Babies

Where two or more are gathered....
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Re: Babies

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:24 pm

When a teen ager, you can give them grief about how they kept you from going fishing...it will be a fun memory
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Rusty
In Memoriam

Re: RE: Re: Babies

Post by Rusty » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:53 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:56 pm
Fainn wrote:Canadians are late for everything.
:p

Well cabin trip cancelled. Wife and in laws don't think travelling 500 km roundtrip is wise. I predict that I'm sitting here Mondathe place and y with no baby AND no fish :/

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
No kidding. That was the most obvious prediction. The Vegas odd-makers gave the alternative 1000:1 odds and I still wouldn't take it.

By the time life is so casual again you'll be old enough that you no longer remember the freedom to decide ad-hoc right-now let's go to cabin.
Man, are you in for a shock. This is lifestyle change 101 coming at you. Of course it could be that your son or daughter will be very easy going and go along. You must have attended parties where people dump their winter coats in a spare bedroom? We dumped the baby there too because he would sleep and was very easy going. People would go in, dump their coats, and ask D'you know there is a baby in there with the coats.... who dumped the baby? By the time they're crawling you cannot do that anymore. They'll ransack the place and then get hurt so that they're wailing.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Rusty wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:53 pm
ReverendThom wrote:

Well cabin trip cancelled. Wife and in laws don't think travelling 500 km roundtrip is wise. I predict that I'm sitting here Mondathe place and y with no baby AND no fish :/

No kidding. That was the most obvious prediction. The Vegas odd-makers gave the alternative 1000:1 odds and I still wouldn't take it.

By the time life is so casual again you'll be old enough that you no longer remember the freedom to decide ad-hoc right-now let's go to cabin.
Man, are you in for a shock. This is lifestyle change 101 coming at you. Of course it could be that your son or daughter will be very easy going and go along. You must have attended parties where people dump their winter coats in a spare bedroom? We dumped the baby there too because he would sleep and was very easy going. People would go in, dump their coats, and ask D'you know there is a baby in there with the coats.... who dumped the baby? By the time they're crawling you cannot do that anymore. They'll ransack the place and then get hurt so that they're wailing.
haha that's great :) I'm hoping Uncle Rusty will come west to babysit, per chance?

Today we tried to go into labour at the beach. No luck.

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:01 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Rusty wrote:
ReverendThom wrote:

haha that's great :) I'm hoping Uncle Rusty will come west to babysit, per chance?

She looks wonderful and oh-so-happy.

Trying to take a 500 km trip at the end of pregnancy to the middle of nowhere, far away from her obstetrician and hospital...that's such a new father thing to do. I laughed aloud. Good choice staying home!

Praying for happy and healthy for the child and strength and grace for you both.

Babies are the point of life on this earth. Happy for you
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:06 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Rusty wrote:
ReverendThom wrote:

Labour on the beach, labour at the shopping center, labour in the backyard, false labour while you're at work... two or three times... false alarm... go home. But just sneak off to the cabin and you'll either be delivering a baby or she'll call you ... false labour get home quick. Get her a skipping rope. That'll do it.

Then when you've got kids it's like moving an army to get everyone to the cabin. Lots of planning, complaining, arrangements, friends... it's ridiculous. But very soon after they're mobile they'll head out to the cabin without you. And it will seem perfectly normal to them. Not to you. Next thing you know they'll be committing you to an old folks home without a cabin. It's not the baby but rather all that follows.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:42 am

Take her to the mall or a large sporting goods store...and walk a bunch = baby within 24 hours
Scott ( aka - Thor )

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:42 am

ReverendThom wrote:
. . .Today we tried to go into labour at the beach. No luck.
One word:
Taco Bell

Praying

(also: There's no 'U' in labor.)
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:54 am

Depends if you were schooled in England Fred

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:43 am

mustangii wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:54 am
Depends if you were schooled in England FredImage

Taco Bell puts you into labo(u)r only if you were schooled in the Commonwealth?
My spaghetti sauce put my wife into labor. She thought it was indigestion.

Handsome couple, Rev!
Praying with you.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:23 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:43 am
mustangii wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:54 am
Depends if you were schooled in England FredImage

Taco Bell puts you into labo(u)r only if you were schooled in the Commonwealth?
My spaghetti sauce put my wife into labor. She thought it was indigestion.

Handsome couple, Rev!
Praying with you.
I thought he was saying you need adult diapers (Depends) if you were schooled in England. Maybe we should ask AFRS.

Still praying for the imminent delivery.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:13 pm

:lol:
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Still in there. Ultrasounds every 2 days now until she comes out. Got this 3d shot today. Look at that nose and those cheeks!

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:48 pm

I'm really excited for y'all, bud.

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Daily in our prayers
Scott ( aka - Thor )

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Praying for you, sir. Babies are just the best. You're going to have fun!
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Thanks all! :D

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:59 pm

Inducing on Wednesday if nothing comes before then

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:48 pm

Continued prayers
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:13 pm

Continued prayers, man. You and the other ultrasound readers have better eyes than me, btw. Is that image right side up?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:19 am

sweetandsour wrote:Continued prayers, man. You and the other ultrasound readers have better eyes than me, btw. Is that image right side up?
LOL my mother thought it was an ink blot test. Forehead on top eyes on the side, nose in the middle and cutest lips ever in bottom middle :)

Last edited by ReverendThom on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.