Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by gaining_age » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:15 am

FredS wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:05 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:03 am
FredS wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:51 pm
I had an aunt named Beulah. She was the sister of my dad's mother and she lived at the lake with her husband Arthur. They had a polar bear skin rug made from a bear their son shot in Alaska, backed by thick green felt that had been cut with pinking shears so it had a jagged perimeter about an inch wider than the bear hide. The boy was killed trying to beat a train in his Chevy so I never knew him. I remember the rug though.
If Beulah's hair was red, the dad's mother's hair was not brown, and the bear was not the color of the felt backing, then what color was the Chevy?
The trains will meet at 3:18pm.
And the bird will be tired.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:25 pm

I was just scrolling through the music on my phone and found I have The Sky is Crying by five different artists.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:03 pm

Fainn wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:03 pm
I'm almost 40 and still have no idea what I'm supposed to do with my life.
It doesn't get any better.

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:58 am

gaining_age wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:18 am
Gopher!!

I'd love to wage this kind of war on 'em in our corral. BUT my great GopherHawk trap caught the one in our front yard. I felt like giving that old Tarsan Yell! :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:04 am

FredS wrote:
I had an aunt named Beulah. She was the sister of my dad's mother and she lived at the lake with her husband Arthur. They had a polar bear skin rug made from a bear their son shot in Alaska, backed by thick green felt that had been cut with pinking shears so it had a jagged perimeter about an inch wider than the bear hide. The boy was killed trying to beat a train in his Chevy so I never knew him. I remember the rug though.
That's terrible! The foolishness of youth! But I'll keep quiet about my foolishness.....but the "youth" part would have to be expanded to about age 31. A local paper photographer happened to catch my shinnanigans on film and pasted it on the front page of the paper! Not good McDuff! :(
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Walmart Cargo Short Model

Post by Cleon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:26 pm

We got a package of mostly clean mushrooms. I am glad.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:43 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:04 am
FredS wrote:

That's terrible! The foolishness of youth! But I'll keep quiet about my foolishness.....but the "youth" part would have to be expanded to about age 31. A local paper photographer happened to catch my shinnanigans on film and pasted it on the front page of the paper! Not good McDuff! :(
I never pictured you as a streaker
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:43 pm

The big local rivalry high School football game was tonight, the 97th edition of the game, but attendance was limited due to covid, so I had to listen to the game on radio. Usually the attendance at this game is ~30,000, standing room only. Port Neches - Groves (PNG) vs Nederland. Nederland was ahead 21-16, 4th qtr, PNG's ball, 4th down and goal, 7 secs remaining. A short pass to the tight end for a TD, PNG goes ahead 22-21 with 2 secs remaining in the game. A flag is thrown for unsportsmanlike behavior, celebrating. PNG lines up for a 2-point conversion but the QB takes a knee.
The penalty is assessed on the kickoff, so PNG kicks off from their own 25 yard line. A fair catch is made on the kickoff, so 2 secs remain on the clock. The Nederland QB takes the snap and takes off running, ready to lateral, but no one to lateral to, everyone is covered, so he just keeps running, until he was finally tackled at ~ the 25 yl, game over, and PNG wins 22-21. Same 'ol same 'ol for this game. Wow!
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:48 pm

I wish I could look at God the way Solomon looks at me.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by Thunktank » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:48 pm

Fainn wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:48 pm
I wish I could look at God the way Solomon looks at me.
In about 12 years you’ll probably get your wish!
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

No complaining + gratefulness= happiness

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:02 am

Fainn wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:43 pm
Tatanka wrote:
FredS wrote:

Not sure if the "streaker" part was aimed at me....if it was: It would have to be me streaking in a 1965 Ford Fairlane sliding on snow in a park - headed toward the river - after I pressed on the gas in a joke, and my passenger said, "You ain't got the guts!" So I kept the accelerator petal down, UNTIL...I stepped on the brake pedal - - TOO LATE....and we slid over the edge of the river-bank to put the front quarter of the Ford in the River, and we had to climb out through the front windows, climb back over the top of the Fairlane to land. People came, Police came, Photographer of the Newspaper came....and finally a tow-truck!
Soli Deo Gloria!

FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool

Post by FredS » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:05 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:02 am
Fainn wrote:
Tatanka wrote:
FredS wrote:

Not sure if the "streaker" part was aimed at me....if it was: It would have to be me streaking in a 1965 Ford Fairlane sliding on snow in a park - headed toward the river - after I pressed on the gas in a joke, and my passenger said, "You ain't got the guts!" So I kept the accelerator petal down, UNTIL...I stepped on the brake pedal - - TOO LATE....and we slid over the edge of the river-bank to put the front quarter of the Ford in the River, and we had to climb out through the front windows, climb back over the top of the Fairlane to land. People came, Police came, Photographer of the Newspaper came....and finally a tow-truck!
"Bad choices make good stories."
That's a line that's part of our family lore and it's usually accompanied by a story about me or my second daughter.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:19 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Fainn wrote:
Tatanka wrote:
FredS wrote:

I bet they told the tow truck guy to wait till they got the picture for the morning edition.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:41 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:25 pm
I was just scrolling through the music on my phone and found I have The Sky is Crying by five different artists.
I'd say, so few? If, ya know, if I cared.
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:10 pm

If you don’t like this we can’t be friends.

https://people.com/pets/florida-dog-nam ... oAV6CoANec
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:58 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:10 pm

we remain friends.
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:06 am

AnungUnRama wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:19 pm
Tatanka wrote:
Fainn wrote:
Tatanka wrote:
FredS wrote:

When I saw the photographer I quickly jumped into the tow-truck, hoping the photographer would not seek the name of the fool who raced his car into the river!

I bet they told the tow truck guy to wait till they got the picture for the morning edition.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Soli Deo Gloria!

GaryInVA
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies

Post by GaryInVA » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:33 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:58 pm
JimVH wrote:

we remain friends.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:41 am

GaryInVA wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:33 am
DepartedLight wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:58 pm
JimVH wrote:

we remain friends.
You crazy "wing-bats!" you make me leave my study to walk down the hall to the living-room where my coffee and Bible wait for me to enjoy more quiet morning time in this darkness, ... with a smile on my face. You all be funny crazy-ones! :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:46 am

And I know, about those crazy ones.......it takes one to know one! :) :) :) Just ask me wife!

Oh GOD bless you all ! And THAT comes from those warm "cockles of me heart" - down there somewhere! :*)
Soli Deo Gloria!