Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 8575
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:20 am

Several years ago I worked in another unit at the office. I had 2 partners and they were both named Jeff. When we would go to meetings, I used to introduce us by saying, "Hi, my names is Scott and this is my brother Jeff and this is my other brother Jeff" The Jeffs didn't think I was funny...I thought I was a riot!
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18433
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 am

My dog just ate my Bavarian Ham sandwich.

I'm calling the local Korean bbq. Perhaps we can come to an arrangement.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 22967
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:18 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:20 am
Several years ago I worked in another unit at the office. I had 2 partners and they were both named Jeff. When we would go to meetings, I used to introduce us by saying, "Hi, my names is Scott and this is my brother Jeff and this is my other brother Jeff" The Jeffs didn't think I was funny...I thought I was a riot!
I have two Felicias that work in my group. Every person that comes to HR ends their visit with "Bye Felicia". Twice.

I'm concerned that one day they will snap.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 8575
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 am
My dog just ate my Bavarian Ham sandwich.

I'm calling the local Korean bbq. Perhaps we can come to an arrangement.
That dog knows whats good! He thought, "..The Boss made me a sandwich...SCORE!"
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18433
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 am
My dog just ate my Bavarian Ham sandwich.

I'm calling the local Korean bbq. Perhaps we can come to an arrangement.
That dog knows whats good! He thought, "..The Boss made me a sandwich...SCORE!"
That dog went up onto my kitchen counter to snag my lunch.

I'm thinking "dog bim bap" or maybe "pooch fried rice."
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6706
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:47 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:36 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 am
My dog just ate my Bavarian Ham sandwich.

I'm calling the local Korean bbq. Perhaps we can come to an arrangement.
That dog knows whats good! He thought, "..The Boss made me a sandwich...SCORE!"
That dog went up onto my kitchen counter to snag my lunch.

I'm thinking "dog bim bap" or maybe "pooch fried rice."
Kung Pow! puppy?
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4300
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:47 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:20 am
Several years ago I worked in another unit at the office. I had 2 partners and they were both named Jeff. When we would go to meetings, I used to introduce us by saying, "Hi, my names is Scott and this is my brother Jeff and this is my other brother Jeff" The Jeffs didn't think I was funny...I thought I was a riot!
In our wedding program, we thanked Larry, his brother Daryl, and his other brother Daryl.
Why does Hugodrax want to suppress the Jesuits?

User avatar
Stanley76
Son of a Goose
Son of a Goose
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm

I don't care about any of this stuff.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 36470
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by UncleBob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:55 pm

At lunch, I observed some prairie dog pup s scampering about.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
Posts: 22085
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm

:chili: This is me doing the happy dance because I opted out and I feel better already. :bacon:
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16355
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by gaining_age » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:22 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm
:chili: This is me doing the happy dance because I opted out and I feel better already. :bacon:
I did it wrong earlier-- so I saw your post. I then did it right.

:cheese:
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 10288
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:30 pm

I shot a 94 today at golf, in poor condition with high wind. I also received a job offer today, for av2-3 month job, from my former company.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18433
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:00 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:30 pm
I shot a 94 today at golf, in poor condition with high wind. I also received a job offer today, for av2-3 month job, from my former company.
Fail!

Great score. Great news all around.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18433
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:04 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm
:chili: This is me doing the happy dance because I opted out and I feel better already. :bacon:
The first rule of Charity--delve not too deeply into the mind of your fellow man, for there be startling things dwelling therein.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4300
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:19 pm

Nevermind. No one cares anyway.
Why does Hugodrax want to suppress the Jesuits?

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11715
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Gabriel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:27 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm
:chili: This is me doing the happy dance because I opted out and I feel better already. :bacon:
It’ll change your life for the better.
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
Posts: 22085
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:48 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:04 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm
:chili: This is me doing the happy dance because I opted out and I feel better already. :bacon:
The first rule of Charity--delve not too deeply into the mind of your fellow man, for there be startling things dwelling therein.
For that reason, I don't delve too deeply into my own mind.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16355
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by gaining_age » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:26 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:48 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:04 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm
:chili: This is me doing the happy dance because I opted out and I feel better already. :bacon:
The first rule of Charity--delve not too deeply into the mind of your fellow man, for there be startling things dwelling therein.
For that reason, I don't delve too deeply into my own mind.
"Don’t waste your time trying to get into my head. There's nothing there."

Denny Crane.

Image
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18433
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:12 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:26 pm
FredS wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:48 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:04 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm
:chili: This is me doing the happy dance because I opted out and I feel better already. :bacon:
The first rule of Charity--delve not too deeply into the mind of your fellow man, for there be startling things dwelling therein.
For that reason, I don't delve too deeply into my own mind.
"Don’t waste your time trying to get into my head. There's nothing there."

Denny Crane.

Image
You're all right on this one.

Also, Boston Legal was a documentary. If you boys only knew.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

Post Reply