COVID-19 Prayers

Where two or more are gathered....
TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

COVID-19 Prayers

Post by TNLawPiper » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:38 pm

I figured it could be good for us to have a repository of prayer requests for those suffering either health or economic harm from this pandemic. Feel free to add your prayer requests to this thread.

A friend of mine has a presumptive case. He’s in the hospital now, about a week after having a bad fever and upper respiratory symptoms. He is having trouble breathing. He has a wife and a young baby, who have been quarantined at home. Please pray for him and all those suffering from this disease.

The downturn has hit our home. My wife had to lay off all of her employees. I thank God we have my salary, and it seems secure for now, and we are blessed in that regard. A lot of my friends work in the service industry, which has been decimated. Please pray for all those who are unable to provide for themselves and their families, especially those facing dangerous circumstances.
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Re: COVID-19 Prayers

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:57 pm

Praying for all of the concerns listed above.

My father in law has sniffles tonight, and is hoarse, says he has a cold. He's 90 yrs old in a couple weeks, and we're watching him.

Our daughter works in an assisted living home in NY, so please keep her in your prayers.

All the school kids need our prayers as well.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by TNLawPiper » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:00 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:57 pm

My father in law has sniffles tonight, and is hoarse, says he has a cold. He's 90 yrs old in a couple weeks, and we're watching him.

Our daughter works in an assisted living home in NY, so please keep her in your prayers.

All the school kids need our prayers as well.
It’s hard to know whether symptoms are coming from the coronavirus or the common cold these days. I’ll pray for his health and your daughter’s protection. And of course the schoolchildren (and their parents!).

Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers

Post by Goose55 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:09 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:38 pm
I figured it could be good for us to have a repository of prayer requests for those suffering either health or economic harm from this pandemic. Feel free to add your prayer requests to this thread.

A friend of mine has a presumptive case. He’s in the hospital now, about a week after having a bad fever and upper respiratory symptoms. He is having trouble breathing. He has a wife and a young baby, who have been quarantined at home. Please pray for him and all those suffering from this disease.

The downturn has hit our home. My wife had to lay off all of her employees. I thank God we have my salary, and it seems secure for now, and we are blessed in that regard. A lot of my friends work in the service industry, which has been decimated. Please pray for all those who are unable to provide for themselves and their families, especially those facing dangerous circumstances.
Timely thread, indeed. Prayers up !
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:14 pm

Praying
DEUS VULT!

424cat
Usher
Usher

Post by 424cat » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:27 pm

Hope this doesn't turn into a thread that never ends. Prayers sent
on bended knee

Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords

Post by Stanley76 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:34 pm

424cat wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:27 pm
Hope this doesn't turn into a thread that never ends. Prayers sent
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:42 pm

+JMJ+

Praying.

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

Craig Thompson
Elder
Elder

Post by Craig Thompson » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:41 am

Prayers

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:57 am

Praying for God's healing now and will continue
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:13 am

- For elders and those at risk,
- For our friends who live in densely populated regions,
- For those whose jobs and families are threatened by the economic shutdown,
- For the healthcare workers, the kids at grocery stores, and all those who continue to serve us,

We pray to our God for mercy and blessings.
"Anyone who knows anything of experts will know one thing for certain; that they will always be disturbing our way of living; and therefore we shall always be disputing their right of governing." - GKC. Feb 11, 1933.

The future is certain; it’s the past that keeps changing. ~ Old Soviet joke

hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack

Post by hugodrax » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:11 pm

My belt is tightening considerably and we're pretty decently heeled compared to most city dwelling Americans.

I'm praying that all of us have enough belt right now. If I'm grumpier than usual, I apologize. Lot of mouths to worry about. No excuse, but it might be a reason.

I love you guys. Be well. Wash your hands. Read the Bible. Hug your non-at-risk family members!
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by Thunktank » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:25 pm

Son2 and I said our prayer at lunch over last night’s left over BJs Pizza from last night.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

No complaining + gratefulness= happiness

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Adding my kiddos to the list, middle son is unemployed due to the shutdown.

I have not been able to reach my oldest. Prayers for daughter in all of this as well.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:47 pm

My parents and wife are high risk. Also, I hate that my wife is stuck home alone (worrying) during my long hours at work.

My daughter and her husband are out of work due to the event. Several other friends and family members have been harmed financially.

My employees are unusually stressed. I have staff quarantined and/or out with the virus and the rest are preoccupied wondering when it will be their turn. This is a tough time for all first responders and healthcare workers. My oldest son and his wife fit this category.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:43 pm

I just found out this afternoon that our next door neighbor has a cough, and now has fever. He checked in with his Dr via FaceTime, and so far is not going to be tested, but is quarantined in his bedroom.
I found this out from his wife who was outside, on the street, walking their dog. I stayed 10 ft away, but still, should she be out of their yard? I guess so far they're calling it the flu, since they didn't get flu shots.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:01 am

:signofcross:
DL Jake

There is a budget Snake available for $2,895. - plainview

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:57 am

Urbi et Orbi going on right now.

https://www.vaticannews.va/en.html

FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool

Post by FredS » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Daughter #1 works part time at the admitting desk at the local ER. She's concerned with her health and that of her family and is considering quitting. They don't need the money but she was considering going full time as a career when the youngest son starts school in a year or two. Pray for wisdom and protection.

Daughter #2 has been furloughed without pay. Her spouse has been furloughed for two weeks already, but they're at least getting paid. Pray for these newlyweds.

Daughter #3 is pregnant with her second child, due in May. She's been working from home but her husband has continued in his factory job. They're taking precautions, but we're of course concerned.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Good idea. Praying for those mentioned

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty