Latest Bacon

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by Hovannes » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 pm

After Mass, lightly toasted cracked wheat sourdough bread wrapped around bacon. Oh sweet blessings! :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:
DEUS VULT!

Eruannu
Usher
Usher

Post by Eruannu » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:51 pm

I made low carb bacon cookies. Coconut, peanut butter, stevia, butter, salt, nutritional yeast, 100% cacao chocolate and of course bacon. Keeps me away from the donuts.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:22 pm

BaconFest '18 is complete. The event was scaled back a bit from previous years. Some people actually thought putting their job duties first would be a good idea which interfered with participation. Priorities, people. Still, we had a fun and creative year. Here are the highlights:

Bacon wrapped meatballs
Bacon stuffed French toast
Bacon hashbrown casserole
Finnish pancake (new to me - a real treat)
Bacon, cream cheese, jalapeno, and egg casserole (oh, momma)
Bacon white fudge
Bacon dough twists with 'everything' bagel seasoning
Bacon pecan pound cake with bacon pecan caramel goolaze
Biscuit and bacon-sausage gravy casserole

As always there were a couple of well-meaning folks who tried to sneak in some health food, but this was not the time or place for such tomfoolery.

I'm now in a light bacon coma. Lipitor and Glucophage are on board doing their job. My attention has returned to weight loss.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:58 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:22 pm
BaconFest '18 is complete. The event was scaled back a bit from previous years. Some people actually thought putting their job duties first would be a good idea which interfered with participation. Priorities, people. Still, we had a fun and creative year. Here are the highlights:

Bacon wrapped meatballs
Bacon stuffed French toast
Bacon hashbrown casserole
Finnish pancake (new to me - a real treat)
Bacon, cream cheese, jalapeno, and egg casserole (oh, momma)
Bacon white fudge
Bacon dough twists with 'everything' bagel seasoning
Bacon pecan pound cake with bacon pecan caramel goolaze
Biscuit and bacon-sausage gravy casserole

As always there were a couple of well-meaning folks who tried to sneak in some health food, but this was not the time or place for such tomfoolery.

I'm now in a light bacon coma. Lipitor and Glucophage are on board doing their job. My attention has returned to weight loss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYqwUF-dCJc
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Due to snow days I have had a lot of bacon over the last week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad

Post by JimVH » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:13 pm

BaconFest '19 is in the books. It was a disappointing turnout this year. We had several out sick or dealing with life's drama, but that certainly didn't keep the rest us from enjoying a bacon glut. Casseroles seemed to be the theme this year. Every form of egg, bacon, cheese, and tater tots you can imagine showed up, each neatly tucked into disposable aluminum pans. There was also a fair selection of toothpick skewered stuff wrapped in bacon.
The perennial favorite, biscuit and bacon gravy casserole, was the first pan empty. This stuff is truly something special. Imagine bacony biscuits and gravy cooked to a consistency of bread pudding. It makes a thud when it hits bottom and you feel like you're carrying a baby for a bit, but oh my it's good. As we've seen in years past, there's always a dogooder or two that bring fruit and vegetable trays, but at least no one tried to bring kale anything this year (although kale chips weren't bad with gravy on them).

There were three real standouts in terms of uniqueness:

Bacon pumpkin pie cake - yes, it was the best of both worlds. A crusty, cakey layer at the botom covered with a fluffy pumpkin custard stuff, topped with a bacon enhanced crumble.

Bacon glazed brownies - thick, dense brownies topped with a dark, sweet, super sticky crumbled bacon glaze.

Bacon Bock beer bread with bacon bourbon pumpkin butter - <tooting my own horn> Shiner Bock beer bread loaded with crumbled bacon, served with pumpkin butter loaded with crumbled bacon and Four Roses bourbon. I was very pleased with how it all turned out.

"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

GaryInVA
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies

Post by GaryInVA » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:18 pm

Dang Jim, now I'm expecting you to have some of that bread with you the next time we meet.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:44 am

DEUS VULT!

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:07 am

JimVH wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:13 pm
BaconFest '19 is in the books. It was a disappointing turnout this year. We had several out sick or dealing with life's drama, but that certainly didn't keep the rest us from enjoying a bacon glut. Casseroles seemed to be the theme this year. Every form of egg, bacon, cheese, and tater tots you can imagine showed up, each neatly tucked into disposable aluminum pans. There was also a fair selection of toothpick skewered stuff wrapped in bacon.
The perennial favorite, biscuit and bacon gravy casserole, was the first pan empty. This stuff is truly something special. Imagine bacony biscuits and gravy cooked to a consistency of bread pudding. It makes a thud when it hits bottom and you feel like you're carrying a baby for a bit, but oh my it's good. As we've seen in years past, there's always a dogooder or two that bring fruit and vegetable trays, but at least no one tried to bring kale anything this year (although kale chips weren't bad with gravy on them).

There were three real standouts in terms of uniqueness:

Bacon pumpkin pie cake - yes, it was the best of both worlds. A crusty, cakey layer at the botom covered with a fluffy pumpkin custard stuff, topped with a bacon enhanced crumble.

Bacon glazed brownies - thick, dense brownies topped with a dark, sweet, super sticky crumbled bacon glaze.

Bacon Bock beer bread with bacon bourbon pumpkin butter - <tooting my own horn> Shiner Bock beer bread loaded with crumbled bacon, served with pumpkin butter loaded with crumbled bacon and Four Roses bourbon. I was very pleased with how it all turned out.

Very nice! The beer bread sort of reminds me of the bread i used to get at the old Wunche Brothers in Old Town. That, and their peach cobbler, which I bet would've gone very well with bacon bits thrown in.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:24 am

Last night. In a fritatta. :bacon:
DEUS VULT!

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:01 am

I've been cooking the thickest bacon I can get my hands on. I cut up the finest blue cheese I can find then mix the two together and smother it with local honey. Breakfast of champions aristocrats.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:38 am

Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:01 am
I've been cooking the thickest bacon I can get my hands on. I cut up the finest blue cheese I can find then mix the two together and smother it with local honey. Breakfast of champions aristocrats.
I want that for my birthday cake.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:25 pm

Went to dinner last night with my daughter and son-in-law and grand daughter and I had the mac & cheese with bacon and jalapenos... :bacon: :cheese: :chili:
Scott ( aka - Thor )

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad

Post by JimVH » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:28 pm

BaconFest '20 is done. The Kung Flu reduced our numbers and offerings this year, but the spirit of feast prevailed. There was a reduction in sugary treats and an increase in casserole-ish dishes. We ate good and had fun in spite of the increased safety practices and distancing.

Here's the highlight reel:

- Cheesy, buttery, bacon grits
- Sausage and egg stuffed croissants wrapped in peppered bacon
- Bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with sausage and cheese
- Bundt breakfast casserole (eggs, biscuits, hash browns, cheese, and lots of bacon)
- Biscuit and gravy casserole
- Bacon banana bread
- Bacon/English toffee cookies (oh, my...)
- Tiny bacon bourbon pecan pie treats

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:55 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:28 pm
BaconFest '20 is done. The Kung Flu reduced our numbers and offerings this year, but the spirit of feast prevailed. There was a reduction in sugary treats and an increase in casserole-ish dishes. We ate good and had fun in spite of the increased safety practices and distancing.

- Bundt breakfast casserole (eggs, biscuits, hash browns, cheese, and lots of bacon)
- Bacon banana bread
You are certainly doing it right! No I must go and find some bacon...any bacon... :bacon:
Scott ( aka - Thor )

GaryInVA

Post by GaryInVA » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:48 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:28 pm

- Bacon banana bread
Dang, Jim...
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:35 pm

Last night at dinner, crumbled over a wedge salad. :bacon:
Delightful! :bacon:
DEUS VULT!

JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements

Post by JudgeRusty » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:47 pm

Hog jowl is not bacon, but pork fat is still tasty.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:25 pm

I just cooked up seven slices in a big pot. When it was done I poured most of the grease into my bacon grease treasure jar and threw a chopped up head of cabbage into the pot with the rest of the bacon grease. Stirred and cooked it down for five or so minutes and then put two cans of corned beef in there and simmered for 25 minutes. It was delicious along with the bacon I had cooked. Low carb too. Plenty left over for a few more meals too.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

TheShepherd
Congregation
Congregation

Post by TheShepherd » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:15 pm