Medical Procedure

Where two or more are gathered....
sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Medical Procedure

Post by sguthrie » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:04 am

My daughter, Ainsley, (1 year old) will be getting tubes in her ears this Wednesday morning. It's a very minor procedure, but they WILL put her out for it. If you think of it, please keep her and the doctors in your prayers.

hicksdm
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by hicksdm » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:13 am

Will do.

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:34 am

I'll be praying. Been there - my oldest daughter - Abby - had surgery when she was 13 mos. Keep us posted on how it goes.

John-Boy

Coffeenut
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Coffeenut » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:42 am

Consider it done!
"When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die."
Dietrich Bonhoffer

tonymccallie
Elder
Elder

Post by tonymccallie » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:23 pm

Will do pal.
Blessings, Tony
Tony McCallie :pipe:

RonGadz
Congregation
Congregation

Post by RonGadz » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:56 pm

Steve,

I consider you a dear and personal friend of mine. Your sweet little Ashley will be in my prayers. As well as her doctors.

My son Brian had surgery on his eyes when he was in kindergarten...talk about parent nervousness!!
Let Go and Let God...and enjoy all the pleasures of the Earth....especially a good pipe or a good cigar!

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:03 am

I don't think there is a parent out there who wouldn't gladly undergo any procedure to keep thier kids out of it.

A little off topic, but this weekend my in-laws took us on a hay ride, my son got a piece of straw stuck under a finger nail. I can't describe how heart wreching it is to have to hold him and listen to him scream bloody murder while trying to get it out (fortunately the doctor was able to get it out, but I guess it wasn't a particularly good experience for him).

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:29 am

Thanks everyone, for your prayers. Everything seemed to go fine and Ainsley is doing great. I just hope long term this solves more problems that it causes.

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:38 am

Steve,

That's great news. I'll be praying the tubes are a help - I've got a number of friends who's kids had great improvement after getting tubes.

So how was the anesthesia administered? Did you get to hold her while they put the mask over her?

John-Boy
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:21 am

No, we weren't in the room then, but she was asleep when we handed her to the nurse so I imagine it went pretty well. It sounded like she was pretty used to doing small children and talked about how they'd go about getting her comfortable with the mask.

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:36 am

Ah. That's very cool. For Abby I held her. My wife was pregnant at the time so she wasn't allowed in the room. The docs held a mask in front of her face. Not actually pressed up to her, but close in front. She was still a bit freaked - and it was pretty sad. I was whispering in her ear to calm her and the docs got worried I was too close to the gas too. Kind of a light hearted moment during the process worrying about knocking ol' dad out too. Anyway - the gas kicked in pretty quick and she went limp. I'll never forget that feeling of her going limp. Nor do I have any desire to experience it again. Anyway - your daughter and your family have been in my prayers. Glad to hear it went smoothly. God bless America!
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:22 am

They actually gave us the mask before she went back, with colorful stickers on it, so she could play with it and try to get comfortable. They also put somethign inside it that smelled like bubble gum to try and get her to start sniffing at it.

Alberich
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Alberich » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:29 am

Consider it done.

Alberich

nnnwarner
Congregation
Congregation

Post by nnnwarner » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:11 am

actually, i am a nurse anesthetist and do the anesthesia for these procedures. it is a very quick procedure and fairly safe. although, with children, we are always on our guard. i'm glad to hear that anything went well. if anyone has any anesthesia related questions, i am available for an informal consult, just mail or message me.
-nnnwarner

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:10 am

Yea, I have a question. How can I get some for those nights when the kids just REFUSE to go to sleep. :o