Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:34 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:51 pm
FredS wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:28 pm
One of my son-in-laws is a supervisor in a factory that makes seats for lawn mowers and tractors. They're listed as an essential part of the agricultural industry so they are running. The SIL got a text from a deadbeat worker that he has Covid 19 and that he visited the doctor but the doctor did nothing but tell him to stay home. He's sure the guy is lying, but you must take these things seriously now. Like kids calling in bomb threats to their school. He has to tell the other line workers even though he's sure the guy is faking it. Crazy times.
If I suspect a student is faking it, I ask for a note from the doctor.
Given the potential seriousness of the ramifications, it might not be inappropriate for your son to ask for something like that.

But then, there are all of the medical privacy laws.

Maybe JimVH, our resident HR authority, can chime in.
Yeah, it seems sticky. He asked for a docs note and the guy said he didn't get one. He told him to call the doc and just get a note that he had a consultation. I've not heard any more. I suppose you'd be in a heap of trouble for firing someone over a suspected case of the virus. After all, we're supposed to self isolate if we think we're sick. I think he has to just let it play out and fire the deadbeat over the first infraction if/when he gets better and returns to work. I'd sure make it hard for the guy to return, and require a certified clean bill of health before letting him back. He's the one who opened that "I'm sick and I'm contagious" door in the first place. The burden is entirely on the employee now.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:22 pm

I spent the day learning the E major scale since its the key I normally sing in. Also spent some time looking at guitar straps.
All people are worth praying for - Hugodrax.

mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing

Post by mont974x4 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm

Due to being laid off for the virus, I was able to get two month deferments on my truck loan and my student loans. The student loans were easy. The truck loan took 7 hours of phone tag and being on hold.

Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

AnungUnRama
Elder
Elder

Post by AnungUnRama » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:24 am

Fainn wrote:I spent the day learning the E major scale since its the key I normally sing in. Also spent some time looking at guitar straps.
Check out Segovia's scale book. It is basically patterns. You just find the note where you want to start and play the appropriate pattern. Now the trick is to find out what notes work with what chords in what order. That gets a little more complicated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:51 am

AnungUnRama wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:24 am
Fainn wrote:I spent the day learning the E major scale since its the key I normally sing in. Also spent some time looking at guitar straps.
Check out Segovia's scale book. It is basically patterns. You just find the note where you want to start and play the appropriate pattern. Now the trick is to find out what notes work with what chords in what order. That gets a little more complicated.

I had the patterns already, but it was weird because there are some open notes in the first position. Then I'd get tired and would accidentally play another scale by the time I was in the 4th position.
All people are worth praying for - Hugodrax.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:36 am

Fainn wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:51 am
AnungUnRama wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:24 am

I had the patterns already, but it was weird because there are some open notes in the first position. Then I'd get tired and would accidentally play another scale by the time I was in the 4th position.
With all of this time together, maybe we should try some new positions, too.
But at our age someone might get hurt.

With the current travel restrictions, are we going to get in trouble for going to Nairobi?

:pipe3:
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

GaryInVA
Minister of Brisket
Minister of Brisket

Post by GaryInVA » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:38 am

I just went out for a 3 mile push on one of my skateboards. It was fun. Clackity, clackity, clack.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Y'all crazy