JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Re: On The Bench

Post by JMG » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:51 pm

FredS wrote:
JMG wrote:
FredS wrote:
JMG wrote:That long shank is calling out, "John Michael, I need you." (In a weird ghostly pipe-like voice)
That's the one I'm most *excited about too. It's going to have some awesome birds eye along the bottom wrapping up the face of the bowl, and the stem I have planned is something simple and something new.

*As excited as I can be over what is, at this point, just a chunk of wood.
I will begin to put back my pennies.
Maybe I can trade it for some tribal arrows.
Couldn't bring any back this time, but I could probably scrounge up something cool.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:12 pm

JMG wrote:
FredS wrote:
JMG wrote:
FredS wrote:
JMG wrote:That long shank is calling out, "John Michael, I need you." (In a weird ghostly pipe-like voice)
That's the one I'm most *excited about too. It's going to have some awesome birds eye along the bottom wrapping up the face of the bowl, and the stem I have planned is something simple and something new.

*As excited as I can be over what is, at this point, just a chunk of wood.
I will begin to put back my pennies.
Maybe I can trade it for some tribal arrows.
Couldn't bring any back this time, but I could probably scrounge up something cool.
No you knucklehead! You already gave me the arrows. I wasn't able to keep up my end of the deal before you went back to the jungle the last time. I'll try to get this one done before you leave.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:07 am

Popped over to the pipe makers supply shop last night for a large diameter rod of ebonite. Walked out with $400 worth of briar and rod stock. Somebody needs to take away my internet card.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:23 am

FredS wrote:Popped over to the pipe makers supply shop last night for a large diameter rod of ebonite. Walked out with $400 worth of briar and rod stock. Somebody needs to take away my internet card.
Oh cool, now you can make me that pipe you promised me years and years ago. Nice.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:52 pm

Dublin rocker and a squashed tamater, taking shape.

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Post by TNLawPiper » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:11 pm

FredS wrote:Dublin rocker and a squashed tamater, taking shape.
I do like that mater, yes sir.

JMG

Post by JMG » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:49 pm

Where are these at? For someone who comes and goes to the pipe making game, you got skilz, Fred!

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:17 pm

Thanks for the compliment.
The dublin is rusticated and stained. The mater still needs a lot of work on the stummel but it's looking pretty cool. Both stems are almost finished. I'm s'posed to work on Mrs FredS's car tomorrow (have I ever mentioned that German cars suck?), but she's going to be at an art thing all day so I may blow the car off and make pipes.

JMG

Post by JMG » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:36 pm

FredS wrote: so I may blow the car off and make pipes.
:bacon: :cheese: :taco: :dancingpie: :chili: :dance:

I've got a crapton of pipe work to do when I get back to MS on Monday. Trying to get some finished before our yearly Celtic Fest for The Country Squire's booth.

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:27 pm

Three on the bench. All rusticated with a finish I'm going to call Red Velvet because it reminds me of my favorite cake.

The rocking dublin plateaux in the rear is finished (and it's an awesome little pipe). The middle one needs some polishing and bowl coating. The chunky brandy up front needs the stem bent and re-polished and bowl coating.

All these pipes are for sale. $120 ea to your door.

Eruannu
Usher
Usher

Re: RE: Re: On The Bench

Post by Eruannu » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:45 pm

FredS wrote:Three on the bench. All rusticated with a finish I'm going to call Red Velvet because it reminds me of my favorite cake.

The rocking dublin plateaux in the rear is finished (and it's an awesome little pipe). The middle one needs some polishing and bowl coating. The chunky brandy up front needs the stem bent and re-polished and bowl coating.

They sure are purdy!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:47 pm

FredS wrote:Three on the bench. All rusticated with a finish I'm going to call Red Velvet because it reminds me of my favorite cake.

Seriously beautiful pipes, Fred.
You do incredible work.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Fred can I come hang out sometime please?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

JMG

Post by JMG » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:18 pm

A very naaais.

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Can/Will you do a POY for us?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The Guacamole yoda was life changing " ~ John-Boy

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:25 am

I'm flattered, but no. HELL NO!

Remember Simeon? Remember GiantPanda? Remember Kaydens? Remember SlowToke? Remember N8? Remember the dude from Moonshine? All those guys have been involved in recent POY's, and they all rarely come around any more. All of their pipes are perfectly fine POY's, but the transactions never go the way everyone wants them to. I don't believe that sour feelings over POY's drove those guys away, but it certainly didn't help. I come here for fun and friendship, and I don't want to risk fouling my relationship with CPS. I value this place and these people too much to risk ruining it in exchange for a few hundred dollars. I don't mind (in fact I desire) transactions with individuals, but I know I could never pull off a deal where I make 20-30 people happy at the same time.

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:31 pm

This is why we should always get cobs.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:43 pm

FredS wrote:I don't mind (in fact I desire) transactions with individuals, but I know I could never pull off a deal where I make 20-30 people happy at the same time.
There you go Folks: Proof positive that FredS is virtuous as the driven snow.

Let that be a lesson to you younger folk... Please 'em one at a time.

Wait a minute... That sounds bad too. Hunh.
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:47 pm

FredS wrote:I'm flattered, but no. HELL NO!

Remember Simeon? Remember GiantPanda? Remember Kaydens? Remember SlowToke? Remember N8? Remember the dude from Moonshine? All those guys have been involved in recent POY's, and they all rarely come around any more. All of their pipes are perfectly fine POY's, but the transactions never go the way everyone wants them to. I don't believe that sour feelings over POY's drove those guys away, but it certainly didn't help. I come here for fun and friendship, and I don't want to risk fouling my relationship with CPS. I value this place and these people too much to risk ruining it in exchange for a few hundred dollars. I don't mind (in fact I desire) transactions with individuals, but I know I could never pull off a deal where I make 20-30 people happy at the same time.
Well, damme. I found nothing to argue with and everything to admire in that post. Given my quarrelsome nature, that's a wonder.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

joegoat
Minister of not knowing names
Minister of not knowing names

Post by joegoat » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Lovely pipes Fred!
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis