Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17443
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:22 am

FredS wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:07 am
The first ten years of my grown-up working life were spent as a machinist/tool maker. One of my favorite coworkers was Curt. Curt lived about 30 miles from the shop and would drink a 6 pack on his way home every evening.

Curt didn't stay in one place too long because he didn't like bosses. He liked to say "There's a reason our tool boxes have wheels."

Whenever anyone asked Curt what he was making he said "Half as much as I'm worth."

That was a long time ago and I'm pretty sure Curt's dead by now.
Fail. You want the Useless Facts about Curt Thread.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
FredS
Good enough for Trappists
Good enough for Trappists
Posts: 21634
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:50 am

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:22 am
FredS wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:07 am
The first ten years of my grown-up working life were spent as a machinist/tool maker. One of my favorite coworkers was Curt. Curt lived about 30 miles from the shop and would drink a 6 pack on his way home every evening.

Curt didn't stay in one place too long because he didn't like bosses. He liked to say "There's a reason our tool boxes have wheels."

Whenever anyone asked Curt what he was making he said "Half as much as I'm worth."

That was a long time ago and I'm pretty sure Curt's dead by now.
Fail. You want the Useless Facts about Curt Thread.
The UselessFACT?
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17443
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:09 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:50 am
hugodrax wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:22 am
FredS wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:07 am
The first ten years of my grown-up working life were spent as a machinist/tool maker. One of my favorite coworkers was Curt. Curt lived about 30 miles from the shop and would drink a 6 pack on his way home every evening.

Curt didn't stay in one place too long because he didn't like bosses. He liked to say "There's a reason our tool boxes have wheels."

Whenever anyone asked Curt what he was making he said "Half as much as I'm worth."

That was a long time ago and I'm pretty sure Curt's dead by now.
Fail. You want the Useless Facts about Curt Thread.
The UselessFACT?
Well-played, Fred. I snarfed.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 3860
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:50 pm

My once a decade conspiracy kick has now lasted 2 years. Oddly, it helps me from focusing on my depression.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

It takes a smart eye feller to say, "I feller smart".

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35878
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:41 pm

I found an old Sears Craftsman router, barely used (if at all) in a plastic case for cheap. Not that you care.

:taco:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
mont974x4
Tim
Tim
Posts: 8482
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by mont974x4 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:09 pm

UncleBob wrote:I found an old Sears Craftsman router, barely used (if at all) in a plastic case for cheap. Not that you care.

:taco:
Did it come with a sander?


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3540
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:59 pm

My wife is out for a few hours at a painting class. I thought it would be funny to send her a video of my feeding the baby (really a toddler now) whipping cream from the can.

An hour past bedtime I am regretting that decision.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28008
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:42 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:59 pm
My wife is out for a few hours at a painting class. I thought it would be funny to send her a video of my feeding the baby (really a toddler now) whipping cream from the can.

An hour past bedtime I am regretting that decision.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Called it!

:lol:
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 3860
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:03 am

I thought I was by myself and let a few rip. Turned around to find half my co-workers were 20 feet away. Now I will be up all night as I wonder weather or not they heard. Was not too loud, but def not silent.
It takes a smart eye feller to say, "I feller smart".

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6309
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 am

Fainn wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:03 am
I thought I was by myself and let a few rip. Turned around to find half my co-workers were 20 feet away. Now I will be up all night as I wonder weather or not they heard. Was not too loud, but def not silent.
A muzzle break or silencer might be a good idea.
Are you threaded for one?
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16065
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by gaining_age » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:25 am

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 am
Fainn wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:03 am
I thought I was by myself and let a few rip. Turned around to find half my co-workers were 20 feet away. Now I will be up all night as I wonder weather or not they heard. Was not too loud, but def not silent.
A muzzle break or silencer might be a good idea.
Are you threaded for one?
I determined a while back that reasonable protocol is to mutter an "excuse me" at about estimated volume of said release. If noone heard the one then noone would hear the other. If someone heard the first then likely they would hear the second.

It's a little different protocol than "don't ask, don't tell".
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6309
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:42 am

gaining_age wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:25 am
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 am
Fainn wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:03 am
I thought I was by myself and let a few rip. Turned around to find half my co-workers were 20 feet away. Now I will be up all night as I wonder weather or not they heard. Was not too loud, but def not silent.
A muzzle break or silencer might be a good idea.
Are you threaded for one?
I determined a while back that reasonable protocol is to mutter an "excuse me" at about estimated volume of said release. If noone heard the one then noone would hear the other. If someone heard the first then likely they would hear the second.

It's a little different protocol than "don't ask, don't tell".
Yes.
More of a “Don’t ask, don’t smell.”
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 3409
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:42 am
gaining_age wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:25 am
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 am
Fainn wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:03 am
I thought I was by myself and let a few rip. Turned around to find half my co-workers were 20 feet away. Now I will be up all night as I wonder weather or not they heard. Was not too loud, but def not silent.
A muzzle break or silencer might be a good idea.
Are you threaded for one?
I determined a while back that reasonable protocol is to mutter an "excuse me" at about estimated volume of said release. If noone heard the one then noone would hear the other. If someone heard the first then likely they would hear the second.

It's a little different protocol than "don't ask, don't tell".
Yes.
More of a “Don’t ask, don’t smell.”
You could do like little Tommy Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life - follow them around pulling at their sleeve saying, "Excuse me. Excuse me. EXCUSE ME!" Eventually they'll ask what for and you can say, "I farted." It'll all be good then.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28008
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:42 am
gaining_age wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:25 am
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 am
Fainn wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:03 am
I thought I was by myself and let a few rip. Turned around to find half my co-workers were 20 feet away. Now I will be up all night as I wonder weather or not they heard. Was not too loud, but def not silent.
A muzzle break or silencer might be a good idea.
Are you threaded for one?
I determined a while back that reasonable protocol is to mutter an "excuse me" at about estimated volume of said release. If noone heard the one then noone would hear the other. If someone heard the first then likely they would hear the second.

It's a little different protocol than "don't ask, don't tell".
Yes.
More of a “Don’t ask, don’t smell.”
You could do like little Tommy Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life - follow them around pulling at their sleeve saying, "Excuse me. Excuse me. EXCUSE ME!" Eventually they'll ask what for and you can say, "I farted." It'll all be good then.
:lol: :lol:

+ Who cares if they heard? It's all about the scent with targets at 20 feet or better.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3540
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by ReverendThom » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:20 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:59 pm
My wife is out for a few hours at a painting class. I thought it would be funny to send her a video of my feeding the baby (really a toddler now) whipping cream from the can.

An hour past bedtime I am regretting that decision.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Called it!

Image
Image yep

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 3860
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:03 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:59 pm
My wife is out for a few hours at a painting class. I thought it would be funny to send her a video of my feeding the baby (really a toddler now)
Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I still consider mine a baby. Do Canadian babies mature faster?
It takes a smart eye feller to say, "I feller smart".

User avatar
mont974x4
Tim
Tim
Posts: 8482
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by mont974x4 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:35 pm

I was offered a full time spot at the wood shop. I accepted.


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17443
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:03 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:35 pm
I was offered a full time spot at the wood shop. I accepted.


Hello FredS
Woot and or yay.

Your pick.

Most cool.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28008
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:07 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:35 pm
I was offered a full time spot at the wood shop. I accepted.


Hello FredS
What's your position title? Stump 2? Woody McWoodson? No. No. No. Yer mont972x4 aren't you?

Sellout.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 22369
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 pm

We played bingo tonight. First time I've been to a bingo hall in 35, or so, years. A lot has changed.

Post Reply