COVID-19 Prayers

Where two or more are gathered....
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack

Re: COVID-19 Prayers

Post by hugodrax » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:04 pm

Prayers for the world, frankly. I'm praying for all of your intentions.

Please don't hesitate to post needs, gentleman. This is one of the best ways we can help each other and, in such a time of general helplessness, it's good to have these things to focus on as well.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:06 am

Prayers for all who are struggling.

I have a strong feeling that I already had it back in February before it was confirmed here, no way to know for sure, but the symptoms are very similar to what I experienced, but I’m long over it now thank goodness.

I’m a teacher, so we are fortunate that I still get paid my salary at least for now. If this becomes an ongoing thing it may change the face of education, we’ll see.

My main prayer is that this is a one time deal not an ongoing thing like the flu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool

Post by FredS » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:07 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:36 pm
Daughter #1 works part time at the admitting desk at the local ER. She's concerned with her health and that of her family and is considering quitting. They don't need the money but she was considering going full time as a career when the youngest son starts school in a year or two. Pray for wisdom and protection.

Daughter #2 has been furloughed without pay. Her spouse has been furloughed for two weeks already, but they're at least getting paid. Pray for these newlyweds.

Daughter #3 is pregnant with her second child, due in May. She's been working from home but her husband has continued in his factory job. They're taking precautions, but we're of course concerned.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Updates for those keeping score at home:

Daughter #1 left her ER job. I'm thankful she was able to make that choice.

Daughter #3's husbands factory has closed down. He's a manager so he's been kept on for busy work. There should be very few other people around so social distancing will be easier for him and he will continue being paid. What a blessing that is.

Please keep my girls and their families in your prayers.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:15 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:07 pm

Praying
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:17 am

Jocose wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:15 pm
FredS wrote:

Praying
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:51 am

John-Boy wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:17 am
Jocose wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:15 pm
FredS wrote:

Praying
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:06 am

Lord, hear our prayer.
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:13 pm

+JMJ+

<<<—————<<< Prayers all-the-way-back <<<—————<<<

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:13 am

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by TNLawPiper » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:30 pm

John Prine has died. He leaves behind a wife and three boys.

CodeMonkey
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud

Post by CodeMonkey » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:41 pm

Prayers for those who have to die alone because family can't be there. May they find the peace that only our Lord can give.
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by TNLawPiper » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:59 pm

My 90-year-old grandmother has been diagnosed. She doesn’t have severe symptoms, but she lives in a facility where three others have died. She’s in the hospital now.

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:44 pm

+JMJ+

<<<—————<<< Prayers all-the-way-back <<<—————<<<

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

Thunktank
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by Thunktank » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:44 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:59 pm
My 90-year-old grandmother has been diagnosed. She doesn’t have severe symptoms, but she lives in a facility where three others have died. She’s in the hospital now.
Lord have mercy.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

No complaining + gratefulness= happiness

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:57 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:44 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Lord have mercy.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:59 pm

A PRAYER FOR THOSE THREATENED BY THE CORONAVIRUS, INSPIRED BY THE WORDS OF ELDER ZACHARIAS OF ESSEX

O God, we know that whatever You do with us, You do out of love, for you are a good God, a God of mercy and lovingkindness. You created us out of Your goodness in order to share Your life and even Your glory with us. And when we fell, You prepared a way for Your Son to come on earth, to humble Himself and to be united with our fallen nature, that we might be redeemed.

All of this You did out of Your goodness, which is boundless. You save us and are longsuffering towards us, waiting until we “come to the knowledge of the truth” (1 Tim 2:4), and bring true repentance, so that we may be with You for all eternity. Likewise we know that with this same mercy and love You will receive us in the other life, and judge us with the same kindness and compassion.

Alas, nothing can harm us with such a God, Who allows all things out of His goodness! Help us, O God, in these perilous times, under the threat of a pandemic, to stay close to You; to trust in your goodness and providence; to continually offer up thanksgiving and prayers on behalf of all; and to keep Your word dwelling in our hearts, that it may become the language with which we speak to You. Strengthen us to continue earnestly in good deeds, fasting, love for our neighbor, and repentance, that through all of these things we might attract and actualize Your grace.

Grant that we may dedicate this time to prepare ourselves for our meeting with You, so that our departure may not occur unexpectedly and without Christian preparation. Give us grace daily not to succumb to fear or despair, but to be courageous and patient in the face of temptations and hardships. Enable us to see Your goodness in all that is happening now.

Nevertheless, we do pray that You would surround us with your holy Angels, so that we may be protected from this virus. Guard the physicians and all medical workers, so that they may diligently treat and heal those who are afflicted with this virus. If we become infected, give us faith to know that this is allowed by You: for You desire and work our salvation “at various times and in diverse manners” (Heb 1:1). Give us faith, therefore, to acknowledge that this virus may be a means through which You bring many to Yourself, and to repentance, and to harvest many ready souls for Your eternal Kingdom. May we be like those who surrender and entrust themselves to Your Providence, knowing that “All things work together for good to them that love God” (Rom 8:28).

To You be the glory, praise, honor and dominion, now and forever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:37 am

Jocose wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:57 pm
Thunktank wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
Lord have mercy.
Lord hear our prayer.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Craig Thompson
Elder
Elder

Post by Craig Thompson » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:35 am

Prayers

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:02 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:37 am
Jocose wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:57 pm
Thunktank wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
Lord have mercy.
Lord hear our prayer.
Praying.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool

Post by FredS » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:23 am

Praying my way through this thread.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe