My Bro

Where two or more are gathered....
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

My Bro

Post by FredS » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:42 pm

My brother (a year younger) and his wife are on a motorcycle tour from KS to WA and back. They crashed and slid down a mountain in CA Wednesday evening. Mike is in decent shape. Kathy has many broken bones and will require surgery. Bike is toast. I expect they'll be in CA for a week or two. Please pray for wisdom, skill, and compassion for their caregivers. Pray for tolerance between Mike and Kathy as they recover so far away from home. Pray for a full and complete recovery from their injuries.

They were in a remote area and we are blessed that he had cell coverage where they came to rest and that rescuers were able to find them relatively quickly. Nobody else could get a signal - cops, paramedics, chopper pilot, tow truck driver all said it was a miracle and they must have landed in the only spot for miles with a signal.

(The bike would have turned over 100K on the return leg of this trip. My brother really liked that bike and he's bummed about losing it.)
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Re: My Bro

Post by Hovannes » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:48 pm

Praying.
What hwy?
Which mountain range?
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:58 pm

They're in Santa Rosa so it was somewhere fairly close to there I guess. I don't know what road they were on, but he described a curved posted at 15 MPH to guide the dispatcher to the area. I don't know how they ended up crashing and I haven't asked.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:16 pm

The only square yard in the area with cell service. That's somethin' right there.

Prays up for Mike & Kathy.

I attended College in that area. If your brother had come in on I-80 and then up through the Napa Valley wine country they would have cut over to Santa Rosa and the Pacific Coast in Calistoga and that road does have a lot of up & down twists and turns. I remember those up & down twists and turns too well. We traversed them the first morning of a 500 mile bicycle trip up the Coast to Coos Bay, Oregon.
Last edited by Goose55 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:45 pm

Prayers
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:46 pm

Wow. Praying Fred

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Praying.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:47 pm

... amen
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:40 pm

Praying all the way around, Fred.

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:50 am

Lord have mercy.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

“I grew up in a church with Ned Flanders. Down to the mustache. But so did a bunch of people I assume, which makes it so fun-diddly-unny.” -tuttle

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:18 am

Jocose wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:45 pm
Prayers
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

dennisthemenace
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by dennisthemenace » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:22 am

Prayers. Mostly of thanksgiving that they're alive and looks like no permanent damage.
Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

Dennis

With pipe and book at close of day, Oh, what is sweeter? mortal say. - Richard Le Gallienne

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:06 am

+JMJ+
John-Boy wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:18 am
Jocose wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:45 pm
Prayers
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:40 am

Praying
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:24 am

Praying for healing.

Giving thanks to the angels watching over them during the accident.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Praying and praising as this could have ended so much worse without His provision.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound[a] teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. - 2 Tim 4:3-4

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Oh wow. Praying
Sola Deo Gloria

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:03 am

There are two west or northwest bound roads to Santa Rosa, CA. 101 from San Fransisco, and Hwy 12 from the Napa Valley. I'm assuming they may have never seen San Francisco before and coming in on I-80 west, over that fantastic new portion of the Bay Bridge, would have wanted to. 101 north of San Fransisco to Santa Rosa goes over the Golden Gate Bridge and is a pretty heavily traveled route, and there are no sections posted 15 mph, so my guess is they either skipped San Francisco or afterwards crossed back over into Napa Valley on the 101 north to Calistoga. They would have then went on that very curvey Hwy 12 fpm Calistoga to Santa Rosa, where there are many portions posted 15 mph. Here's a map showing Calistoga in North Napa Valley, and Santa Rosa, as well as roads west of Santa Rosa, to the Coast. The 101 is also on this map....

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Calisto ... 440429!3e0

I had a college friend whom I would sometimes swap my car for his Kawasaki 1000 for a weekend, and biked over Hwy 12 a few times, and also over to the Pacific Coast, west of Santa Rosa. It is possible they were on their way to Coast Hwy 1, west of Santa Rosa
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

FredS

Post by FredS » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:10 pm

The pelvis is bolted back together and it seems Kathy may get out of hospital this week. Their grown daughter is now out there and it seems this will work out OK.

Thanks for the prayers.

Updates as warranted.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Praying for healing all around.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty