Family to Hewa...

Where two or more are gathered....
JMG
CPS Missionary to PNG
CPS Missionary to PNG

Re: Family to Hewa...

Post by JMG » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Flying back to town. Should touchdown in about 30 minutes. I’ll write an update soon. Thanks all so much for your prayers. Spiritually it was a profitable week.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:31 pm

Rumor has it that they’re back. (To the mission base, not the states)

Looking for an update! Been praying.
Sola Deo Gloria

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:16 am

JMG wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:30 pm
Flying back to town. Should touchdown in about 30 minutes. I’ll write an update soon. Thanks all so much for your prayers. Spiritually it was a profitable week.
My wife and I were thinking of y'all, and praying daily. Good to see your post.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:21 am

:prayin:
JMG wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:30 pm
Just pasting in an update letter we sent out to our supporter email list yesterday...

Tomorrow morning our family leaves for the hangar at 4:30 am so we can leave at first light to go back to Hewa. This is the first time since we returned to PNG this past February that Jessi and the girls have been able to go in with me. Please be praying for Jessi over the next couple weeks that we are there, that her health would remain good and that she would not have any pancreas issues or auto-immune flare ups.

While we are there I will be teaching 2 Timothy for the first time. Our co-worker finished its translation this past year and this will be the first time for it to be formally taught to the church. Please pray for me to have wisdom to say only what God wants them to hear. Pray for the Hewa church to have hungry hearts and that they would take the truths they will hear and put them into practice, and pray for the Hewa church leaders as they teach and model God’s Word for the rest of the church.

Our time back here has not been without its challenges, and should history be an indicator, I doubt the days to come will be smooth sailing either. However, this doesn’t come as news or a shock. Following Jesus comes with risks. In fact, it comes by death. Death to one’s self. Jesus Himself told us this. But He also told us to take His yoke upon us because He is gentle and His yoke it is light. It’s light because Jesus Himself bears the weight of it. He bore it when He was nailed to the cross and He defeated the burden of death when he rose from the grave. That isn’t a fairytale or just a nice story we tell. We stake our lives on it. We put our eternity in His hands…that’s where it’s safe.

We love and appreciate each of you and remain so thankful for your support and for being our partners in this work. What a day it will be when we all stand before God and you get to meet your Hewa brothers and sisters!
:prayin:
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis