Possible Career Shift or Change.

Where two or more are gathered....
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: Possible Career Shift or Change.

Post by FredS » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm

That's exciting. Whether you get the new gig or not it's good to shake things up once in a while.

Prayed.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:53 pm

That sounds cool. Learnin is always good.

Praying
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:59 am

Continued prayers
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

StoicDetective
Congregation
Congregation

Post by StoicDetective » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Update:

I was not hired into the DA Investigator position ... wasn't even offered an interview ... wasn't even offered a "thanks, but no thanks' letter."

Kinda funny story on how I found this out:
I had a previous Source/Trace Back Investigation involving two different intoxicated drivers to public locations. One of these gentlemen decided for a jury trial. Ultimately, I had needed to turnover my findings to both the prosecutors and the defense as well.
Well, while I was turning over my evidence the DA Investigator state that they are swearing in new people and asked me to be there and witness ... I saw the new investigator swear into the DA's Office. I DID NOT MAKE A SCENE OR CONFRONT THE DA or his other investigators ... to be frank they guy they hired over me is a solid investigator/detective (I could learn a lot from him), worth his weight (I know him from the local PD).

Maybe it is my style of humor, but I I kinda found this funny. I also developed better professional connections with the new DA Investigator, the case DA Investigator, and the District Attorney.

Follow on: my wife asked me if I had considered that I am where God wants and needs me.
"The world is full of obvious things which nobody by chance ever observes." -- S. Holmes

"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." -- S. Spade

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:49 pm

StoicDetective wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:38 pm
Update:

I was not hired into the DA Investigator position ... wasn't even offered an interview ... wasn't even offered a "thanks, but no thanks' letter."

Kinda funny story on how I found this out:
I had a previous Source/Trace Back Investigation involving two different intoxicated drivers to public locations. One of these gentlemen decided for a jury trial. Ultimately, I had needed to turnover my findings to both the prosecutors and the defense as well.
Well, while I was turning over my evidence the DA Investigator state that they are swearing in new people and asked me to be there and witness ... I saw the new investigator swear into the DA's Office. I DID NOT MAKE A SCENE OR CONFRONT THE DA or his other investigators ... to be frank they guy they hired over me is a solid investigator/detective (I could learn a lot from him), worth his weight (I know him from the local PD).

Maybe it is my style of humor, but I I kinda found this funny. I also developed better professional connections with the new DA Investigator, the case DA Investigator, and the District Attorney.

Follow on: my wife asked me if I had considered that I am where God wants and needs me.
Sorry, sir. The world isn't right these days and almost no one sends the condolence letter anymore.

You'll get there. How do I know? Because they brought you into this and made you a part of it. You've got style and a good wife, too.

Still praying, sir.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.