Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37179
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by UncleBob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:52 am
UncleBob wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm
Today was the first time I ever smoked bacon on the Pit Barrel. I highly recommend it.
I know you have lost some weight but how did you fit inside the pit barrel and was the bacon hard to get lit?



It had to be done...sorry
Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4841
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:02 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:23 pm
Fainn wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:25 pm
I didn't get the worship pastor position.
That only means that something better for you is in the works.
zederated. I'm really tired.
Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9234
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:21 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:56 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:52 am
UncleBob wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm
Today was the first time I ever smoked bacon on the Pit Barrel. I highly recommend it.
I know you have lost some weight but how did you fit inside the pit barrel and was the bacon hard to get lit?



It had to be done...sorry
Image
Dude you are so twisted :lol:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4841
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Was going to apply for another worship pastor position until they said they wanted Hillsong and Jesus Culture.
Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

User avatar
Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Posts: 15168
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Cleon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:59 am

Fainn wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:21 pm
Was going to apply for another worship pastor position until they said they wanted Hillsong and Jesus Culture.
I had to look up what Hillsong and Jesus Culture is.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
424cat
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:06 pm
Location: middle tennessee

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by 424cat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Went to the pharmacy today, my Atena Rx deductible is not meet as I don't take much for meds. My total was going to be $168, I asked about GoodRx, we checked and it was $151.

I never paid much attention to the GoodRx commercials, but it saved me $17 This was for the new shingles vaccine Shingrix.
on bended knee

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9234
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 pm

Last evening when I got home from work, I was working on the sprinkler system, getting it ready to turn on for the season. My neighbor was working on his Bike, a big Harley when one of the neighborhood preppy couples came walking by on the sidewalk with their labradoodle and stopped to tell Rick that when he rides off on the weekends his Harley makes their dog bark and it disturbs their meditation time. Rick stood up from working on the bike and in a very kind and soft spoken voice he said, "Bless your heart"...the couple stomped off.

Rick walked back to where I was working and said, "I got that from you...heard you say it to a woman giving you crap about the pipe smoking...I am going to continue using it"
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19432
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Last evening when I got home from work, I was working on the sprinkler system, getting it ready to turn on for the season. My neighbor was working on his Bike, a big Harley when one of the neighborhood preppy couples came walking by on the sidewalk with their labradoodle and stopped to tell Rick that when he rides off on the weekends his Harley makes their dog bark and it disturbs their meditation time. Rick stood up from working on the bike and in a very kind and soft spoken voice he said, "Bless your heart"...the couple stomped off.

Rick walked back to where I was working and said, "I got that from you...heard you say it to a woman giving you crap about the pipe smoking...I am going to continue using it"
To their credit, the labradoodle is the most artisanal of dogs.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9234
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:02 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Last evening when I got home from work, I was working on the sprinkler system, getting it ready to turn on for the season. My neighbor was working on his Bike, a big Harley when one of the neighborhood preppy couples came walking by on the sidewalk with their labradoodle and stopped to tell Rick that when he rides off on the weekends his Harley makes their dog bark and it disturbs their meditation time. Rick stood up from working on the bike and in a very kind and soft spoken voice he said, "Bless your heart"...the couple stomped off.

Rick walked back to where I was working and said, "I got that from you...heard you say it to a woman giving you crap about the pipe smoking...I am going to continue using it"
To their credit, the labradoodle is the most artisanal of dogs.
I agree, the only thing wrong with that dog is his owners. I would like to find someone breeding them from solid bird hunting stock.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19432
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:20 pm

That's what I always think. Here is a dog that should be a really great all rounder but who owns them? Dudes who take pictures making the primate fear face and their problem-glasses wives.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9234
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:27 pm

When I was younger, I knew a guy who had a poodle that retrieved doves and ducks...he always said he should find a nice lab or golden to breed her to.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2186
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by rgcurrey » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:34 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:02 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Last evening when I got home from work, I was working on the sprinkler system, getting it ready to turn on for the season. My neighbor was working on his Bike, a big Harley when one of the neighborhood preppy couples came walking by on the sidewalk with their labradoodle and stopped to tell Rick that when he rides off on the weekends his Harley makes their dog bark and it disturbs their meditation time. Rick stood up from working on the bike and in a very kind and soft spoken voice he said, "Bless your heart"...the couple stomped off.

Rick walked back to where I was working and said, "I got that from you...heard you say it to a woman giving you crap about the pipe smoking...I am going to continue using it"
To their credit, the labradoodle is the most artisanal of dogs.
I agree, the only thing wrong with that dog is his owners. I would like to find someone breeding them from solid bird hunting stock.
My chocolate lab was from champion sporting stock on his father's side and several of his siblings were great duck dogs . . . he was a looker, but, kinda missed the boat on the working dog bit. My poodle is a great dog, the best I've ever had. They had ten pups and unfortunately lost track of all but two, but I do wonder how the others turned out.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Posts: 22616
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Last evening when I got home from work, I was working on the sprinkler system, getting it ready to turn on for the season. My neighbor was working on his Bike, a big Harley when one of the neighborhood preppy couples came walking by on the sidewalk with their labradoodle and stopped to tell Rick that when he rides off on the weekends his Harley makes their dog bark and it disturbs their meditation time. Rick stood up from working on the bike and in a very kind and soft spoken voice he said, "Bless your heart"...the couple stomped off.

Rick walked back to where I was working and said, "I got that from you...heard you say it to a woman giving you crap about the pipe smoking...I am going to continue using it"
The dog owner is probably on CLOG (ChristianLabradoodleOwnersGroup.org) today telling his buddies how he told off the neighborhood biker last night.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 10811
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:04 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Last evening when I got home from work, I was working on the sprinkler system, getting it ready to turn on for the season. My neighbor was working on his Bike, a big Harley when one of the neighborhood preppy couples came walking by on the sidewalk with their labradoodle and stopped to tell Rick that when he rides off on the weekends his Harley makes their dog bark and it disturbs their meditation time. Rick stood up from working on the bike and in a very kind and soft spoken voice he said, "Bless your heart"...the couple stomped off.

Rick walked back to where I was working and said, "I got that from you...heard you say it to a woman giving you crap about the pipe smoking...I am going to continue using it"
The dog owner is probably on CLOG (ChristianLabradoodleOwnersGroup.org) today telling his buddies how he told off the neighborhood biker last night.
I catch myself looking at that site quite often.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9234
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:09 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Last evening when I got home from work, I was working on the sprinkler system, getting it ready to turn on for the season. My neighbor was working on his Bike, a big Harley when one of the neighborhood preppy couples came walking by on the sidewalk with their labradoodle and stopped to tell Rick that when he rides off on the weekends his Harley makes their dog bark and it disturbs their meditation time. Rick stood up from working on the bike and in a very kind and soft spoken voice he said, "Bless your heart"...the couple stomped off.

Rick walked back to where I was working and said, "I got that from you...heard you say it to a woman giving you crap about the pipe smoking...I am going to continue using it"
The dog owner is probably on CLOG (ChristianLabradoodleOwnersGroup.org) today telling his buddies how he told off the neighborhood biker last night.
The husband shouldn't say or post anything, because it was his wife who did the whining...he stood there and looked uncomfortable :lol:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7176
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Last evening when I got home from work, I was working on the sprinkler system, getting it ready to turn on for the season. My neighbor was working on his Bike, a big Harley when one of the neighborhood preppy couples came walking by on the sidewalk with their labradoodle and stopped to tell Rick that when he rides off on the weekends his Harley makes their dog bark and it disturbs their meditation time. Rick stood up from working on the bike and in a very kind and soft spoken voice he said, "Bless your heart"...the couple stomped off.

Rick walked back to where I was working and said, "I got that from you...heard you say it to a woman giving you crap about the pipe smoking...I am going to continue using it"


Great story!
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef
Posts: 3943
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:52 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:09 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Last evening when I got home from work, I was working on the sprinkler system, getting it ready to turn on for the season. My neighbor was working on his Bike, a big Harley when one of the neighborhood preppy couples came walking by on the sidewalk with their labradoodle and stopped to tell Rick that when he rides off on the weekends his Harley makes their dog bark and it disturbs their meditation time. Rick stood up from working on the bike and in a very kind and soft spoken voice he said, "Bless your heart"...the couple stomped off.

Rick walked back to where I was working and said, "I got that from you...heard you say it to a woman giving you crap about the pipe smoking...I am going to continue using it"
The dog owner is probably on CLOG (ChristianLabradoodleOwnersGroup.org) today telling his buddies how he told off the neighborhood biker last night.
The husband shouldn't say or post anything, because it was his wife who did the whining...he stood there and looked uncomfortable :lol:
She may not have told him what he was allowed to contribute to the conversation.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister of Brisket
Minister of Brisket
Posts: 4220
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Found out my vitamin d level is <36 ng/mL.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Y'all crazy

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 8939
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by mont974x4 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
FredS wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Last evening when I got home from work, I was working on the sprinkler system, getting it ready to turn on for the season. My neighbor was working on his Bike, a big Harley when one of the neighborhood preppy couples came walking by on the sidewalk with their labradoodle and stopped to tell Rick that when he rides off on the weekends his Harley makes their dog bark and it disturbs their meditation time. Rick stood up from working on the bike and in a very kind and soft spoken voice he said, "Bless your heart"...the couple stomped off.

Rick walked back to where I was working and said, "I got that from you...heard you say it to a woman giving you crap about the pipe smoking...I am going to continue using it"
The dog owner is probably on CLOG (ChristianLabradoodleOwnersGroup.org) today telling his buddies how he told off the neighborhood biker last night.
I catch myself looking at that site quite often.
Blessyourheart.com?


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
MDPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 3593
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by MDPiper » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:57 am

I dropped my kids off at school this morning before the bell rang. They were confused why they couldn't just walk into school. I told them we are a few minutes early so they didn't have to rush in. I said, this is what it's like being on time!
Gitty Up!

Post Reply