Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more
Posts: 23415
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: 471 Km from the London Bridge

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Thunktank » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:25 pm

joegoat wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:09 pm
Thunktank wrote:I just watched Bob and Doug return to earth in the Dragon.
They've been fiddling with that hatch for awhile. Did they forget the key?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
I don’t know. But it looks to me like they’re trying to open the helmet of a giant storm trooper.

Image
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

No complaining + gratefulness= happiness

User avatar
durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy
Posts: 8719
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:12 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:25 pm
joegoat wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:09 pm
Thunktank wrote:I just watched Bob and Doug return to earth in the Dragon.
They've been fiddling with that hatch for awhile. Did they forget the key?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
I don’t know. But it looks to me like they’re trying to open the helmet of a giant storm trooper.

Image
They sent someone to look in the couch cushions.
All okay now.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
vwdeano
Filled with Guilt and Shame over My Cherry Aro Addiction
Filled with Guilt and Shame over My Cherry Aro Addiction
Posts: 794
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:08 am
Location: Prospect, KY

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by vwdeano » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 pm

Went out for a nice ride this afternoon. Some schmoe flipped the kill switch on my motorcycle. Who does that?
Dean
"A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself"

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30798
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:15 pm

Battery Died in Da Truck. Saturday about 4pm EDT I discovered it. At home so no heading out. Pulled out info I figured I'd need and attempted to contact my insurance road side assistance. An hour of website, phone-call, and 'phone" app download later I was able to speak to a human being. We can have a guy there in the next hour but it's out of network so hard cost to you is 150. Well. It's in the garage. I can wait until tomorrow to see. Is that OK? Oh yeah. No problem. 9am give us a call.

humm. not too bad.

Sunday morning 10am I give them a call. Oh yeah, already scheduled. 10:30 to 11:00. Wow. Cool.

Sunday afternoon I call the service provider directly. Oh yeah, we have you right here. <redacted zederated insurance carrier name> roadside assistance payment was rejected. Not coming to a place with no payment.

um. wut?

Yeah this happens all the time.

I have a credit card. How much?

$65.

Ok let's do it.

Dude will be there in 20 minutes.

Need my card number?

Naw. Dude's gotta a card machine in his truck.

45 minutes later I'm headed to get a new battery.

Time to find a new <zederated> insurance carrier.
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Posts: 4806
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:17 pm

vwdeano wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 pm
Went out for a nice ride this afternoon. Some schmoe flipped the kill switch on my motorcycle. Who does that?
When I was a motorcycle mechanic back in the early 80's I rode a Yamaha SR500, great big single cylinder thumper that had an elaborate routine to kickstart. When these bikes got hot it was really hard to start these bikes. I would sometimes go to lunch with another mechanic, both of us on our own bikes. One lunch ride, on a hot August afternoon, we were both sitting on our bikes at a stop light. My friend was watching the cross street stoplight. A second before our light turned green, my friend reached over, flipped my kill switch, and rode off laughing. I was sitting there in 100 degree weather with a bunch of cars behind me. I tried to start the bike but ended up pushing it onto the median.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23165
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:46 pm

I picked shishito, green peppers, leeks, and tomatoes.

I think an Unholy Ratatouille is in order.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 31518
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by coco » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:11 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:46 pm
I picked shishito, green peppers, leeks, and tomatoes.

I think an Unholy Ratatouille is in order.
I'd eat it.
"Did I go wrong by buying a High Output Cummins 6.7L diesel Ram Laramie?" - Goose

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6772
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:12 pm

I never thought I'd be one of of those dads constantly adjusting the thermostat. But here I am, living with the two coldest people on the planet.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23165
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:23 pm

Fainn wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:12 pm
I never thought I'd be one of of those dads constantly adjusting the thermostat. But here I am, living with the two coldest people on the planet.
Welcome to full-scale Daddery, sir. I installed a locking plexiglass cover on ours. The key is on my ring.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6772
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:04 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:23 pm
Fainn wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:12 pm
I never thought I'd be one of of those dads constantly adjusting the thermostat. But here I am, living with the two coldest people on the planet.
Welcome to full-scale Daddery, sir. I installed a locking plexiglass cover on ours. The key is on my ring.
To be fair, we only had a ceiling fan and fireplace growing up.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
joegoat
Minstrel of Midnight Serenades
Minstrel of Midnight Serenades
Posts: 2933
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Southwest Ohio

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by joegoat » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:06 pm

vwdeano wrote:Went out for a nice ride this afternoon. Some schmoe flipped the kill switch on my motorcycle. Who does that?
There is no panick quite like running a battery dead trying to restart a bike after you unknowingly flip the kill switch.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

User avatar
gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Posts: 18137
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by gaining_age » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:46 pm

joegoat wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:06 pm
vwdeano wrote:Went out for a nice ride this afternoon. Some schmoe flipped the kill switch on my motorcycle. Who does that?
There is no panick quite like running a battery dead trying to restart a bike after you unknowingly flip the kill switch.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
Image
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay
Posts: 1137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 am
Location: The armpit of the midwest

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by AnungUnRama » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:47 am

Thunktank wrote:I just watched Bob and Doug return to earth in the Dragon.
Bob and Doug? Bob and Doug McKenzie? Hosers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6772
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 am

I won an award for the most humble person.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23165
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:29 am

Fainn wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 am
I won an award for the most humble person.
You want to really earn it?

Give it back.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30798
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:10 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:29 am
Fainn wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 am
I won an award for the most humble person.
You want to really earn it?

Give it back.
Image
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

User avatar
mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing
Posts: 9527
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by mont974x4 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 pm

Still no housing. Staying in a motel. Bunch of scams in the housing market here.


Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy
Posts: 8719
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:33 am

My closest hunting buddy is a member of Rocky Mountain Roosters in the Colorado prairie east of Colorado Springs. He’s booked two days of pheasant hunting for us in October.

Three of us are planning to go.

I don’t have a dog ready to hunt. Iggy seems to have great blood - great nose and pointed staunchly without training, but he arrived quite gun shy and although we’ve made progress, I haven’t been able to remedy that sufficiently to take him hunting - especially with a group of guns. So, we’ll have a guide with a dog - which will be weird for me.

We won’t be hunting a friend’s lease or farm - which will also seem a bit odd. But my buddy has hunted there a lot and he says it’s very well run, has great terrain and their birds fly well. Hard to tell from wild birds (he says). Apparently, they release their pen-raised birds into cover by allowing them to fly in, not by spinning and placing, so they are not disoriented, and they’ve adapted to natural cover by the time you hunt them.

We’ll see.

But I haven’t hunted anything for several years, this place is reasonably close by, and hopefully I’ll be up to it. I’ve been shooting well without any problems after a long lay off. To say I’m jazzed would be an understatement!

WhooHoo!
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12498
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:54 am

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:33 am
My closest hunting buddy is a member of Rocky Mountain Roosters in the Colorado prairie east of Colorado Springs. He’s booked two days of pheasant hunting for us in October.

Three of us are planning to go.

I don’t have a dog ready to hunt. Iggy seems to have great blood - great nose and pointed staunchly without training, but he arrived quite gun shy and although we’ve made progress, I haven’t been able to remedy that sufficiently to take him hunting - especially with a group of guns. So, we’ll have a guide with a dog - which will be weird for me.

We won’t be hunting a friend’s lease or farm - which will also seem a bit odd. But my buddy has hunted there a lot and he says it’s very well run, has great terrain and their birds fly well. Hard to tell from wild birds (he says). Apparently, they release their pen-raised birds into cover by allowing them to fly in, not by spinning and placing, so they are not disoriented, and they’ve adapted to natural cover by the time you hunt them.

We’ll see.

But I haven’t hunted anything for several years, this place is reasonably close by, and hopefully I’ll be up to it. I’ve been shooting well without any problems after a long lay off. To say I’m jazzed would be an understatement!

WhooHoo!
Man this is one great big huge thread fail. And great news. You'll be taking which gun?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28040
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:02 pm

Today I'm going to a dollar store to buy a new roll of dental floss.
DEUS VULT!

Post Reply