ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

For Tatanka

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Wow, we need to pray for our friend:
Tatanka wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:24 pm

OH how I know that pain! Definitely praying GOD's MERCY "NOW!" upon her. Years of back ER's, have led to a Neurologist's diagnosis of Peripheral Neuropathy, Nothing to relieve the help of "nerve damage" that can NOT be cured. On the road to seeking something non-habit forming, to help with the CONSTANT pain once I stand up and/or walk. Am so limited now in all movements, I can no longer do even the slightest, easiest chores around the house.......GIGANTIC challenge!

I am very humbly seeking Divine HELP.....to prop up my weak faith, and to pump some air in my "Perseverance" to show some real spiritual growth in maturity; I mean the "real stuff" in the FATHER's view; of living James' inspired counsel that is still a 'mind blower' for me: Ja. 1:2 NIV "Consider it PURE JOY...whenever you face trials of many kinds...." (My emphasis!) In aiming at this, guys, I'm doing the only thing that came to mind after I have had this a priority #1 urgency in my prayers; I try and give thanks whenever the doubts and the pain drives me almost to the point of yelling loudly at times - - to give thanks for whatever I see or think about at that moment! Usually it is a visual thing, because my mind is locked into dealing with pain. So I find myself even giving thanks for a pencil to write with; a fan to turn on; a comfortable pillow; you name it. And I "think" ?????? it's beginning to work. A sense of GENUINE thankfulness, which links to James' "consider it pure joy" is lessening the panic, the worry, the "what if's?" medically ahead, etc.

It has been so much easier,throughout my life, to preach the Bible message of Truth to others. Faith talk is SO EASY. The words just fall off one's tongue - - BUT, when you find yourself helpless in the firey furnace...and no "2nd" Person is seen; Ahhh! Then!!!! "How's this Faith thing working for you, Jess?"!!! So praying to be held in a continual mind-'set' of expressing thankfulness to the LORD, when the "dog bites and the winds blow" (my form of the words of the original song, which escapes me now) - is where I am "Clinging to the ROCK" with fingernails at times. I can say that there is no greater exciting real-life experience and adventure than grasping onto the Faith line and clinging with all your might, even holding on by the grip of the teeth and jaw at times....remembering that "it develops perseverance, and perseverance is what finishes the work AND....the real clincher 'for me' is that THIS attitude of joy and thanks-giving "in ALL circumstances IS GOD's WILL for (us) in Christ Jesus." 1 Thess. 5:16-18.

Your prayers, brothers, are MUCH appreciated. To GOD be the Glory! GREAT things He has done!

I contend my testimony here IS a ______ Fact About myself !
I had no idea Tatanka that you were suffering like this! If you've mentioned it before, I've missed it.

Praying for you, Tatanka. And giving thanks, too ;)
Last edited by ReverendThom on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: For Tatanka

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Wow man, praying.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Yeah, I missed that. Good reverending, Reverend.

Praying now.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:00 pm

Praying for you and also for your daughter and the family.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The Guacamole yoda was life changing " ~ John-Boy

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:01 am

... amen
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

MrPiper
Needs to lighten up with the Xs
Needs to lighten up with the Xs

Post by MrPiper » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 am

Praying

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:01 am
... amen

Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Post by Roadmaster » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 am

Prayers for you Big Buddy.
Oh Mighty Cobfather, return and smite the interlopers.

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:41 am

Praying now
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:59 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 am
Prayers for you Big Buddy.
Yup. Same here.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:26 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:12 pm
Tatanka wrote:

I had no idea Tatanka that you were suffering like this! If you've mentioned it before, I've missed it.

Well, thank you SO MUCH! Personal recognition really is encouraging. Yep. Things just rapidly went down the steep steps to the basement of my physical basement. :) Two months, of 3 x a week X-rays; shots in my back, PT, Chiropractor daily; stretching; MRI, Several Ultra sounds to legs. No improvement. Had HORRIBLE burning pain in legs, mostly the right, which seems to still be where I feel the greatest pain- hip region; where that big muscle connects the trunk to the legs. I'm TERRIBLY stiff. Happened over night, it feels like. Pain in just pulling on socks and tying shoes. But the pain down the legs was so severe I could NOT refrain from verbally sounding. I had one Epidural shot. It lasted about 2 months, but helped a great deal. But next was all kinds of testings by a Neurologist; shock treatments that had my legs jumping off the table ! :) It's true! I've been on a non-habit forming drug, 3 x day, Gabapentin. The severity has decreased, thank GOD! But it has limited virtually everything one normally does around the house, automobiles, yard, dog poo pick up. I use a cane much of the time. The Neurologist said "your nerves are damaged and there is no help or cure for that." I don't know how my "nerves" were damaged. I have a long list of back deteriorating issues, with age, and bad falls I've had from childhood and onward. Discs flattening and protruding, two vertebrae slipped out of place. Dr. said "no surgery will help you." So....:) :) Focus on the Gospel, and that the NEW way to the FATHER, through the Curtain, has been made by Christ Jesus and His blood.

A man's voice began playing giving your numerical numbers at the top, and speaking so fast, I did not understand. Maybe I've written too much. Hope not. There's always more to share, but too bad we can't sit on a porch and enjoy our pipes and share in trust as brothers. Guess that sharing will have to wait until we picnic under that Tree of Life! WHEW! :) GOD bless you. Will keep you daily in my prayers as well. Clinging to the ROCK, Jess Dixon
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:10 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:26 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Tatanka wrote:

Well, thank you SO MUCH! Personal recognition really is encouraging. Yep. Things just rapidly went down the steep steps to the basement of my physical basement. :) Two months, of 3 x a week X-rays; shots in my back, PT, Chiropractor daily; stretching; MRI, Several Ultra sounds to legs. No improvement. Had HORRIBLE burning pain in legs, mostly the right, which seems to still be where I feel the greatest pain- hip region; where that big muscle connects the trunk to the legs. I'm TERRIBLY stiff. Happened over night, it feels like. Pain in just pulling on socks and tying shoes. But the pain down the legs was so severe I could NOT refrain from verbally sounding. I had one Epidural shot. It lasted about 2 months, but helped a great deal. But next was all kinds of testings by a Neurologist; shock treatments that had my legs jumping off the table ! :) It's true! I've been on a non-habit forming drug, 3 x day, Gabapentin. The severity has decreased, thank GOD! But it has limited virtually everything one normally does around the house, automobiles, yard, dog poo pick up. I use a cane much of the time. The Neurologist said "your nerves are damaged and there is no help or cure for that." I don't know how my "nerves" were damaged. I have a long list of back deteriorating issues, with age, and bad falls I've had from childhood and onward. Discs flattening and protruding, two vertebrae slipped out of place. Dr. said "no surgery will help you." So....:) :) Focus on the Gospel, and that the NEW way to the FATHER, through the Curtain, has been made by Christ Jesus and His blood.

A man's voice began playing giving your numerical numbers at the top, and speaking so fast, I did not understand. Maybe I've written too much. Hope not. There's always more to share, but too bad we can't sit on a porch and enjoy our pipes and share in trust as brothers. Guess that sharing will have to wait until we picnic under that Tree of Life! WHEW! :) GOD bless you. Will keep you daily in my prayers as well. Clinging to the ROCK, Jess Dixon
Sounds somewhat like what my dad has - transverse myelitis. At any rate, not fun! Continuing to pray.
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Post by JudgeRusty » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Prayers sent.
I hate you are going through it.
Thanks for sharing the example of your strength in dealing with it.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Praying for you, friend.

CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by CodeMonkey » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:32 pm

Prayed
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:26 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Tatanka wrote:

Wish I could wave a magic wand & make it all go away, but I can't. Somehow, God will make all our sufferings up to us but in the here and now that doesn't much help
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:59 pm

I wish to thank you all for your prayers! It does not appear - often - where GOD gives physical healing any more, so whenever you think to shoot up a prayer for ole Tatanka (Jess), please pray that I may grow to develop an ATTITUDE that our Heavenly FATHER will be pleased with and can grant me an inner mysterious peace while accepting this pain. Thank you brothers of the Briar.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Even if the nerve damage is irreparable, I'd think you could start on a course of epidural steroid injections to help with the pain. They have helped me a great deal when needed from time to time.

Praying for relief, and adjustment to the new 'normal'.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe