Good news...

All about pipe making
Post Reply
User avatar
ryland
More of this
More of this
Posts: 3436
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:00 pm

Good news...

Post by ryland » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm

At least the stem blockage from this estate off of eBay is removed.

And it’ll get a new stem.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7248
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Good news...

Post by Goose55 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:55 am

ryland wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm
At least the stem blockage from this estate off of eBay is removed.

And it’ll get a new stem.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not long ago, I obtained my very 1st Meer and like it quite a bit.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16534
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Good news...

Post by hugodrax » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:44 am

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:55 am
ryland wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm
At least the stem blockage from this estate off of eBay is removed.

And it’ll get a new stem.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not long ago, I obtained my very 1st Meer and like it quite a bit.
Clearly, the response the OP was hoping for. Upon seeing his newly broken pipe,I’m sure he immediately posted here to see if Goose had a meerschaum and whether that meerschaum had the Goose Seal of Approval.

I agree with you that Ryland chose his words poorly in not asking you at all whether you owned or enjoyed a meerschaum, but we can only surmise that this mistake was caused by shyness, as it is immediately obvious that anyone posting about their broken pipe is really appealing for your opinions on the pipe material’s smoking qualities.

Please clarify the following for posterity:

1. Who made your meerschaumm.
2. What are the opinions of your chartreuse cat, Lucy, regarding meerschaum pipes in general and Bekler’s in particular.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21931
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Good news...

Post by JimVH » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:18 am

ryland wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm
At least the stem blockage from this estate off of eBay is removed.

And it’ll get a new stem.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That stinks, bud. What's your plan for fixing it? Who, what, where, etc. I've never had to have a meer repaired.

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21161
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Good news...

Post by FredS » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:44 am
Goose55 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:55 am
ryland wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm
At least the stem blockage from this estate off of eBay is removed.

And it’ll get a new stem.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not long ago, I obtained my very 1st Meer and like it quite a bit.
Clearly, the response the OP was hoping for. Upon seeing his newly broken pipe,I’m sure he immediately posted here to see if Goose had a meerschaum and whether that meerschaum had the Goose Seal of Approval.

I agree with you that Ryland chose his words poorly in not asking you at all whether you owned or enjoyed a meerschaum, but we can only surmise that this mistake was caused by shyness, as it is immediately obvious that anyone posting about their broken pipe is really appealing for your opinions on the pipe material’s smoking qualities.

Please clarify the following for posterity:

1. Who made your meerschaumm.
2. What are the opinions of your chartreuse cat, Lucy, regarding meerschaum pipes in general and Bekler’s in particular.
Nope. Didn't miss this guy one bit. :dancingpie:
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35348
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Good news...

Post by UncleBob » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:01 am

ryland wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm
At least the stem blockage from this estate off of eBay is removed.

And it’ll get a new stem.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
ryland
More of this
More of this
Posts: 3436
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:00 pm

Re: Good news...

Post by ryland » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:04 am

JimVH wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:18 am
ryland wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm
At least the stem blockage from this estate off of eBay is removed.

And it’ll get a new stem.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That stinks, bud. What's your plan for fixing it? Who, what, where, etc. I've never had to have a meer repaired.
I'm not 100% sure yet. I got it for close to nothing so I'm not out too much.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

User avatar
ryland
More of this
More of this
Posts: 3436
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:00 pm

Re: Good news...

Post by ryland » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:05 am

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:01 am
ryland wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm
At least the stem blockage from this estate off of eBay is removed.

And it’ll get a new stem.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
At that price I can't afford not to. It's a stewardship issue.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35348
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Good news...

Post by UncleBob » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:11 am

ryland wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:05 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:01 am
ryland wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm
At least the stem blockage from this estate off of eBay is removed.

And it’ll get a new stem.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
At that price I can't afford not to. It's a stewardship issue.
https://youtu.be/LOZi8H0YMiA

:chili:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16534
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Good news...

Post by hugodrax » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:06 pm

I've gotten into meerschaums a bit, and I hate to tell you this but they are not easy to repair. Many repair shops wont touch them.

If you have to go the repair route, I'd look at Briarworks. They're the best. Otherwise I'd either try to buy a job lot of meerschaum stems on Ebay or junk the pipe. Sorry, sir, and good luck.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9496
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Good news...

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:22 pm

ryland wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm
At least the stem blockage from this estate off of eBay is removed.

And it’ll get a new stem.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So sorry to see that. I can honestly say I've been there and done that. Good luck finding a new stem.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Post Reply