Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26675
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:01 am

Skip wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:06 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:30 am
I board in about half an hour to return from The now infamous Not the Chicago Pipe Show Weekend.

Mr. Winton was most kind an gracious. Gabe had an offer that if a rental car was in hand, I probably would have gone over. 2x7 laughed me. A lot. That’s ok. I finally laught at me even more.

I’ll never live this down.
I thought you were joking.
I got that a lot.

User avatar
TwoXseveN
I'm the Sassy One
Posts: 11851
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Grand Rapids MI.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by TwoXseveN » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:28 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:01 am
Skip wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:06 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:30 am
I board in about half an hour to return from The now infamous Not the Chicago Pipe Show Weekend.

Mr. Winton was most kind an gracious. Gabe had an offer that if a rental car was in hand, I probably would have gone over. 2x7 laughed me. A lot. That’s ok. I finally laught at me even more.

I’ll never live this down.
I thought you were joking.
I got that a lot.
I don't recall laughing at ya! I felt/feel terrible. Such a bummer!'

I did, however, think it was a joke for a very long time.
I'm what some CPS'ers have called, "Better than advertised".

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26675
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:13 pm

TwoXseveN wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:28 am
DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:01 am
Skip wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:06 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:30 am
I board in about half an hour to return from The now infamous Not the Chicago Pipe Show Weekend.

Mr. Winton was most kind an gracious. Gabe had an offer that if a rental car was in hand, I probably would have gone over. 2x7 laughed me. A lot. That’s ok. I finally laught at me even more.

I’ll never live this down.
I thought you were joking.
I got that a lot.
I don't recall laughing at ya! I felt/feel terrible. Such a bummer!'

I did, however, think it was a joke for a very long time.
Poetic license, old boy.

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3460
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:29 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:37 am
Insomnia stinks.

That is all.
Have a baby. You'll sleep as much as you can.
I'm bigger than the Beatles - Jesus

User avatar
MDPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 3516
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by MDPiper » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 pm

UncleBob wrote:Insomnia stinks.

That is all.
Yeah! It's my turn.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gitty Up!

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2962
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:31 pm

MDPiper wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 pm
UncleBob wrote:Insomnia stinks.

That is all.
Yeah! It's my turn.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try staying awake--sometimes that'll do it.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
MDPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 3516
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by MDPiper » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:01 am

Sir Moose wrote:
MDPiper wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 pm
UncleBob wrote:Insomnia stinks.

That is all.
Yeah! It's my turn.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try staying awake--sometimes that'll do it.
I'm getting tired, very very tired. I'm getting sleepy, my body is floating on a cloud. I AM WIDE AWAKE!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gitty Up!

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2962
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:39 am

I think I just got somebody to pull their post from a Facebook group. It was a link to an article that they obviously thought was a clever pro-abortion piece. I made a snarky comment that pointed out how ridiculous the linked piece was. Multiple people started liking my response and nobody was liking the original post. Apparently, that wasn't the response that the original poster hoped for, because suddenly, it was all gone.

:chili: :chili: :chili:
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 20491
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:59 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:39 am
I think I just got somebody to pull their post from a Facebook group. It was a link to an article that they obviously thought was a clever pro-abortion piece. I made a snarky comment that pointed out how ridiculous the linked piece was. Multiple people started liking my response and nobody was liking the original post. Apparently, that wasn't the response that the original poster hoped for, because suddenly, it was all gone.

:chili: :chili: :chili:
Del called to say this is what it sounds like when doves cry.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23106
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:15 pm

I earned too much money substitute teaching last year. My quarterlies went up $400 bucks a shot.

User avatar
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now
Posts: 7980
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by mont974x4 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Someone bought the lot next to me and intends to build a house on it. There has never been a for sale sign on it and the people who own it now told us they would never sell and never build on it. This new news made me angry.

The buyer called to tell me the news. He also stated that there is a water rights issue and he had already hired a lawyer. This made me angrier.

That is all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23106
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:37 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:22 pm
Someone bought the lot next to me and intends to build a house on it. There has never been a for sale sign on it and the people who own it now told us they would never sell and never build on it. This new news made me angry.

The buyer called to tell me the news. He also stated that there is a water rights issue and he had already hired a lawyer. This made me angrier.

That is all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get a good lawyer.

User avatar
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now
Posts: 7980
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by mont974x4 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:27 pm

I can’t afford a bad lawyer let alone a good one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3336
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:59 pm

mont974x4 wrote:I can’t afford a bad lawyer let alone a good one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would think a bad lawyer is more expensive in the end?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23106
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:49 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:59 pm
mont974x4 wrote:I can’t afford a bad lawyer let alone a good one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would think a bad lawyer is more expensive in the end?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
^^^this^^^
A good lawyer will let you make payments
A bad lawyer will let you make payments
Wouldn't you prefer to make payments for getting something in return?

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23106
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:34 am

I'm finally seeing a possible end to all the weeding that's been taking up most of my time in the back yard lately.

I need, need I say, a bag of lump charcoal and a six pack of good beer to keep up my morale.

The hardware store finally got in an order of 2" twist nails so I can finish installing the ply sub flooring in the wc off our garage.

I booked two nights in Santa Cruz in July for our family vacation (a tradition we weren't able to have last year because prices are berserk) as I was able to find a "deal." Spending time with both our kids now is something I treasure as they grow more involved with other activities,

And so it goes.

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8915
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:50 am

Hovannes wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:34 am
I'm finally seeing a possible end to all the weeding that's been taking up most of my time in the back yard lately.

I need, need I say, a bag of lump charcoal and a six pack of good beer to keep up my morale.

The hardware store finally got in an order of 2" twist nails so I can finish installing the ply sub flooring in the wc off our garage.

I booked two nights in Santa Cruz in July for our family vacation (a tradition we weren't able to have last year because prices are berserk) as I was able to find a "deal." Spending time with both our kids now is something I treasure as they grow more involved with other activities,

And so it goes.
WC = water closet?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23106
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:02 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:50 am
Hovannes wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:34 am
I'm finally seeing a possible end to all the weeding that's been taking up most of my time in the back yard lately.

I need, need I say, a bag of lump charcoal and a six pack of good beer to keep up my morale.

The hardware store finally got in an order of 2" twist nails so I can finish installing the ply sub flooring in the wc off our garage.

I booked two nights in Santa Cruz in July for our family vacation (a tradition we weren't able to have last year because prices are berserk) as I was able to find a "deal." Spending time with both our kids now is something I treasure as they grow more involved with other activities,

And so it goes.
WC = water closet?
Yup!

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23106
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 am

I just returned home with a 40# bag of mesquite lump charcoal. It's going to be a grand summer!

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33711
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by UncleBob » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Mrs. UB's book is out!

:taco:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Post Reply