For me

Where two or more are gathered....
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: For me

Post by FredS » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:53 pm

Free and unsolicited advice? Sure, I'd be glad to. . .

Jarad, your boss decides where to put you based on what's best for the store and what makes his life easiest. Learn to do good work at each station and you'll be a more valuable employee. Learn to do fantastic work at each station and you'll be the most valued employee. If you're fantastic at everything, and willing to work anywhere, you'll be the one to bail the boss out of a jam when others don't show, or get overwhelmed. Be the 'go to' guy, and you'll earn favor with the boss and chances are good that they'll let you off next time you need to be flexible. It's not sucking up or brown nosing, it's being a responsible employee.

You have a lot of folks here pulling for you.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Jared
I await final judgement [sic]

Post by Jared » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:22 pm

[quoteJarad, your boss decides where to put you based on what's best for the store and what makes his life easiest. Learn to do good work at each station and you'll be a more valuable employee. Learn to do fantastic work at each station and you'll be the most valued employee. If you're fantastic at everything, and willing to work anywhere, you'll be the one to bail the boss out of a jam when others don't show, or get overwhelmed. Be the 'go to' guy, and you'll earn favor with the boss and chances are good that they'll let you off next time you need to be flexible. It's not sucking up or brown nosing, it's being a responsible employee.[/quote]

Totally understand, however, i one of the better employees and trained on alot of the stations. The problem is just that. I do good work and they're always relying on me to cover their butts when they really don't want to deal. Ths boss and i did talk about the schedule and got things worked out on that end.

Today, though, i got written up becuase someone complained (apparently around work the customer is king despite the company's manifesto of "our partners are our most valuable resource") about not having lime juice. I did tell them that always my goal is to complete my work however, i struggled all night with the juice machine and that no one came to check on me to see if i needed help.
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. George Washinton Carver

In Vino Vertias, in Cervesio Felicitas

2014, 2015, 2016 &, 2017 Winner Most Likely Not To Win An Award

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Jared wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:22 pm
.., i struggled all night with the juice machine and that no one came to check on me to see if i needed help.
Seriously?
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Do you have a red stapler?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Jared

Post by Jared » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Seriously! The coverage manager and director came and did some but too little too late. For what ever reason the company thinks that throwing good money after bad is a good ideal. We have two machines and neither one is stellar. We've had issues with both machines for a while now. Of course both machines get used 7 days a week and sometimes pretty hard upwards of 60-70 gallons of just orange juice. Not sure on the amount of lime and lemon juice.
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. George Washinton Carver

Skip

Post by Skip » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:51 pm

The "seriously?" was directed at YOU, Jared.

You're seriously whining about lime juice?
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:22 am

Skip wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:51 pm
The "seriously?" was directed at YOU, Jared.

You're seriously whining about lime juice?
Oh. Now he might not come back. How will I know what happens next?

Sure hope you can live with yourself, Skip.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:48 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:38 pm
Do you have a red stapler?
I believe it's a Swingline.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound[a] teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. - 2 Tim 4:3-4

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:19 pm

So one of the things I've found helpful is seeking additional learning - career development if you will.

Is there someone, outside of work, you can talk to about skills and knowledge development? That sounds like the right "medicine" to help you with the work issues. Maybe that place isn't the one for you in the longer term. Instead of letting it be the place where you aren't feeling like you're being appreciated, use it instead as the launching pad for "that-next-thing" in your career.

This is something we all need to keep an eye on. Here's some help guides to get you thinking:
https://www.wikihow.com/Develop-in-Your-Career
https://www.livecareer.com/career/advic ... areer-plan
https://www.thebalance.com/improving-ca ... nt-4058289

Do you have a mentor? If not, maybe you need to find one - outside of that job you're at now.

Do you have a firm and honest view on your strengths and weaknesses (the latter being key). What can you do to shore up the weaknesses? How can you complement your Strength with more skill-set and knowledge?

Have you run into opportunities that you turned down because they weren't 100% in your wheelhouse? If so, take this as food for thought - it's simple, it's honest, but I'll be a monkey's uncle: it really works. Use new opportunities as fire to get you into that right Next-state to become a new You:
Just make sure to be earnest and prepare for it - don't slack off. Slacking causes failure. Commit and try. Do it enough, you win big.
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Jared

Post by Jared » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Well, it has been a while. After "proving" myself they have approached me about being a lead. Either than or they're scraping the bottom of the barrel and that myself and another employee are the only partners that can speak English and have greater seniority.

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Jared wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:02 pm
Well, it has been a while. After "proving" myself they have approached me about being a lead. Either than or they're scraping the bottom of the barrel and that myself and another employee are the only partners that can speak English and have greater seniority.
Don't knock yourself down like that Jared. They offered you the position because they think you'll be good at it and it will be good for the store. This is a GOOD thing. Don't doubt yourself.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Again, congratulations on the new career opportunity. I hope they follow through with the offer and I hope you take it and excel at it.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:41 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:32 pm
Jared wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:02 pm
Don't knock yourself down like that Jared. They offered you the position because they think you'll be good at it and it will be good for the store. This is a GOOD thing. Don't doubt yourself.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Again, congratulations on the new career opportunity. I hope they follow through with the offer and I hope you take it and excel at it.
Yes, please tell yourself good things. You’ve been beaten for a long time, I can tell, but you CAN overcome. Dig down and find that warrior spirit and rise up brother in arms! :)

Lord have mercy.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

“I grew up in a church with Ned Flanders. Down to the mustache. But so did a bunch of people I assume, which makes it so fun-diddly-unny.” -tuttle

mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Post by mont974x4 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:16 pm

You deserve better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Praying.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:55 am

Praying now about Jared and all concerned.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:02 am

Prayed for you.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:03 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:02 am
Prayed for you.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:34 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:03 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:02 am
Prayed for you.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS