Here we go again

Where two or more are gathered....
Steverino
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Here we go again

Post by Steverino » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Greetings, all. Tomorrow I will have my second round of surgery to remove the rest of my bladder stones (cystolithopaxy or cystolitholapaxy) and to do the resection of my prostate (TURP). I truly hope this is successful and that I won't have to have any further surgery. Of course, I know that's probably not the case, as I still have a kidney stone in my right kidney that's too big to pass. It doesn't bother me and doesn't seem to impair kidney function but it needs to be dealt with. But we won't be dealing with it this time. I'm hoping to wear it down with water and lemon juice. Oh, and I have to be at the hospital at 7:15 a.m.

I'm not at all concerned about the surgery itself but the recovery. Last time, the first week or two were pretty miserable. Not looking forward to that again. My doctor did say that he thinks recovery should go better this time. He will be using a different cystoscope this time as the one he used last time was too short and not flexible enough, which is why he couldn't get all the stones. (He did manage to get 152 of them.) This time the hospital is renting another cystoscope to use for my surgery. I'm sure the rental cost will be added directly to my bill.

What was so bad about the recovery last time was bladder spasms. They don't really hurt much but they kind of make me double over and strain a lot, which actually seems to help them subside, as opposed to standing straight up. My doctor has given me medication this time to try to prevent the spasms from happening. That and having to wear a catheter and leg bag. Really inconvenient. Or, from a different perspective, really convenient. But even so, I'm thankful that the procedures can be done and that they are likely to help my quality of life quite a bit. The bad part is that this usually has to be repeated around five years out, plus or minus. But I'll deal with that when I get there.

So if you could pray for me about this I would certainly appreciate it. My main prayer is that the procedure will be successful and that I won't have to have any more surgery for a good long time. Even though my insurance pays 80% and my deductible is met, I'm still going to be in debt to the hospital for quite a long time. That's probably what bugs me the most. I just can't stand to be in debt and we were working hard to eliminate the debt we already had. These two surgeries will throw us behind significantly. I definitely see a second job in my future.

Thanks very much in advance. I really appreciate you guys being willing to pray.

Steve
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

michigander

Re: Here we go again

Post by michigander » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:38 pm

..will be praying Steve.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Praying!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:57 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:54 pm
Praying!
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Praying
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:27 pm

michigander wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:38 pm
..will be praying Steve.
Absolutely.

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:30 pm

Praying.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:23 pm

8O

praying
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Prayers, Steve.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Post by GaryInVA » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Will be praying.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Even though I can't smoke at this time, for some reason I like this place.

CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by CodeMonkey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:25 pm

Praying
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:57 am

ryland wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:53 pm
Prayers, Steve.
Christmas is Yule, dummies! We're doing the same thing, just better!

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:18 am

praying now
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:59 am

FredS wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:18 am
praying now
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:09 am

many prayers...
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 am

Praying this morning and will continue to do so for your recovery.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:07 am

Sorry you are suffering with this Steve. Prayers up, though, for recovery & healing.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Steverino

Post by Steverino » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 pm

My friends, thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. It means a great deal to know one can rely upon a group of people for prayer support in time of need.

So far, it looks like I'm out of the woods. The doc was able to use both laser and mechanical techniques to finish removing the bladder stones. Unfortunately, the TURP was not as successful. Again, due to equipment problems, he wasn't able to do a "full TURP" as he had planned. He did a modified procedure that he says he thinks will work but it will take us three or four months to find out for sure. So I may be back here in that period of time getting a surgical resection done instead of a TU resection. Doesn't really matter to me, just takes more recovery time and more money out of my pocket book (that part does matter). Nevertheless, thank you again for holding me up. It really makes a difference and keeps me going. If you could pray now that I won't have a lot of trouble with bladder spasms like I did last time I would really appreciate it. I'll be starting some medication as soon as I get the catheter out and will also be taking ibuprofen and, occasionally, pain pills. Hopefully this will combat the swelling and other things that happen when all your organs get shoved around during surgery. Thanks again,

Steve
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:00 pm

Thanks for the update. We havent forgotten you and it is nice to know what to pray for, if that makes sense. You're one tough cookie, brother.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:30 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:00 pm
Thanks for the update. We havent forgotten you and it is nice to know what to pray for, if that makes sense. You're one tough cookie, brother.
Indeed. Prayers for quick recovery and no more issues.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)