Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4727
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:28 pm

I bought some mood music for when I get inked. AC/DC Live Collectors edition.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

User avatar
FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Posts: 22499
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Here's a poem by Iron Eyes, a Sioux from the Standing Rock Res who lived a transient life and recently died in my hometown. I 'knew' him through mutual friends in the 80's. He was only a few months older than me but always looked much older. He was a fantastic singer and won some competitions at Pow Wow's when we were young. He was also an alcoholic and I presume that's what finally took him.

Omaha woke one morning with a horrible hangover.
He stumbled out of bed but couldn't find his wife.
The house was spotless and there was a loving note from his wife on the table next to a warm breakfast.
Omaha asked his son what had happened.
The boy said he'd stumbled home drunk at 3 in the morning and made a mess of the house.
His wife finally got him to bed but when she tried to remove his pants he said "Get away from me woman. I'm married."
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4727
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:33 am

I haz the diarrhea.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 25592
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:00 am

I'm finally getting in to see a spine specialist for the first time.
It's only taken four months.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9106
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:25 am

Fainn wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:33 am
I haz the diarrhea.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
We may have wandered into the area of TMI
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister of Brisket
Minister of Brisket
Posts: 4203
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:02 am

Had Good Bull BBQ on Monday and it looks like we are having a birthday lunch there for my boss on Friday. Not too bad.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Y'all crazy

User avatar
FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Posts: 22499
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:42 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:25 am
Fainn wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:33 am
I haz the diarrhea.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
We may have wandered into the area of TMI
Or BMI.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9106
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:29 pm

I am distracted here at work...its snowing...someone brought in a munch of tamales and I have been putting off a report that is due this afternoon...well I got the report cranked out between the 1st and second tamale. Not that you care :chili:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19246
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:52 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:29 pm
I am distracted here at work...its snowing...someone brought in a munch of tamales and I have been putting off a report that is due this afternoon...well I got the report cranked out between the 1st and second tamale. Not that you care :chili:
Freudian slip?
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9106
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:55 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:52 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:29 pm
I am distracted here at work...its snowing...someone brought in a munch of tamales and I have been putting off a report that is due this afternoon...well I got the report cranked out between the 1st and second tamale. Not that you care :chili:
Freudian slip?
Distracted :lol: and maybe wishful thinking...I am sure that there are too many carbs in the masa otherwise I would eat a 1/2 dozen
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 23659
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:02 pm

We're going to see Corb Lund tonight. We saw his solo act last year, but this will be the first time to see the Hurtin Albertans.

Boom.

User avatar
FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Posts: 22499
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:04 pm

^asshole
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19246
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:14 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:02 pm
We're going to see Corb Lund tonight. We saw his solo act last year, but this will be the first time to see the Hurtin Albertans.

Boom.
So jealous. I'm a fan, but my kids adore him. Any chance of a bootleg or a "Hey Claudia" selfie? You always seem to wangle a photo op.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 23659
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:38 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:14 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:02 pm
We're going to see Corb Lund tonight. We saw his solo act last year, but this will be the first time to see the Hurtin Albertans.

Boom.
So jealous. I'm a fan, but my kids adore him. Any chance of a bootleg or a "Hey Claudia" selfie? You always seem to wangle a photo op.
I'll see what I can do.

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19246
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:46 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:38 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:14 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:02 pm
We're going to see Corb Lund tonight. We saw his solo act last year, but this will be the first time to see the Hurtin Albertans.

Boom.
So jealous. I'm a fan, but my kids adore him. Any chance of a bootleg or a "Hey Claudia" selfie? You always seem to wangle a photo op.
I'll see what I can do.
No pressure. Enjoy the heck out of the show.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 23659
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:49 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:46 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:38 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:14 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:02 pm
We're going to see Corb Lund tonight. We saw his solo act last year, but this will be the first time to see the Hurtin Albertans.

Boom.
So jealous. I'm a fan, but my kids adore him. Any chance of a bootleg or a "Hey Claudia" selfie? You always seem to wangle a photo op.
I'll see what I can do.
No pressure. Enjoy the heck out of the show.
No worries. I'm on it.

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 25592
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:18 pm

Discs L2,3,4 & 5 are herniated. But not too badly! :D
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19246
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:18 pm
Discs L2,3,4 & 5 are herniated. But not too badly! :D
That draws a significant vacuum.

Praying now, sir.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37041
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by UncleBob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:54 pm

I have a job interview tomorrow.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9106
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:56 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:43 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:18 pm
Discs L2,3,4 & 5 are herniated. But not too badly! :D
That draws a significant vacuum.

Praying now, sir.
Praying
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Post Reply