Latest Bacon

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26639
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by JimVH » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:21 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:59 am
Today was our annual BaconFest Christmas Breakfast and Ornament ExchangeTM at the office. Here's all the bacon-related offerings:

Bacon-bourbon meatballs
Bacon deviled eggs
Glazed bacon waffles
Bacon pancakes
Candied bacon skewers
Chocolate bacon skewers
Hashbrown casserole with bacon
Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
Bacon-sausage balls
Bacon kolaches
Bacon s'mores
Bacon corn muffins
Puff pastry wrapped baked brie with bacon and maple syrup
Puff pastry wrapped baked brie with bacon and Tabasco jelly
Plain ol' bacon

Of course there were a couple of sad, unhappy bacon-repressed people who brought healthy food, but I'm not going to waste the internet recording that.

A good time was had by all.

BaconFest 2017 is tomorrow.

:bacon: :bacon: Yay me :bacon: :bacon:
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Posts: 4894
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by GaryInVA » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:51 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:21 pm
JimVH wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:59 am
Today was our annual BaconFest Christmas Breakfast and Ornament ExchangeTM at the office. Here's all the bacon-related offerings:

Bacon-bourbon meatballs
Bacon deviled eggs
Glazed bacon waffles
Bacon pancakes
Candied bacon skewers
Chocolate bacon skewers
Hashbrown casserole with bacon
Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
Bacon-sausage balls
Bacon kolaches
Bacon s'mores
Bacon corn muffins
Puff pastry wrapped baked brie with bacon and maple syrup
Puff pastry wrapped baked brie with bacon and Tabasco jelly
Plain ol' bacon

Of course there were a couple of sad, unhappy bacon-repressed people who brought healthy food, but I'm not going to waste the internet recording that.

A good time was had by all.

BaconFest 2017 is tomorrow.

:bacon: :bacon: Yay me :bacon: :bacon:
What time? If I leave in 10 minutes I might be able to drive fast enough to get there in time.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8881
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:25 pm

Kirkland thick cut...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26639
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by JimVH » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 pm

I just made bacon jam.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10926
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Bacon Jam! YUM
I had to take the car into the service shop early this morning so I stopped into the Duffy Roll Café for coffee. They had a Bacon savory roll breakfast thing...Well I got 2 :bacon:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26639
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by JimVH » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 am

BaconFest 2017 is in the books. I am nearly comatose, so forgive me if I slur. This year's offerings:
  • Bacon beercheese explosion (beerchese full of chopped bacon, stuffed into a ball of sausage, wrapped in more bacon, smoked, and drizzled with more beercheese)
  • Bacon Rice Crispy treats
  • Captain Crunch fried chicken wrapped in bacon
  • Savory bacon whoopie pies
  • Bacon
  • Elvis Bombs (small peanut butter and banana sandwiches, wrapped in bacon, fried in butter, and served with a honey drizzle). These were a special kind of good. Like hurt yourself good.
  • Bacon jam (a yuge success if I do say so myself)
  • Bacon kolaches
  • Applewood smoked bacon wrapped fried mozerella
  • Bacon chocolate chip cookies
  • Bacon cheddar tater tot casserole
  • Bacon croissant pinwheel casserole wreath
  • Bacon jalapeno cream cheese bites in filo dough

There were a couple of well-intentioned millennial types that brought fruit and stuff, too. It was a sweet gesture plus it gave me someone new to pray for.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 37311
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by UncleBob » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:02 pm

Mmmm...

:bacon:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10926
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 am
BaconFest 2017 is in the books. I am nearly comatose, so forgive me if I slur. This year's offerings:
  • Bacon beercheese explosion (beerchese full of chopped bacon, stuffed into a ball of sausage, wrapped in more bacon, smoked, and drizzled with more beercheese)
  • Bacon Rice Crispy treats
  • Captain Crunch fried chicken wrapped in bacon
  • Savory bacon whoopie pies
  • Bacon
  • Elvis Bombs (small peanut butter and banana sandwiches, wrapped in bacon, fried in butter, and served with a honey drizzle). These were a special kind of good. Like hurt yourself good.
  • Bacon jam (a yuge success if I do say so myself)
  • Bacon kolaches
  • Applewood smoked bacon wrapped fried mozerella
  • Bacon chocolate chip cookies
  • Bacon cheddar tater tot casserole
  • Bacon croissant pinwheel casserole wreath
  • Bacon jalapeno cream cheese bites in filo dough

There were a couple of well-intentioned millennial types that brought fruit and stuff, too. It was a sweet gesture plus it gave me someone new to pray for.
Last year I sent a resume and application to come work there so I could participate in the Bacon Extravaganza...I never heard anything in response...do you know anyone in HR that I can speak to? :lol:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26639
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by JimVH » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm
JimVH wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 am
BaconFest 2017 is in the books. I am nearly comatose, so forgive me if I slur. This year's offerings:
  • Bacon beercheese explosion (beerchese full of chopped bacon, stuffed into a ball of sausage, wrapped in more bacon, smoked, and drizzled with more beercheese)
  • Bacon Rice Crispy treats
  • Captain Crunch fried chicken wrapped in bacon
  • Savory bacon whoopie pies
  • Bacon
  • Elvis Bombs (small peanut butter and banana sandwiches, wrapped in bacon, fried in butter, and served with a honey drizzle). These were a special kind of good. Like hurt yourself good.
  • Bacon jam (a yuge success if I do say so myself)
  • Bacon kolaches
  • Applewood smoked bacon wrapped fried mozerella
  • Bacon chocolate chip cookies
  • Bacon cheddar tater tot casserole
  • Bacon croissant pinwheel casserole wreath
  • Bacon jalapeno cream cheese bites in filo dough

There were a couple of well-intentioned millennial types that brought fruit and stuff, too. It was a sweet gesture plus it gave me someone new to pray for.
Last year I sent a resume and application to come work there so I could participate in the Bacon Extravaganza...I never heard anything in response...do you know anyone in HR that I can speak to? :lol:
Yes, but you can't trust him.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 32043
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by coco » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Just got back from Costco. They were handing out free samples of bacon.
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Posts: 6935
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: AL

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by JudgeRusty » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Roanoke has a baconfest in the spring/summer. Best thing I have had there is a maple glazed doughnut with bacon in the glaze from a doughnut truck from Harrisonburg.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28753
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by Hovannes » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Last night at a Christmas party I had bacon wrapped dates browned in maple syrup.
Outstanding!
Truly, they were.
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by Pepik » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Bacon candy made at home.

Bacon. Candy.

Best candy ever.

:bacon:
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy
Posts: 9040
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by durangopipe » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Bacon wrapped grilled shrimp and flank steak with grilled peppers and onion, fresh salsa, beans, rice and quacamole at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants in town, “Tequilas.”

They call this special, Dos Amigos.
It’s my favorite item on the menu.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai
Posts: 6483
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by infidel » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:59 am

There seems to be a glitch in the quality control for Kroger's thick cut bacon. Today I got TWO extra-thick slices rather than the typical zero or the occasional one. Bonus bacon, baby! :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28753
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by Hovannes » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:12 am

Breakfast on Fat Tuesday. Yum-yum! :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:
DEUS VULT!

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 10926
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:53 am

There was a sign this morning on the board next to the door at the office, it reads:

"Look I can't please everybody...I'm not bacon for crying out loud"

:bacon:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31616
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:56 pm

I smoked/grilled boneless chicken thighs wrapped in thick cut bacon. Then slathered on doctored cheapie BBQ sauce while being smoked over Pecan and Apple Wood.

Horseradish in the BBQ sauce. mmm-m.

Pecan wood is too light. Don't get it.
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Posts: 6935
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: AL

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by JudgeRusty » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Piece of candied bacon on a sriacha topped, deep fried deviled eggs appetizer at the Local Goat restaurant in pigeon forge.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 28753
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by Hovannes » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Come Sunday...come Sunday...come Sunday---bacon!
DEUS VULT!

Post Reply