List of Reads

Want to share something posted on your blog, or the fact that you have a blog? Here's one for the bloggers.
Pooka
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

List of Reads

Post by Pooka » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:40 am

I put a fairly comprehensive list of my library of authors (that I've read) on my blog. Some reviews as well.

http://lordandhearth.com/authors/

Reformed Presbyterian (gasp)
Restored
Smokey
Chief Sailor (still sailing)
savedpook on Gmail
http://www.lordandhearth.com

PineyWoodPiper
Congregation
Congregation

Re: List of Reads

Post by PineyWoodPiper » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Great list!

Any fan of Lewis is good in my book.

Curious about your thoughts on Chesterton though. I find that a lot of people have issue with him taking more of a philosophical rather than scriptural approach to things, was this the issue that you had as well?

Also a good author, you may be interested in if you haven't read any of his works already is Fyodor Dostoyevski.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:39 pm

Garfield's Teddy Bear, concerning Greg Bahnsen wrote:Postmil Theonomist. Read his Theonomy in Christian Ethics. Hard, repetitive, drowning in factoids. I remain convinced he was working too hard to prove what is still conjecture.
+1
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Pooka
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Pooka » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:38 pm

PineyWoodPiper wrote:Great list!

Curious about your thoughts on Chesterton though. I find that a lot of people have issue with him taking more of a philosophical rather than scriptural approach to things, was this the issue that you had as well?

Also a good author, you may be interested in if you haven't read any of his works already is Fyodor Dostoyevski.
I didn't find a real problem with Chesterton's tendency toward philosophy. I don't think I expected that from him. Not sure why, now, since it's been a while since I've read him. Should go back a flip through a few.
Restored
Smokey
savedpook on Gmail

Pooka
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Pooka » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:40 pm

coco wrote:
Garfield's Teddy Bear, concerning Greg Bahnsen wrote:Postmil Theonomist. Read his Theonomy in Christian Ethics. Hard, repetitive, drowning in factoids. I remain convinced he was working too hard to prove what is still conjecture.
+1
Took me quite a while to figure out he was just plain failing to make Scripture do what he wanted.
Restored
Smokey
savedpook on Gmail

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:42 am

PineyWoodPiper wrote:Great list!

Who is Chesterton?
"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis