Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6881
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:37 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:24 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm
I don't like to trim my toe nails.
Me neither. The trimmings get caught in my teeth.
I always end up taking too much off and hobble for a few days.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28152
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:26 am

I harvested the last of the white pomegranates this morning.
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30933
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:28 pm

Grilled lamb steaks and pork chops this afternoon.

I like grilled lamb.
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

User avatar
gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Posts: 18192
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by gaining_age » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:30 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:24 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm
I don't like to trim my toe nails.
Me neither. The trimmings get caught in my teeth.
I'd rather you didn't trim DL's toe nails. Bad imagery... and with your teeth? Dude... the Bible records it was a foot washing!
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26097
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:30 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:24 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm
I don't like to trim my toe nails.
Me neither. The trimmings get caught in my teeth.
I'd rather you didn't trim DL's toe nails. Bad imagery... and with your teeth? Dude... the Bible records it was a foot washing!
:lol:
And ew.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23311
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:23 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:30 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:24 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm
I don't like to trim my toe nails.
Me neither. The trimmings get caught in my teeth.
I'd rather you didn't trim DL's toe nails. Bad imagery... and with your teeth? Dude... the Bible records it was a foot washing!
:lol:
And ew.
This place is really getting weird.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
MDPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 3683
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by MDPiper » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:48 pm

hugodrax wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:30 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:24 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm
I don't like to trim my toe nails.
Me neither. The trimmings get caught in my teeth.
I'd rather you didn't trim DL's toe nails. Bad imagery... and with your teeth? Dude... the Bible records it was a foot washing!
:lol:
And ew.
This place is really getting weird.
Now you think this place is getting weird? Now?!?!
Gitty Up!

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28152
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:21 am

I'm fasting for blood work.
I don't do well with no morning coffee
:zzz:
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay
Posts: 1183
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 am
Location: The armpit of the midwest

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by AnungUnRama » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:33 am

Working from home today. Got a fire going because it is cold and damp outside. The heat woke up a cricket that somehow decided INSIDE THE CEILING was a good place to take a nap. This stupid thing is louder than your mother in law and I cannot find it to kill it.
Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

User avatar
Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Posts: 14189
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Roadmaster » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:10 am

AnungUnRama wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:33 am
Working from home today. Got a fire going because it is cold and damp outside. The heat woke up a cricket that somehow decided INSIDE THE CEILING was a good place to take a nap. This stupid thing is loZuder than your mother in law and I cannot find it to kill it.
I get along with my MIL much better than Mrs R.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23311
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:21 am

MDPiper wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:48 pm
hugodrax wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:30 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:24 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm
I don't like to trim my toe nails.
Me neither. The trimmings get caught in my teeth.
I'd rather you didn't trim DL's toe nails. Bad imagery... and with your teeth? Dude... the Bible records it was a foot washing!
:lol:
And ew.
This place is really getting weird.
Now you think this place is getting weird? Now?!?!
Good point, but I'm not sure "turning into a 3rd world [moderated]" would get past the moderators.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Posts: 1805
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Tatanka » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Forced to return to Stockdale Optical to have the nose rest parts, adjusted. Really digging in and hurting. I don't have any pliars/tweezers small enough to try it myself. Would not want to break them off! Will have to put on the durned mask when I enter the facility! :(
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23311
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:40 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:21 am
MDPiper wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:48 pm
hugodrax wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:30 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:24 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm
I don't like to trim my toe nails.
Me neither. The trimmings get caught in my teeth.
I'd rather you didn't trim DL's toe nails. Bad imagery... and with your teeth? Dude... the Bible records it was a foot washing!
:lol:
And ew.
This place is really getting weird.
Now you think this place is getting weird? Now?!?!
Good point, but I'm not sure "turning into a 3rd world [moderated]" would get past the moderators.
:D
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Posts: 18192
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by gaining_age » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:53 pm

These eyes....


I have tri level progressive glasses and I have bifocals for computer work... and I still take them off for closer looking.

Single lens system is shot.

:(
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay
Posts: 1183
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 am
Location: The armpit of the midwest

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by AnungUnRama » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Got my new to me LL Bean flannel caught on something and ripped a hole in the back. So glad I didn't buy it new. It WAS in great shape :-/

Still warm tho.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30933
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:53 pm

sometimes my emergency inhaller makes me vomit

it happened on vacation

glad it was iced coffee
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28152
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:52 am

AnungUnRama wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:26 pm
Got my new to me LL Bean flannel caught on something and ripped a hole in the back. So glad I didn't buy it new. It WAS in great shape :-/

Still warm tho.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
:cry:
LLBean flannels are my favorites.
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23311
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:20 am

Hovannes wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:52 am
AnungUnRama wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:26 pm
Got my new to me LL Bean flannel caught on something and ripped a hole in the back. So glad I didn't buy it new. It WAS in great shape :-/

Still warm tho.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
:cry:
LLBean flannels are my favorites.
Huh. I was honestly expecting you to say Sears Roebuck. Remember those things? Now that was a man's flannel, thick and scratchy-at-first and indestructible.

LLBean smacks of store-bought outdoorsy toggle beneath a mega-Boomer such as yourself. Rebranded Prince Albert and Dr Grabows, forsooth
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28152
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:22 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:20 am
Hovannes wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:52 am
AnungUnRama wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:26 pm
Got my new to me LL Bean flannel caught on something and ripped a hole in the back. So glad I didn't buy it new. It WAS in great shape :-/

Still warm tho.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
:cry:
LLBean flannels are my favorites.
Huh. I was honestly expecting you to say Sears Roebuck. Remember those things? Now that was a man's flannel, thick and scratchy-at-first and indestructible.

LLBean smacks of store-bought outdoorsy toggle beneath a mega-Boomer such as yourself. Rebranded Prince Albert and Dr Grabows, forsooth
Thick you say? Ever try an original LL Bean Chamois cloth? That's industrial flannel!
Sadly the Portuguese flannel shirts are no longer an item but they improved with each wash cycle until it was like buttoning on a cloud :D .
I'm not impressed with the current crop of Beans and I haven't ordered anything Beans since '98 however those flannels were memorable whippersnapper! :lol:
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Posts: 18192
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by gaining_age » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:46 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:22 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:20 am
Hovannes wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:52 am
AnungUnRama wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:26 pm
Got my new to me LL Bean flannel caught on something and ripped a hole in the back. So glad I didn't buy it new. It WAS in great shape :-/

Still warm tho.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
:cry:
LLBean flannels are my favorites.
Huh. I was honestly expecting you to say Sears Roebuck. Remember those things? Now that was a man's flannel, thick and scratchy-at-first and indestructible.

LLBean smacks of store-bought outdoorsy toggle beneath a mega-Boomer such as yourself. Rebranded Prince Albert and Dr Grabows, forsooth
Thick you say? Ever try an original LL Bean Chamois cloth? That's industrial flannel!
Sadly the Portuguese flannel shirts are no longer an item but they improved with each wash cycle until it was like buttoning on a cloud :D .
I'm not impressed with the current crop of Beans and I haven't ordered anything Beans since '98 however those flannels were memorable whippersnapper! :lol:
I see them... pricey. Where did you get them previously?

https://www.portugueseflannel.com/colle ... nel-shirts
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Post Reply