Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Thu May 21, 2020 5:57 pm

I just had a Seinfeld moment with U-Haul over the phone. A few days ago, I reserved a car hauler for this weekend, and I just got a message that I was good to go, but the pick-up location is in a different town, thirty miles away, via a toll-road.

"The reservation was made a week before the scheduled pick-up, can't you have somebody take it to where I need it?"

"Sorry sir, that's not possible."

Oh well, maybe I'll stop by and have a smoke with fezzik092 when I'm in Topeka-friggin-Kansas!

"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Thu May 21, 2020 6:07 pm

I took PTO today. Only had to power up the work lap top twice for maybe 20 mins. each time. Not too bad.
DL Jake

We can do it right now if you want. - hugodrax

fezzik092
Congregation
Congregation

Post by fezzik092 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:26 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:57 pm
I just had a Seinfeld moment with U-Haul over the phone. A few days ago, I reserved a car hauler for this weekend, and I just got a message that I was good to go, but the pick-up location is in a different town, thirty miles away, via a toll-road.

"The reservation was made a week before the scheduled pick-up, can't you have somebody take it to where I need it?"

Oh well, maybe I'll stop by and have a smoke with fezzik092 when I'm in Topeka-friggin-Kansas!

Wouldn't be the first time I helped with an impromptu move!
Anybody want a peanut?

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik

Post by FredS » Thu May 21, 2020 8:42 pm

fezzik092 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:26 pm
FredS wrote:

My hot rod's been setting in a garage by herself back there for almost three years. My Colorado brother and I are going to Lawrence to retrieve some of my dad's tools before his widow sells the house and he offered to take his truck if I wanted to drag the car home. I can't wait to rip up some twisty mountain roads this summer!
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 pm

I fished yesterday afternoon with my grandson and we caught and released 11 bass.
I played golf this morning and tied for second, winning $7.50, which paid for my lunch.
Yesterday afternoon a truck with a kayak on the roof pulled over onto the shoulder of the hwy, so I pulled over to see if I could help. I got out of my truck and walked back to his truck,. The young man got out and pretty much ignored me. You out of gas?, I asked. No I'm good, was his reply without looking at me. Well good luck then, I said, and got back into my truck, lit my pipe, pulled back onto the hwy and drove away.
Tonight's a quiet night. Nothing but crickets on the back porch. I wish I had some coffee ice cream.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Thu May 21, 2020 11:19 pm

My wife broke my Batman mug that I used for my shaving soap. I have no idea how to proceed with her.
All people are worth praying for - Hugodrax.

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Fri May 22, 2020 2:27 am

I forgot to eat dinner tonight.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology

Post by hugodrax » Fri May 22, 2020 6:54 am

Fainn wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:19 pm
My wife broke my Batman mug that I used for my shaving soap. I have no idea how to proceed with her.
I don’t know about the rest of you guys, but I’m on tenterhooks waiting to learn how Fainn proceeds.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing

Post by gaining_age » Fri May 22, 2020 7:24 am

FredS wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:42 pm
fezzik092 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:26 pm
FredS wrote:

My hot rod's been setting in a garage by herself back there for almost three years. My Colorado brother and I are going to Lawrence to retrieve some of my dad's tools before his widow sells the house and he offered to take his truck if I wanted to drag the car home. I can't wait to rip up some twisty mountain roads this summer!
Trailridge! -- Jackets required, altitude acclimation recommended.

Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik

Post by FredS » Fri May 22, 2020 7:35 am

Trailridge would be fun because it's a beautiful drive, but it's a low-speed road crowded with people who aren't accustomed to driving in the mountains. Besides, RMNP is closed.

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Fri May 22, 2020 8:21 am

FredS wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:35 am
Trailridge would be fun because it's a beautiful drive, but it's a low-speed road crowded with people who aren't accustomed to driving in the mountains. Besides, RMNP is closed.
It's not summer yet.

In summer it still looks like this:

If you're looking for speed.... aaah... The Race to the Clouds comes to mind but that's competitive and I'm not sure what the qualifications are to enter.

I know of some nice roads farther from you...

Berthoud pass ... except there are bound to be some folks from flatlands with nervous driving...

Trough road... that'd be fun... and low traffic.

G.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:

FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik

Post by FredS » Fri May 22, 2020 10:29 am

Highway 14 from Ted's place up to Cameron Pass - 5,200' to 10,200' elevation. I know the bottom half (the most twisty part) like the back of my hand.

Regarding the Race To the Clouds - - - I plan to be there as a spectator this year. Have you ever been to it? I'm looking for some insider info as to some good spots for spectating.

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Fri May 22, 2020 10:59 am

FredS wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:29 am
Highway 14 from Ted's place up to Cameron Pass - 5,200' to 10,200' elevation. I know the bottom half (the most twisty part) like the back of my hand.

Regarding the Race To the Clouds - - - I plan to be there as a spectator this year. Have you ever been to it? I'm looking for some insider info as to some good spots for spectating.
I've actually not been to that race-- I've seen footage.

The Ted's place up to Cameron Pass looks good. I have a friend in Ft. Collins (hadn't heard from him in a weeks-- I need to check up on him)-- he may know of some other interesting roads.
The 6s of 1st John:

FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik

Post by FredS » Fri May 22, 2020 2:06 pm

The Mexican roofers working across the road are playing loud music. It all sounds the same to me, and it all sounds fun. TGIF and Happy Veintidós de Mayo!
:chili:

hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology

Post by hugodrax » Fri May 22, 2020 2:55 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:06 pm
The Mexican roofers working across the road are playing loud music. It all sounds the same to me, and it all sounds fun. TGIF and Happy Veintidós de Mayo!

Hah, that was my favorite day last summer. The roofers van broke down in my driveway and I had one of their tecate's while listening to their music and watching them fix it. Good fellows and a happy memory.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik

Post by FredS » Fri May 22, 2020 4:38 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:55 pm
FredS wrote:

Hah, that was my favorite day last summer. The roofers van broke down in my driveway and I had one of their tecate's while listening to their music and watching them fix it. Good fellows and a happy memory.
They're building new houses around me. The electricians are white and they play bro country. I'm not a fan.

AnungUnRama
Pastor
Pastor

Post by AnungUnRama » Fri May 22, 2020 6:52 pm

FredS wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:55 pm
FredS wrote:

They're building new houses around me. The electricians are white and they play bro country. I'm not a fan.
Ugh. Bro country. "There's been an awful murder down on music row!"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Fri May 22, 2020 7:56 pm

My cardiologist set me up with an Irish nurse.
Her name is Angie O'Graham :facepalm:
"This'll be fun" said no one
"Praise be to Mary, her child and all those with them in Paradise."---Paulus Kal

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 pm

You rarely recognize the happiest moments of your life until they have passed. I was able to recognize of them while it was happening yesterday. I was laying on the couch with my eyes closed. Solomon climbed on top of me, closed his eyes, and laid his head next to mine.
All people are worth praying for - Hugodrax.

JimVH
JimExotic
JimExotic
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sun May 24, 2020 12:11 am

Many suggest being forced to wear a mask is unconstitutional.

I feel the same way about pants.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard