Latest Bacon

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by JudgeRusty » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:34 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:25 pm
I just cooked up seven slices in a big pot. When it was done I poured most of the grease into my bacon grease treasure jar and threw a chopped up head of cabbage into the pot with the rest of the bacon grease. Stirred and cooked it down for five or so minutes and then put two cans of corned beef in there and simmered for 25 minutes. It was delicious along with the bacon I had cooked. Low carb too. Plenty left over for a few more meals too.
Similar recipe to our corned beef and cabbage. Dandy meal to have in regular rotation along with cornbread of course.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:12 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:34 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
I just cooked up seven slices in a big pot. When it was done I poured most of the grease into my bacon grease treasure jar and threw a chopped up head of cabbage into the pot with the rest of the bacon grease. Stirred and cooked it down for five or so minutes and then put two cans of corned beef in there and simmered for 25 minutes. It was delicious along with the bacon I had cooked. Low carb too. Plenty left over for a few more meals too.
Similar recipe to our corned beef and cabbage. Dandy meal to have in regular rotation along with cornbread of course.
Man I love pan fried cornbread.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:51 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:12 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:34 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
Man I love pan fried cornbread.
This should probably go in the confessions thread, but most of our cornbread lately has been in the form of waffles.

It makes my wife happy.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:04 am

My latest Bacon will be in 6...5...4...3...2... :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:
DEUS VULT!