I needs it

Where two or more are gathered....
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Re: I needs it

Post by Adam Z » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Praying!
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 pm

Thanks. I applied for one in Eastern KY today that feels like it would be the best fit.
'You, sir, are a Japanese Eggplant."
----AFRS

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:45 pm

Sent off two more applications today. Hard to get work with a Master's degree and can't afford one unless I get a another job which will probably keep me too busy to pursue a degree.
----AFRS

BeefyG
Congregation
Congregation

Post by BeefyG » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:12 pm

Fainn wrote:Sent off two more applications today. Hard to get work with a Master's degree and can't afford one unless I get a another job which will probably keep me too busy to pursue a degree.
I don’t know what your field is so this may not apply, but some companies will do flex time or even pay for your schooling. My company used to pay you back at the end of the semester if it was continuing education in your field and you passed your classes. They allowed odd hours to make it work. That all went away when oil prices dropped but may be something to ask about. I’m praying for you as well.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:31 pm

BeefyG wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:12 pm
Fainn wrote:Sent off two more applications today. Hard to get work with a Master's degree and can't afford one unless I get a another job which will probably keep me too busy to pursue a degree.
I don’t know what your field is so this may not apply, but some companies will do flex time or even pay for your schooling. My company used to pay you back at the end of the semester if it was continuing education in your field and you passed your classes. They allowed odd hours to make it work. That all went away when oil prices dropped but may be something to ask about. I’m praying for you as well.
Trying for bivocatonal ministry. Music is my best chance with a view of pastorate in the future. Smaller churches can't afford it and those that can typically want you to have your degree before you're hired. I have 8 years of formal music training and a minor in Religious Studies with a Master in Public Affairs with a concentration in Non-profit Management. I am Southern Baptist and am looking along the Gulf Coast, NC, KY and VA.
----AFRS

BeefyG
Congregation
Congregation

Post by BeefyG » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:13 pm

I was on the pastor search committee that selected our new pastor. We’re a small Baptist church in Texas and couldn’t pay a lot. We preferred someone with a masters but agreed that we would accept less education and support the pastor if he wanted to go back to school. We ended up hiring someone with a masters because that was who God had for us. I trust that God will place you where he wants you when the time is right. It took us a year to find a new pastor. Still praying for you.

rgcurrey
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts

Post by rgcurrey » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:37 pm

This, and praying for you.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected." William Makepeace Thackeray

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:36 pm

There is a full-time position an hour from my family. I will be applying sometime this weekend.
----AFRS