Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
JimVH
JimExotic
JimExotic
Posts: 25492
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

I spent most of the day working with high school seniors on resume building and mock interviews. I just got an email from one of the students thanking me and telling me to "stay golden".

I hope that's a good thing.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister of Brisket
Minister of Brisket
Posts: 4649
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:44 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm
I spent most of the day working with high school seniors on resume building and mock interviews. I just got an email from one of the students thanking me and telling me to "stay golden".

I hope that's a good thing.
The Outsiders "Stay gold Ponyboy"?
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Y'all crazy

User avatar
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef
Posts: 4067
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Sir Moose » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:45 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm
I spent most of the day working with high school seniors on resume building and mock interviews. I just got an email from one of the students thanking me and telling me to "stay golden".

I hope that's a good thing.
I have an idea what it may mean....

Image
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
rgcurrey
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Posts: 2895
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:45 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm
I spent most of the day working with high school seniors on resume building and mock interviews. I just got an email from one of the students thanking me and telling me to "stay golden".

I hope that's a good thing.
I have an idea what it may mean....

Image
Image
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected." William Makepeace Thackeray

User avatar
rgcurrey
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Posts: 2895
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:33 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:30 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:45 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm
I spent most of the day working with high school seniors on resume building and mock interviews. I just got an email from one of the students thanking me and telling me to "stay golden".

I hope that's a good thing.
I have an idea what it may mean....

Image
Image
Image
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected." William Makepeace Thackeray

User avatar
rgcurrey
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Posts: 2895
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:36 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:33 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:30 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:45 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm
I spent most of the day working with high school seniors on resume building and mock interviews. I just got an email from one of the students thanking me and telling me to "stay golden".

I hope that's a good thing.
I have an idea what it may mean....

Image
Image
Image
Image
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected." William Makepeace Thackeray

User avatar
gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Posts: 17613
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by gaining_age » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:43 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:23 pm
Fainn wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:13 pm
Once again, told 5 minutes before I was scheduled to leave that I had to stay an extra 2 hours

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Bright side, you're getting paid. Praying the extra money ends up being more valuable than whatever activity you have to miss by working late. I remember when I had a young family - money was almost always more important than free time. Dads do what dads gotta do.
Dads do what dads gotta do: DDWDGD

That should have as much of a viral spreading (wristbands and what not) as "What would Jesus do?" WWJD

G.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister of Brisket
Minister of Brisket
Posts: 4649
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:05 pm

I got to take a video tour of my sinuses this afternoon.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Y'all crazy

User avatar
ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses
Posts: 4278
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:20 pm


Sir Moose wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm
I spent most of the day working with high school seniors on resume building and mock interviews. I just got an email from one of the students thanking me and telling me to "stay golden".

I hope that's a good thing.
I have an idea what it may mean....

Image
Image

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 31013
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by coco » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:43 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:20 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm
I spent most of the day working with high school seniors on resume building and mock interviews. I just got an email from one of the students thanking me and telling me to "stay golden".

I hope that's a good thing.
I have an idea what it may mean....

Image
Image

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I've pretty much always considered myself to be Betty White.
"I call [coco] 'barely passable heretic.'" - HugoDrax

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 27354
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:47 pm

GaryInVA wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:05 pm
I got to take a video tour of my sinuses this afternoon.
That's got to be more interesting than a live feed video tour of the colon.
Who the hell at Kaiser Permanente thought that one up anyway? :confused:
"Praise be to Mary, her child and all those with them in Paradise."---Paulus Kal

User avatar
durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy
Posts: 8235
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:28 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:47 pm
GaryInVA wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:05 pm
I got to take a video tour of my sinuses this afternoon.
That's got to be more interesting than a live feed video tour of the colon.
Who the hell at Kaiser Permanente thought that one up anyway? :confused:
Both beat C-Span.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12030
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:35 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:28 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:47 pm
GaryInVA wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:05 pm
I got to take a video tour of my sinuses this afternoon.
That's got to be more interesting than a live feed video tour of the colon.
Who the hell at Kaiser Permanente thought that one up anyway? :confused:
Both beat C-Span.
I don't know. Maybe.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
JimVH
JimExotic
JimExotic
Posts: 25492
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:44 pm

coco wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:43 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:20 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm
I spent most of the day working with high school seniors on resume building and mock interviews. I just got an email from one of the students thanking me and telling me to "stay golden".

I hope that's a good thing.
I have an idea what it may mean....

Image
Image

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I've pretty much always considered myself to be Betty White.
We’ve reached a new high in lows.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister of Brisket
Minister of Brisket
Posts: 4649
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:08 am

JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:44 pm
coco wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:43 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:20 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm
I spent most of the day working with high school seniors on resume building and mock interviews. I just got an email from one of the students thanking me and telling me to "stay golden".

I hope that's a good thing.
I have an idea what it may mean....

Image
Image

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I've pretty much always considered myself to be Betty White.
We’ve reached a new high in lows.
When did y'all get together?
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Y'all crazy

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9351
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by mont974x4 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:57 am

At least once a week I go to breakfast with people from work.


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik
Posts: 23757
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:16 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:20 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm
I spent most of the day working with high school seniors on resume building and mock interviews. I just got an email from one of the students thanking me and telling me to "stay golden".

I hope that's a good thing.
I have an idea what it may mean....

Image
Image

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I've never thought I looked good in red. Until now. Wowza!
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30152
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:43 pm

Joined a gun club today. 15% off everything makes it well worth it.

Added bonus, they like the pup.
DL Jake

We can do it right now if you want. - hugodrax

User avatar
ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses
Posts: 4278
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by ReverendThom » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:09 pm

I'm just finishing an 18 hour work day and head back in 4-6 depending on this storm

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:41 pm

Been up since 5. Staying up long enough to fisnish this pipe.
All people are worth praying for - Hugodrax.

Post Reply