Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30156
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:02 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:40 pm
Adam Z wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm
I despise the company I work for. I want to go to work elsewhere, but I'm scared to. I have job security here, since nobody wants to do my job. I don't even know what it looks like to look for work anymore. Been here almost 15 years.
Thread fail. I worked for a company once, the employees were so ashamed about where we worked, when anyone asked where I worked and what I did, I'd tell them that I was a piano player at a whorehouse.
What’s wrong with playing piano in a whorehouse? Yer tickling the ivories Is not .... um ... tickling other things.
DL Jake

We can do it right now if you want. - hugodrax

User avatar
CodeMonkey
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud
Posts: 6453
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Dark side of the moon

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by CodeMonkey » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:40 pm
Adam Z wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm
I despise the company I work for. I want to go to work elsewhere, but I'm scared to. I have job security here, since nobody wants to do my job. I don't even know what it looks like to look for work anymore. Been here almost 15 years.
Thread fail. I worked for a company once, the employees were so ashamed about where we worked, when anyone asked where I worked and what I did, I'd tell them that I was a piano player at a whorehouse.
In Oklahoma during the oil boom of the early 80's I often saw a bumper sticker with 'Don't tell my mother I work in the oil patch, she thinks I'm a piano player in a whore house'.
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12044
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:23 am

CodeMonkey wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:40 pm
Adam Z wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm
I despise the company I work for. I want to go to work elsewhere, but I'm scared to. I have job security here, since nobody wants to do my job. I don't even know what it looks like to look for work anymore. Been here almost 15 years.
Thread fail. I worked for a company once, the employees were so ashamed about where we worked, when anyone asked where I worked and what I did, I'd tell them that I was a piano player at a whorehouse.
In Oklahoma during the oil boom of the early 80's I often saw a bumper sticker with 'Don't tell my mother I work in the oil patch, she thinks I'm a piano player in a whore house'.
Ha! Yes, it's an old petroleum industry joke I guess.

But I still feel for Adam and Fainn and anyone else who doesn't care for their job or employer. Prayers that they'll be able to move on if they need to, or be able to shine where they are if need be.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik
Posts: 23766
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:00 pm

I saw AKPreacher's name on the board and somehow thought of Preacherman. Preacherman was (still is, I hope) a baptist who tweaked the admins and mods one too many times and got booted the heck out of here. He was a good enough guy I think, just couldn't abide any brand of Christianity to the left of his.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Red129er
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Red129er » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:07 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:00 pm
I saw AKPreacher's name on the board and somehow thought of Preacherman. Preacherman was (still is, I hope) a baptist who tweaked the admins and mods one too many times and got booted the heck out of here. He was a good enough guy I think, just couldn't abide any brand of Christianity to the left of his.
I think I remember him from my days here as jo numbers. I think I'll browse the forum search function to see the juicy deets. :lol:

User avatar
Red129er
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Red129er » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:13 pm

Red129er wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:07 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:00 pm
I saw AKPreacher's name on the board and somehow thought of Preacherman. Preacherman was (still is, I hope) a baptist who tweaked the admins and mods one too many times and got booted the heck out of here. He was a good enough guy I think, just couldn't abide any brand of Christianity to the left of his.
I think I remember him from my days here as jo numbers. I think I'll browse the forum search function to see the juicy deets. :lol:
Upon further reflection, not who I thought. Well before my time here.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6070
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:43 pm

My grandparents used to ride motorcycles with another couple. Decades later, I ended up in the same graduate program and classes as their grandaughter.
All people are worth praying for - Hugodrax.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology
Posts: 21853
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:12 pm

Thar be baseball tonight, boys.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12044
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:28 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:00 pm
I saw AKPreacher's name on the board and somehow thought of Preacherman. Preacherman was (still is, I hope) a baptist who tweaked the admins and mods one too many times and got booted the heck out of here. He was a good enough guy I think, just couldn't abide any brand of Christianity to the left of his.
"tweaked" is putting it very mildly, if I remember correctly. I liked him, but he took this forum way too seriously, and got a little sore. I did that once myself a few years ago, but I didn't tweak anyone.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
JimVH
JimExotic
JimExotic
Posts: 25498
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:02 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:12 pm
Thar be baseball tonight, boys.
And it’s painful.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology
Posts: 21853
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:21 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:02 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:12 pm
Thar be baseball tonight, boys.
And it’s painful.
Eh. We'll all wake up unchanged in the morning, sir.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
CodeMonkey
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud
Posts: 6453
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Dark side of the moon

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by CodeMonkey » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:29 am

I received a request from the Missouri GOP. I told them I would rather have my private parts crushed in a vice than agree to their request.
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

User avatar
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle
Posts: 2315
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Jester » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:52 am

CodeMonkey wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:29 am
I received a request from the Missouri GOP. I told them I would rather have my private parts crushed in a vice than agree to their request.
What did they request?
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"It's funny how Big-Pharma was so evil until now." -Norm MacDonald

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology
Posts: 21853
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:02 am

Jester wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:52 am
CodeMonkey wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:29 am
I received a request from the Missouri GOP. I told them I would rather have my private parts crushed in a vice than agree to their request.
What did they request?
Obviously not to have his private parts crushed in a vice. He's amenable to that.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords
Posts: 2615
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:34 am

Hovannes wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:39 pm
The next time I have to give a name to get a table at a restaurant, it's got to be Pierre Delecto :rotfl:
It's past time you retired the Carlos Danger name.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 27366
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:53 am

Adam Z wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm
I despise the company I work for. I want to go to work elsewhere, but I'm scared to. I have job security here, since nobody wants to do my job. I don't even know what it looks like to look for work anymore. Been here almost 15 years.
Did their check not clear?
"Praise be to Mary, her child and all those with them in Paradise."---Paulus Kal

User avatar
FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik
Posts: 23766
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:57 am

Adam Z wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm
I despise the company I work for. I want to go to work elsewhere, but I'm scared to. I have job security here, since nobody wants to do my job. I don't even know what it looks like to look for work anymore. Been here almost 15 years.
Be bold.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
JimVH
JimExotic
JimExotic
Posts: 25498
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:21 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:02 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:12 pm
Thar be baseball tonight, boys.
And it’s painful.
Eh. We'll all wake up unchanged in the morning, sir.
Yes, I know.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik
Posts: 23766
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:08 pm

I just joined a FB group centered on my home river. It threw up a list of members with whom I have things in common and one of the dudes is friends with JRuegg.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister of Brisket
Minister of Brisket
Posts: 4650
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:15 pm

Brisket, jalapeno sausage link, jalapeno slices, onions, and pickles for lunch.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Y'all crazy

Post Reply