Memory Eternal for our Br. Nikolai

Where two or more are gathered....
Cliff
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: Memory Eternal for our Br. Nikolai

Post by Cliff » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:35 am

Thanks for reviving the thread. I thought about Br. Nicholai and said prayers for him. I then filled m finest pipe in his memory.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOUR PIPE
What is a rebel?-A man who says No- Albert Camus

"I have set my course for uncharted seas." Paradisio, Canto II, v 9, Dante

Penrose
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Penrose » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Thunktank wrote:When I get chance I will post or at least have available for inquiries the information of the ROCOR priest and church that ministered to Br. Nicholas' final needs.
I'd be interested. Just the name would be enough. I was delighted when I initially came across some of Monarchist's posts, only to end here and the realisation that I'd discovered CPS too late. Would have liked to have interacted with him. Good chance though, that Nicholas and I had bumped shoulders in church before, and I'm fairly convinced we'd chatted on IRC about Nightcap, some years ago. Memory Eternal!

CycleBrewer
Usher
Usher

Post by CycleBrewer » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Prayers for the repose of his soul. Nightcap in my pipe.
Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is
pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any
excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:24 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

Penrose
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Penrose » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:50 pm

As I age, I am increasingly struck by this: just how deep the rabbit hole goes, and how much meaning there can be, in a pipe smoked at sunset.

OldWorldSwine
rootle round the ear 'ole
rootle round the ear 'ole

Post by OldWorldSwine » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:52 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Penrose wrote:As I age, I am increasingly struck by this: just how deep the rabbit hole goes, and how much meaning there can be, in a pipe smoked at sunset.
+2
"There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet."

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:16 am

I saw Nikolai's birthday reminder on FB this morning and it made me pause.

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:30 am

I would bet that Br. Nikolai has already convinced many of the citizens of the Church Triumphant to take up the pipe.

I do miss him. He was world-class.

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:00 pm

JimVH wrote:I saw Nikolai's birthday reminder on FB this morning and it made me pause.
Yeah.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:16 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:I would bet that Br. Nikolai has already convinced many of the citizens of the Church Triumphant to take up the pipe.

I do miss him. He was world-class.
The man lived a life, that's for sure. He once played guitar with Jerry Jeff freakin' Walker! He gave up a lot to live simply towards the end of his life. He and I and talked a few times about his old life. He was happy to talk about it, but he didn't speak with even a twinge of regret for walking away from it (except he once wished he had a motorized machine to buff his pipes).
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

FredS

Post by FredS » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:26 pm

Happy Easter Bro Nick.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:38 pm

FredS wrote:Happy Easter Bro Nick.
You're a good man, Fred.

Happy Easter, Bro. Nick. Pray for us.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:37 am

hugodrax wrote:
FredS wrote:Happy Easter Bro Nick.
You're a good man, Fred.

Happy Easter, Bro. Nick. Pray for us.
Thanks. The thing is, he wouldn't/doesn't celebrate Easter on the same day as us, but I expect he'd graciously accept our well wishes.

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:09 am

Nikolai came to mind the other day when I 'found' one of his pipes that JimVH gave me. I'll smoke it some day, but not yet. The recent 'Mary thread' also prompted thought on praying to/through the saints. Honestly, I'll admit to coming very near that slippery slope of praying to Mon as an intermediary to God.

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:56 am

FredS wrote:Nikolai came to mind the other day when I 'found' one of his pipes that JimVH gave me. I'll smoke it some day, but not yet. The recent 'Mary thread' also prompted thought on praying to/through the saints. Honestly, I'll admit to coming very near that slippery slope of praying to Mon as an intermediary to God.
You might wish to ask him in this life, so why not ask him now? I don't believe in "the spirit." You do right? If he were with God, I'll bet he's praying for us anyway because I know we were important to him. I didn't know how important until close to the end. Friendship doesn't end at death even for me.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

“I grew up in a church with Ned Flanders. Down to the mustache. But so did a bunch of people I assume, which makes it so fun-diddly-unny.” -tuttle

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:43 pm

FredS wrote:Nikolai came to mind the other day when I 'found' one of his pipes that JimVH gave me. I'll smoke it some day, but not yet. The recent 'Mary thread' also prompted thought on praying to/through the saints. Honestly, I'll admit to coming very near that slippery slope of praying to Mon as an intermediary to God.
Similar here, traded with him a few times and have several of his books, picked one up recently to read it, came cross his had written notes scawled in the margins. It brought him to mind and asked his intercessions. Didn't get to know him as closely as would have wanted though we had few conversations mainly on how things were done in our respective "old country"s mainly food :)

Remeber us your wayward brothers, Br. Nikolai as you sit in the bosom of the Father.
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:10 pm

Thoth wrote:
Similar here, traded with him a few times and have several of his books, picked one up recently to read it, came cross his had written notes scawled in the margins. It brought him to mind and asked his intercessions. Didn't get to know him as closely as would have wanted though we had few conversations mainly on how things were done in our respective "old country"s mainly food :)

Remeber us your wayward brothers, Br. Nikolai as you sit in the bosom of the Father.
indeed.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Skip wrote:
Thoth wrote:

indeed.
... amen
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:22 am

Yo Nick. Pray for us, your brothers.

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:28 pm

I'll tell you, I was blessed to able to hear in his last days, the wisdom he held in his soul.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

“I grew up in a church with Ned Flanders. Down to the mustache. But so did a bunch of people I assume, which makes it so fun-diddly-unny.” -tuttle