They Still Had To Fight...

Want to share something posted on your blog, or the fact that you have a blog? Here's one for the bloggers.
JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

They Still Had To Fight...

Post by JMG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:48 am

"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: They Still Had To Fight...

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Great blog entry. Praying for yall's clear direction. Keep the faith.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:29 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:09 pm
Great blog entry. Praying for yall's clear direction. Keep the faith.
This. Also, do not let that woman down, JM
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:27 am

Yes, amen.
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:02 pm

And then I came to the story of King David. As a young boy God anointed him as the next King of Israel. And then He lifted him out of the fields of sheep and plopped him directly on the throne where he lived Happily Ever After. No, that's not right... Biblical scholars believe that there was approximately fifteen years between the time David was anointed by the prophet Samuel and the time he was crowned king. FIFTEEN years. And those years were not filled with him just ushering around a bunch of sheep at his dad's house. They were filled with running, hiding, and fighting for his life. Plenty of reasons to just say, "Maybe that old guy was just crazy, and I'm not really called to be King. Maybe it wasn't really what God wanted. It would be easier than this if it was His Will. I'll just go back to the sheep. The sheep aren't trying to stab me with spears."
This reminds me of Mary and Joseph, as well.

At the birth of Jesus, there were hosts of angels, and wondering shepherds. Then visits from wise men, bearing gifts. And the prophecies of Simeon and Anna as the child Jesus was presented at the temple.

Then.... 30 years of nothing. Fleeing to Egypt, returning to Nazareth. Living day-to-day, as the wonders and promises faded into memory. A curious incident in Jerusalem when the child was 12, but otherwise.... nothing.

Nothing for decades but the battle of faithful, obedient perseverance, until one day at a wedding the Holy Spirit prompted Mary to urge Jesus into revealing a miracle.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

JMG

Post by JMG » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:19 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:02 pm
And then I came to the story of King David. As a young boy God anointed him as the next King of Israel. And then He lifted him out of the fields of sheep and plopped him directly on the throne where he lived Happily Ever After. No, that's not right... Biblical scholars believe that there was approximately fifteen years between the time David was anointed by the prophet Samuel and the time he was crowned king. FIFTEEN years. And those years were not filled with him just ushering around a bunch of sheep at his dad's house. They were filled with running, hiding, and fighting for his life. Plenty of reasons to just say, "Maybe that old guy was just crazy, and I'm not really called to be King. Maybe it wasn't really what God wanted. It would be easier than this if it was His Will. I'll just go back to the sheep. The sheep aren't trying to stab me with spears."

At the birth of Jesus, there were hosts of angels, and wondering shepherds. Then visits from wise men, bearing gifts. And the prophecies of Simeon and Anna as the child Jesus was presented at the temple.

Then.... 30 years of nothing. Fleeing to Egypt, returning to Nazareth. Living day-to-day, as the wonders and promises faded into memory. A curious incident in Jerusalem when the child was 12, but otherwise.... nothing.

Nothing for decades but the battle of faithful, obedient perseverance, until one day at a wedding the Holy Spirit prompted Mary to urge Jesus into revealing a miracle.
I love in that story when Mary says simply, "Do whatever he tells you."
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

Del

Post by Del » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:23 pm

JMG wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:19 pm
Del wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:02 pm

I love in that story when Mary says simply, "Do whatever he tells you."
Those are her last words recorded in Scripture. Mary is the model of obedience to us, how to be a faithful Christian.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon