Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Roadmaster
CPS's Affirmative Action Moderator
CPS's Affirmative Action Moderator
Posts: 13810
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Roadmaster » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:21 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 am
Mrs. Pipe and I are meeting a handful of my zaniest students in town for brunch in a few minutes.
Not that you care.
Actually I do care maybe you'll tell us how it went.
My work here is so secret even I don't know what I'm doing

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister of Brisket
Minister of Brisket
Posts: 4344
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:18 pm

Kerdy wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:21 am
Sometimes I miss my pipes. :cry:
I feel you brother.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Y'all crazy

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:21 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 am
Mrs. Pipe and I are meeting a handful of my zaniest students in town for brunch in a few minutes.
Not that you care.
Actually I do care maybe you'll tell us how it went.
It was great!
I talk about my wife in class all of the time - they were thrilled to meet her.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Roadmaster
CPS's Affirmative Action Moderator
CPS's Affirmative Action Moderator
Posts: 13810
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Roadmaster » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:41 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:13 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:21 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 am
Mrs. Pipe and I are meeting a handful of my zaniest students in town for brunch in a few minutes.
Not that you care.
Actually I do care maybe you'll tell us how it went.
It was great!
I talk about my wife in class all of the time - they were thrilled to meet her.
You talk about your wife just like lieutenant columbo.
My work here is so secret even I don't know what I'm doing

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:41 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:13 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:21 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 am
Mrs. Pipe and I are meeting a handful of my zaniest students in town for brunch in a few minutes.
Not that you care.
Actually I do care maybe you'll tell us how it went.
It was great!
I talk about my wife in class all of the time - they were thrilled to meet her.
You talk about your wife just like lieutenant columbo.
:D
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 26342
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:24 pm

My son packed the Yaris to the gills this morning, left for Lake Tahoe and a new job at Heavenly Valley.
He arrived safely.
I miss the lad already.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 5197
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Just saw the brightest shooting star I have ever seen. I wished for a better paying job.
Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

User avatar
Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie
Posts: 17044
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Kerdy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:20 pm

Fainn wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:22 pm
Just saw the brightest shooting star I have ever seen. I wished for a better paying job.
If your luck is anything like mine, it will absolutely come true...for someone else.
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 5197
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:55 pm

Kerdy wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:20 pm
Fainn wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:22 pm
Just saw the brightest shooting star I have ever seen. I wished for a better paying job.
If your luck is anything like mine, it will absolutely come true...for someone else.
Sadly, yes.
Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24387
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:27 pm

So, my grandson (Hockeyboy) just came by the house to show me his fancy new paintball gun. My back yard now looks like an orange bomb went off.

In other news, Rita is not amused.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister of Brisket
Minister of Brisket
Posts: 4344
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:09 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:27 pm
So, my grandson (Hockeyboy) just came by the house to show me his fancy new paintball gun. My back yard now looks like an orange bomb went off.

In other news, Rita is not amused.
The important question is did you and your grandson have fun?
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Y'all crazy

User avatar
7formy1911
Colt = PERFECTION
Colt = PERFECTION
Posts: 5148
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by 7formy1911 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:33 pm

I once finished 23rd in the state of NM in my first IPSC competition.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis De Tocqueville

"Speed is fine. Accuracy is final."

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24387
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:04 pm

GaryInVA wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:09 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:27 pm
So, my grandson (Hockeyboy) just came by the house to show me his fancy new paintball gun. My back yard now looks like an orange bomb went off.

In other news, Rita is not amused.
The important question is did you and your grandson have fun?
If we're together, fun is had.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 29378
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Kerdy wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:20 pm
Fainn wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:22 pm
Just saw the brightest shooting star I have ever seen. I wished for a better paying job.
If your luck is anything like mine, it will absolutely come true...for someone else.
If I cared I might say something like, it's good to see Kerdy posting more often. Miss that ol' smootchie.
DL Jake

how is your scrotum? - Roadmaster

User avatar
gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Posts: 16820
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by gaining_age » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:30 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:27 pm
So, my grandson (Hockeyboy) just came by the house to show me his fancy new paintball gun. My back yard now looks like an orange bomb went off.

In other news, Rita is not amused.
Did the pups get squeezed?
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24387
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:32 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:30 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:27 pm
So, my grandson (Hockeyboy) just came by the house to show me his fancy new paintball gun. My back yard now looks like an orange bomb went off.

In other news, Rita is not amused.
Did the pups get squeezed?
:D
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19997
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:49 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:32 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:30 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:27 pm
So, my grandson (Hockeyboy) just came by the house to show me his fancy new paintball gun. My back yard now looks like an orange bomb went off.

In other news, Rita is not amused.
Did the pups get squeezed?
:D
This is glorious grandfathering!
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Posts: 22940
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:06 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:37 pm
Fainn wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:59 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:01 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:50 pm
I hate car dealerships.
Ten days later and still hating dealerships and trying to replace my beloved 2004 Forester. Cars are freaking expensive these days.
No joke. I had a forester that I loved.
But now Subaru has gone to CVT on everything and finding a decent used model without it is next to impossible.
Why don't you like CVTs?

I understand the prices on used ones. I recently bought a new '19 Crosstrek for just a little more that what 2-3 year old used ones are going for. I like it. I'm considering selling the Wrangler and getting a high mileage used Outback. Lift it a couple inches and add some larger tires and it'll go most places I care to go for a lot less money than the Jeep.

(Please don't tell Thunktank.)
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:48 am

FredS wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:06 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:37 pm
Fainn wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:59 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:01 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:50 pm
I hate car dealerships.
Ten days later and still hating dealerships and trying to replace my beloved 2004 Forester. Cars are freaking expensive these days.
No joke. I had a forester that I loved.
But now Subaru has gone to CVT on everything and finding a decent used model without it is next to impossible.
Why don't you like CVTs?

I understand the prices on used ones. I recently bought a new '19 Crosstrek for just a little more that what 2-3 year old used ones are going for. I like it. I'm considering selling the Wrangler and getting a high mileage used Outback. Lift it a couple inches and add some larger tires and it'll go most places I care to go for a lot less money than the Jeep.

(Please don't tell Thunktank.)
We’ve got a Jeep (mine) and a Forester (my wife’s) ...
It’s more about fitting into the car than vehicle capability - my wife is 5’1”, I’m 6’0”.

But I have to say, off of the pavement I’m a lot less concerned about the vehicle getting me home in the Jeep. But then, we never did lift the 2 Foresters or the DL wagons before them.

My wife has had Subaru’s since I met her, 34 years ago.
I’ve had Jeeps even longer with a Dodge Durango thrown in sometime in the middle.

We can get both at the same dealership, from the same sales rep - who has always done right for us.

And we discovered the same thing about used Subaru’s. Unless you’re buying one with a lot of years and a lot of miles, a new one is not much more. We’re thinking about a ‘20 for Mrs. DP while her ‘17 still has a lot of trade-in value - but the dealer here is having trouble getting them in. Currently, they have 4 and they all lack the most important thing (according to my wife): the right color. We may end up special ordering one.

Image

:pipe3:
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2429
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by rgcurrey » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:24 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:06 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:37 pm
Fainn wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:59 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:01 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:50 pm
I hate car dealerships.
Ten days later and still hating dealerships and trying to replace my beloved 2004 Forester. Cars are freaking expensive these days.
No joke. I had a forester that I loved.
But now Subaru has gone to CVT on everything and finding a decent used model without it is next to impossible.
Why don't you like CVTs?

I understand the prices on used ones. I recently bought a new '19 Crosstrek for just a little more that what 2-3 year old used ones are going for. I like it. I'm considering selling the Wrangler and getting a high mileage used Outback. Lift it a couple inches and add some larger tires and it'll go most places I care to go for a lot less money than the Jeep.

(Please don't tell Thunktank.)
Just to many reports of CVT failure around 100k miles and then it is 6-8k to replace it. I am looking used due to budget and love the simplicity of my 2004 forester base model (stick). So Subarus in my price range have between 60-70K miles on them . . .
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

Post Reply