Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 11129
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by AFRS » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:20 am

Fainn wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:15 pm
Solomon through several temper tantrums because he wanted to go to church. And it's Thursday.
Easy solution: take him.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 7518
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:16 pm

I was able to speak to my grandmother for the first time in a year beacuse of Covid. Apparently the nursing home decked my mother out in a hazmat suit so she could talk to us on the phone since today is her 98th birthday. Solomon sang "Happy Birthday" to her.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 24725
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:59 pm

Fainn wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:16 pm
I was able to speak to my grandmother for the first time in a year beacuse of Covid. Apparently the nursing home decked my mother out in a hazmat suit so she could talk to us on the phone since today is her 98th birthday. Solomon sang "Happy Birthday" to her.
I totally care.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
joegoat
Minstrel of Midnight Serenades
Minstrel of Midnight Serenades
Posts: 3361
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Southwest Ohio

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by joegoat » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:04 pm

I want an old two cylinder John Deere. It must be a flywheel start, unstyled and I prefer the exhaust stack and air cleaner be on opposite sides of the hood. Alas, the shed is low on space and I don't "need" another piece of equipment. I think I just need a small tobacco farm.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

User avatar
durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy
Posts: 9204
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:16 am

Got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday.
Shoulder was only a little bit sore this morning.

Tonight my armpit feels like somebody smacked me with a baseball bat there while my arm was up in the air (celebrating getting the vaccine?) - apparently a swollen lymph node in the armpit is a common side effect. Who knew?

Not that you care.

:pipe3:
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Posts: 13206
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:15 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:16 am
Got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday.
Shoulder was only a little bit sore this morning.

Tonight my armpit feels like somebody smacked me with a baseball bat there while my arm was up in the air (celebrating getting the vaccine?) - apparently a swollen lymph node in the armpit is a common side effect. Who knew?

Not that you care.

:pipe3:
Yeah, I care. Our daughter, and two older sisters of mine, all received the Pfizer with no issues. But pretty much everyone that I personally know that got the Moderna have had side effects, from just slight body aches, to a couple of days of flu-like symptoms. My wife and I aren't eligible yet anyway, but we're thinking of waiting for the J&J.

Meanwhile, there were supposed to be 3 buds over this weekend for a meet-up and end of season snipe hunt, but all cancelled, mostly due to complications from last week's Texas freeze. So now I have a Shiner's variety pack in my fridge, and a bottle of Bird Dog Bourbon in the cabinet, both purchased for the occasion.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

User avatar
durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy
Posts: 9204
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:00 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:15 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:16 am
Got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday.
Shoulder was only a little bit sore this morning.

Tonight my armpit feels like somebody smacked me with a baseball bat there while my arm was up in the air (celebrating getting the vaccine?) - apparently a swollen lymph node in the armpit is a common side effect. Who knew?

Not that you care.

:pipe3:
Yeah, I care. Our daughter, and two older sisters of mine, all received the Pfizer with no issues. But pretty much everyone that I personally know that got the Moderna have had side effects, from just slight body aches, to a couple of days of flu-like symptoms. My wife and I aren't eligible yet anyway, but we're thinking of waiting for the J&J.

Meanwhile, there were supposed to be 3 buds over this weekend for a meet-up and end of season snipe hunt, but all cancelled, mostly due to complications from last week's Texas freeze. So now I have a Shiner's variety pack in my fridge, and a bottle of Bird Dog Bourbon in the cabinet, both purchased for the occasion.
Sorry about the hunt being called off and not seeing your buds. I know how much I look forward to those get together.
But I imagine those beers and bourbon will be put to good use, somehow. :D

My swollen lymph node is much less painful today.
No other side affects. My wife had a much rougher time a few weeks ago - sore arm and sick as a dog for a day.

Pretty much everyone over 70 in our community who wanted the vaccine has now had both doses.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef
Posts: 4398
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:53 pm

Probably not the right thread, but oh well. Anyway...

My son called today to announce that he has officially passed all of his tests and completed Battlestations at Navy Basic Training. As of today, he is officially a US Navy Sailor.

:bacon: :cheese: :taco: :chili:

Thanks to the 'rona, there is no ability to visit and view the Pass In Review in person, but it will be posted to the Recruit Training Command's social media pages on Friday. My son will be carrying the guidon for the Pass In Review.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26801
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:21 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:53 pm
Probably not the right thread, but oh well. Anyway...

My son called today to announce that he has officially passed all of his tests and completed Battlestations at Navy Basic Training. As of today, he is officially a US Navy Sailor.

:bacon: :cheese: :taco: :chili:

Thanks to the 'rona, there is no ability to visit and view the Pass In Review in person, but it will be posted to the Recruit Training Command's social media pages on Friday. My son will be carrying the guidon for the Pass In Review.
Congratulations. Please let him know we are grateful for his service.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 11094
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 pm

:dance:

Me too/also congratulating and thanking :wavey:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Posts: 13206
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:14 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:53 pm
Probably not the right thread, but oh well. Anyway...

My son called today to announce that he has officially passed all of his tests and completed Battlestations at Navy Basic Training. As of today, he is officially a US Navy Sailor.

:bacon: :cheese: :taco: :chili:

Thanks to the 'rona, there is no ability to visit and view the Pass In Review in person, but it will be posted to the Recruit Training Command's social media pages on Friday. My son will be carrying the guidon for the Pass In Review.
Anchors aweigh, my boy! And congrats!
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

User avatar
joegoat
Minstrel of Midnight Serenades
Minstrel of Midnight Serenades
Posts: 3361
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Southwest Ohio

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by joegoat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:54 am

Making corned beef hash and eggs over medium.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 11129
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by AFRS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:46 pm

joegoat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:54 am
Making corned beef hash and eggs over medium.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.
Just finished eggs over easy, and left-over steak strips... mmmMMMmmm

User avatar
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef
Posts: 4398
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:33 pm

AFRS wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:46 pm
joegoat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:54 am
Making corned beef hash and eggs over medium.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.
Just finished eggs over easy, and left-over steak strips... mmmMMMmmm
Your last addition made me think of this:
Frederick Frankenstein wrote: Oh, do you like it? I’m not partial to desserts myself, but this is excellent.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 25224
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Jocose » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:15 pm

I'm eating baked mac and cheese, it's not doing much for my girlish figure but it is tasty.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Posts: 15976
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Cleon » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Jocose wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:15 pm
I'm eating baked mac and cheese, it's not doing much for my girlish figure but it is tasty.
It's keto if you spit out the mac.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy
Posts: 9204
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:25 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:14 am
Sir Moose wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:53 pm
Probably not the right thread, but oh well. Anyway...

My son called today to announce that he has officially passed all of his tests and completed Battlestations at Navy Basic Training. As of today, he is officially a US Navy Sailor.

:bacon: :cheese: :taco: :chili:

Thanks to the 'rona, there is no ability to visit and view the Pass In Review in person, but it will be posted to the Recruit Training Command's social media pages on Friday. My son will be carrying the guidon for the Pass In Review.
Anchors aweigh, my boy! And congrats!
Yes, all of the above and respect to him.
The Navy was one of the best experiences, ever, for my son.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
joegoat
Minstrel of Midnight Serenades
Minstrel of Midnight Serenades
Posts: 3361
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Southwest Ohio

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by joegoat » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:00 pm

I hauled the trash to the road with Puddles (the 1947 standard Farmall Cub) tonight. She hadn't ran for several months and I figured it was a fool's errand to try starting her this evening. The 1956 Lo-Boy has the snow plow mounted so it doesn't have a ball hitch to pull the trailer. I didn't feel like rolling the trash can a quarter mile though.
It took some choke and throttle juggling, but on the third attempt she was alive and well.
Why is she called Puddles? She liked to leak especially when the rear main seal went out and she lost a quart of oil during an hour and a half of mowing. I've got just about everything fixed now, but she's 74 this year. I'll probably leak a little at that age.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31756
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:09 pm

I need to procure a new mobile device.

I do not enjoy the procurement of a new mobile device process.
DL Jake

Neanderthals didn't have carpet and their babies grew up to slay mammoths. - SlowToke

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31756
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:11 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:53 pm
Probably not the right thread, but oh well. Anyway...

My son called today to announce that he has officially passed all of his tests and completed Battlestations at Navy Basic Training. As of today, he is officially a US Navy Sailor.

:bacon: :cheese: :taco: :chili:

Thanks to the 'rona, there is no ability to visit and view the Pass In Review in person, but it will be posted to the Recruit Training Command's social media pages on Friday. My son will be carrying the guidon for the Pass In Review.
That's a big deal, for anyone who might care.
DL Jake

Neanderthals didn't have carpet and their babies grew up to slay mammoths. - SlowToke

Post Reply