post by mont974x4 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:10 am

Hovannes wrote:I just polished off an entire bottle of cheap red wine (Root and Vine Red Blend from Sprouts)
This is so unlike me!
I'm bored.
I read that Root and Red Vines. It seemed an odd wine flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Post by JudgeRusty » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:57 am

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:39 am

JudgeRusty wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:57 am
I care.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:41 am

JimVH wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:39 am
JudgeRusty wrote:
I care.
+yep
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:29 am

UncleBob wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:41 am
JimVH wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:39 am
JudgeRusty wrote:
I care.
+yep
make it 3
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

SandPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SandPiper » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:44 am

FEDEX just delivered new visas for my family, so we're legal to return to the DR and pursue residency.

Well, they actually spelled my middle name incorrectly....the only name in our family with a Spanish/Latin counterpart. Go figure. I'm sure it'll be a massive fiasco, but thankfully I'm used to massive fiasco when dealing with the Dominican government.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

-Kip, aka SandPiper

...on Mission in the Dominican Republic: 4Fishers
The cigar show I co-host: Half Ashed

"If you can't fix it with cottage cheese - it ain't worth fixing." - John Boy

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:29 pm

One summer, when I was perhaps 10 years old, I found that I could cut a cap from the rolls I'd buy for my pistol and put it between two bolts connected by a nut and make a small bomb. Toss it up in the air and it'd make a satisfying pop when it hit the ground. I found I could get a pretty good bang if I put a half dozen caps in there. There were die cast metal toys on the market that looked like little bombs with fins that functioned the same, but weren't suitable for my ultimate goal. When the 4th of July rolled 'round I unrolled a dozen firecrackers and emptied the powder in to my bomb and adjusted the bolts until I felt just the right pressure. I was using half inch diameter bolts and it worked exceptionally well. In fact it blew completely apart and one of the projectiles barely missed me. Unfortunately, I was in our basement (where the nuts and bolts were stored on dad's workbench) and some of the shrapnel went through the sheet metal duct coming out of the furnace. The old man didn't notice it for quite a while but I fessed up when he asked about it.

Fun times.

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:34 pm
Cleon wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:23 am
Hovannes wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:16 pm
My BP was 188 over 80
:-? That's a weird ratio.
Have you seen a doctor about this?
Yup. It got me a new drug to add to my daily cocktail
I can relate.

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:23 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:29 pm
One summer, when I was perhaps 10 years old, I found that I could cut a cap from the rolls I'd buy for my pistol and put it between two bolts connected by a nut and make a small bomb. Toss it up in the air and it'd make a satisfying pop when it hit the ground. I found I could get a pretty good bang if I put a half dozen caps in there. There were die cast metal toys on the market that looked like little bombs with fins that functioned the same, but weren't suitable for my ultimate goal. When the 4th of July rolled 'round I unrolled a dozen firecrackers and emptied the powder in to my bomb and adjusted the bolts until I felt just the right pressure. I was using half inch diameter bolts and it worked exceptionally well. In fact it blew completely apart and one of the projectiles barely missed me. Unfortunately, I was in our basement (where the nuts and bolts were stored on dad's workbench) and some of the shrapnel went through the sheet metal duct coming out of the furnace. The old man didn't notice it for quite a while but I fessed up when he asked about it.

Fun times.

I remember you telling this story years ago.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:34 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:23 pm
FredS wrote:

Fun times.

I used to have a cap bomb. I would load it and drop it from the roof and scare family members and visitors...till my mom took it way. The couldn't keep me off the roof, so I found other ways to continue to scare family and visitors.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:34 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:23 pm
FredS wrote:

Fun times.

I used to have a cap bomb. I would load it and drop it from the roof and scare family members and visitors...till my mom took it way. The couldn't keep me off the roof, so I found other ways to continue to scare family and visitors.
I used to have a metal one like that pictured. Then they went cheap and used a plastic body with the metal head that didnt work all that well.

I remember throwing firecrackers and Ladyfingers would scare people better.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:39 pm

When I was a kid I took a bus into Manhattan, then the 8th Ave. subway to a surplus store down near Canal St. I bought the finned empty metal shell of a 4’ long dummy bomb used for bombing practice. Rode toward home with it on the subway. Walked through the Port Authority bus terminal struggling with it. Sat on the bus with it until I got about a block from home, got off the bus then walked down the street with it to our apartment.

It was almost as big as I was.

It was winter.

I put a loud, windup alarm clock inside it and stuck it at angle in a snowdrift near the sidewalk outside our window and watched as people walking by became concerned.

What do kids do for fun now?
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 pm

I got tired of the wife leaving the dryer door open with the light needlessly burning so I pulled the bulb out.

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 pm
I got tired of the wife leaving the dryer door open with the light needlessly burning so I pulled the bulb out.
You married guys crack me up
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:39 pm
When I was a kid I took a bus into Manhattan, then the 8th Ave. subway to a surplus store down near Canal St. I bought the finned empty metal shell of a 4’ long dummy bomb used for bombing practice. Rode toward home with it on the subway. Walked through the Port Authority bus terminal struggling with it. Sat on the bus with it until I got about a block from home, got off the bus then walked down the street with it to our apartment.

It was winter.

I put a loud, windup alarm clock inside it and stuck it at angle in a snowdrift near the sidewalk outside our window and watched as people walking by became concerned.

Certainly nothing as violent and sadistic as planting fake bombs. That's the sort of thing that, left unchecked, creates psychopathic serial killers.

Now they play harmless video games where they earn points by killing people.

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:29 am

durangopipe wrote:

It was winter.

I loved that store and was sad when it shut down. (you grow up in Jersey?)
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:56 am

Thoth wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:29 am
durangopipe wrote:

It was winter.

Yes.
Bloomfield.

You, Toth?
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Thoth

Post by Thoth » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:15 am

durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:56 am
Thoth wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:29 am
durangopipe wrote:

It was winter.

Yes.
Bloomfield.

You, Toth?
Born and raised in Jersey City and spent a large chunk of life there just moved to Lincoln Park (just south of Wayne)
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III