Job...

Where two or more are gathered....
JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Job...

Post by JMG » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:17 pm

So, I posted a little bit ago that I had lost my job because my place of employment would no longer be needing me as much. This meeting was clear cut. No hard feelings. From a business standpoint I completely understood. He needed to hire another guy that could be there long-term as my family and I are still planning on going back to PNG in January assuming my wife's health issues are taken care of. The guy that hired me is a former pastor and knew I was looking for work. It helped me, but he was also getting much more skilled labor at a very low pay rate. When I spoke to my boss two days after our meeting I asked him to give me an end date of employment so I could know when I could be arranging other work. At that time he acted like we never had a meeting, and then that I just completely misunderstood what he was saying. It was all really weird, but not uncommon as it was on par with the last couple months of his forgetfulness. Even today another employee asked if she could talk to me and said, "What's been up with Chuck (not his real name)?"

Then tonight things came to a head. He got very manipulative. He has taken on more than he can chew with multiple jobs. He knew months ago from the time he hired me that I can't work weekends. But he has gotten himself into a bind this weekend. These are the text that transpired tonight:
(written at 7:34 pm, 3 1/2 hours after I had gotten off work for the day) Boss: I could use help for *business name* setup tomorrow. A company has rented *business name* for all next week but just sent a specific set up for Monday morning at 8. Not real difficult but we have 100 people in there tonight. Needs some cleaning and set up. Bill (not his actual name, but he is the new guy that was hired when my boss told me he needed me to step aside for someone longterm) is on schedule at his other jobs. I am in a tight spot.

Me: Really sorry, bud, but I have to help my dad early in the morning put a water pump in his car and then I have a carpentry job after that already lined up.

Boss: Ok, what about Sunday afternoon?

Me: I might have time then but it will depend on how far I get with my work tomorrow. Sorry I can't commit to it.

Boss: That's fine just know if you can help when I'm in a tight spot that's who's gonna be working most for me.

Me: This sounds a little manipulative, Chuck (not his real name)."
He immediately called me on the phone and was VERY defensive. He kept bringing in some personal things a which point I told him that he could speak to me as a friend or as an employer but not both and that I would not mix the two. Long story short I told him that in order to salvage a 10-year friendship I think it would be best if we ended our employee/employer relationship to which he replied that basically both were finished. I will add that I have been a standup employee and he has gotten a lot of low cost labor from me on a very flexible schedule. I feel proud of my performance. On a friend level it hurts my feelings that he would act this way towards me. He did see me lose my temper once (only in front of himself) and he used that to say that he "lost so much respect for me" and in so many words said that he couldn't be my friend anymore. This really hurt me. To completely dismiss 10 years of friendship due to a single 2 minute time I lost my temper (over the phone on a Walmart employee that was taking advantage of my wife at their garage after they messed up our brakes and told her she had to leave...I never cursed or anything like that by the way) it really saddens me. I don't have a lot of friends because our mission life just doesn't give us much time for deep relationships.

I'm pretty hurt by all this. I seriously think he may be having some sort of break due to stress from taking on too much the last couple year and something else that is personal for him so I will not share here. Also, because it has happened twice in the last few years I HATE knowing that false things are being said about me and my character. I work hard and I am a man of my word. I can't stand something being said otherwise and I know that that is going on.

Please pray for me. Pray for me, a sinner.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

JMG

Re: Job...

Post by JMG » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:44 pm

I will add that I am definitely without that job now. However, I have other employment already lined up, thankfully.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:40 am

Don't know how old your guy is, (or anything else about him), but it almost sounds like the beginnings of Alzheimer's, or something similar.

Anyway, prayers your way.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:49 am

Distressing, for sure, but it sounds like you held your ground and prioritized.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:52 am

Praying
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:13 am

praying
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:25 am

+JMJ+
gaining_age wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:13 am
praying
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:01 am

wosbald wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:25 am
+JMJ+
gaining_age wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:13 am
praying
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:22 am

Odd.

Praying.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:06 pm

So painful. Sorry for the frustration. Thankful for the new work.

Also, I'm hoping to come to Jackson October 6 to visit the Country Friar. Think you'll be in town that day? Nothing is concrete for me yet, but I've got it on the calendar.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Praying
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

JMG

Post by JMG » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:26 pm

ryland wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Also, I'm hoping to come to Jackson October 6 to visit the Country Friar. Think you'll be in town that day? Nothing is concrete for me yet, but I've got it on the calendar.
As far as I know I will be here. Hit me up and I'll come meet you and treat you to some good food.

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:36 pm

JMG wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:26 pm
ryland wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:06 pm

As far as I know I will be here. Hit me up and I'll come meet you and treat you to some good food.
Sounds great!
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:21 pm

Sorry to hear this. Praying, JMG.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:55 pm

:cry:

... amen
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:10 pm

Praying...remember you are not responsible for what others say and you have no control over what is said...those who know you won't listen to it and your life speaks louder than the nay sayers ever can.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:13 pm

Praying

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:51 pm

Prayed
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe