Where two or more are gathered....
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Re: A friend going through a LOT...

Post by Skip » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Skip wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:26 pm
This Saturday will be a 'major event' on the order of the triggers that pushed them back into the bottle many months ago. This isn't an event that can be avoided; they need to attend. We'll be there together (I'll be taking photos), and they've already been warned that at the first sign of stress I will throw them over my shoulder and carry them out the door and the world can kiss my keister if they don't like it**. I'm praying for their strength and my discernment. This will be an emotional event for all involved (yes, even me), and marking "the line" will be difficult.

** (I really don't think I'll have to go to those extremes, but I need the strength and resolution to do so if necessary).
It was an amazingly good evening. No tears. Joyous. And some reconciliation; I'd SERIOUSLY pissed off her sister this summer (and vice versa). We made up.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:58 pm

prayers of thanksgiving.

Praise God that His will was done.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:07 pm

This is the stuff that gets me. We're all goobers. Every once in a while the Holy Ghost lets us realize that and rise above it. Great stuff, Skip. I'm glad.

Still praying, though.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.