Evil Tongue

Where two or more are gathered....
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack

Re: Evil Tongue

Post by hugodrax » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:14 pm

Well, we're all bozos on this bus. :D

Add another poop substitute to my tally. I need to cut this thing out of my mouth.

That pebble is looking like a good idea.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

DAN
Minister to Occupy Democrats
Minister to Occupy Democrats

Post by DAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Inside my head, I swear constantly. Outside my head, rarely. Chiefly when I am working on cars. I don't know if there's any big secret to it. I just know that when I do it, nobody sees me as the suave, articulate gentleman that I am.
I don't always choose sig lines just to tick someone off, but when I do, it's on CPS.

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:43 pm

Same.
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:00 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:30 pm
If anyone here has overcome this, I’d love To hear some earthly ways of overcoming this spiritual problem. I’ve prayed on it and will continue so to do, but I realize I must put in the work as well.

Don't just read it. Do it. And then maybe do it again. And again after that.

In the mean time, praying for you, bro!

hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack

Post by hugodrax » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:33 pm

jruegg wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:00 pm
hugodrax wrote:
If anyone here has overcome this, I’d love To hear some earthly ways of overcoming this spiritual problem. I’ve prayed on it and will continue so to do, but I realize I must put in the work as well.

Thanks, man. I'm improving but this will be a lifetime struggle.

What the Dickens is a Christian Ashram? That review spooked me. :D
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:42 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:33 pm
jruegg wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:00 pm
hugodrax wrote:

Thanks, man. I'm improving but this will be a lifetime struggle.

What the Dickens is a Christian Ashram? That review spooked me. :D
Huh... never saw that before! I had to look it up:

ash·ram | ˈäSHrəm |
noun
(especially in South Asia) a hermitage, monastic community, or other place of religious retreat.

Full Disclosure: I haven't read much of the book. But what I have read was very good.

Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords

Post by Stanley76 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:22 pm

A friend of mine had this post on FB today. Not sure if it totally applies but it's a nice message anyway.

"SEASONED WITH SALT
"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." Matthew 12:36
The key words in this scripture is "Idle" and "account".
The Greek word, "Idle" means not busy, inactive, doing nothing.
The Greek word, "account" means give an answer.
Jesus said, "A good man out of the good treasure of the heart brings forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.: Matthew 12:35
I am amazed of the many times the Bible speaks about the words we speak. This tells that our speech is very important to God! But how many times do we let the words come out and think little of it! Once a word is spoken, it can never be "deleted".
Romans 3:13, 14 gives an extreme example of what man's speech can become!
"Their throat is an open sepulchre (grave); with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps (viper, cobra) is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness."
QUESTION:
How much worse could it be?
ANSWER:
Yes, pretty bad! Someone who hasn't received Jesus Christ as their Savior is more likely to speak such words. But as a Child of God, is our speech the same? Do we throw out words thinking nothing of it?
2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away: behold all things are become new."
QUESTION:
You are saying as a Child of God I should be different?
ANSWER:
Yes. Jesus said, "...out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Matthew 12:34
QUESTION:
So what seems to be the problem when I speak words I shouldn't?
ANSWER:
The heart! Spoken words reveal the heart! That is why we have to check the heart! No one is perfect and we may say things we shouldn't say as a Christian but Jesus said, "Let our speech be ALWAYS with grace SEASONED WITH SALT, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6
QUESTION:
What does this verse mean by saying, "SEASON WITH SALT"?
ANSWER:
In the natural, salt is extremely important for a healthy body!
Some examples of salt:
1. Salt retains hydration.
2. Salt regulates blood sugar.
3. Salt contributes to a healthy thyroid.
4. Salt helps the digestive system.
Let me add two more...prevents CORRUPTION and adds FLAVOR!
QUESTION:
So, what are you trying to get across:
ANSWER:
My speech should be "SEASONED WITH SALT" because it acts as a "purifier" and should add "flavor" when speaking to others; and should NOT cause corruption!
QUESTION:
What happens if I have lack of salt in my speech?
ANSWER:
A lack of salt in speech will become a spiritual condition just like it can become in the health condition.
QUESTION:
Is there any hope for me?
ANSWER:
The answer is to work on your heart! God is waiting for you to reach out to Him in prayer for His help. Always remember, when or if you speak in a way that isn't right as a Christian, you are blessed with this promise..."If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9
Have a blessed day and keep looking up!"
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack

Post by hugodrax » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:12 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:22 pm
A friend of mine had this post on FB today. Not sure if it totally applies but it's a nice message anyway.

"SEASONED WITH SALT
"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." Matthew 12:36
The key words in this scripture is "Idle" and "account".
The Greek word, "Idle" means not busy, inactive, doing nothing.
The Greek word, "account" means give an answer.
Jesus said, "A good man out of the good treasure of the heart brings forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.: Matthew 12:35
I am amazed of the many times the Bible speaks about the words we speak. This tells that our speech is very important to God! But how many times do we let the words come out and think little of it! Once a word is spoken, it can never be "deleted".
Romans 3:13, 14 gives an extreme example of what man's speech can become!
"Their throat is an open sepulchre (grave); with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps (viper, cobra) is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness."
QUESTION:
How much worse could it be?
ANSWER:
Yes, pretty bad! Someone who hasn't received Jesus Christ as their Savior is more likely to speak such words. But as a Child of God, is our speech the same? Do we throw out words thinking nothing of it?
2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away: behold all things are become new."
QUESTION:
You are saying as a Child of God I should be different?
ANSWER:
Yes. Jesus said, "...out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Matthew 12:34
QUESTION:
So what seems to be the problem when I speak words I shouldn't?
ANSWER:
The heart! Spoken words reveal the heart! That is why we have to check the heart! No one is perfect and we may say things we shouldn't say as a Christian but Jesus said, "Let our speech be ALWAYS with grace SEASONED WITH SALT, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6
QUESTION:
What does this verse mean by saying, "SEASON WITH SALT"?
ANSWER:
In the natural, salt is extremely important for a healthy body!
Some examples of salt:
1. Salt retains hydration.
2. Salt regulates blood sugar.
3. Salt contributes to a healthy thyroid.
4. Salt helps the digestive system.
Let me add two more...prevents CORRUPTION and adds FLAVOR!
QUESTION:
So, what are you trying to get across:
ANSWER:
My speech should be "SEASONED WITH SALT" because it acts as a "purifier" and should add "flavor" when speaking to others; and should NOT cause corruption!
QUESTION:
What happens if I have lack of salt in my speech?
ANSWER:
A lack of salt in speech will become a spiritual condition just like it can become in the health condition.
QUESTION:
Is there any hope for me?
ANSWER:
The answer is to work on your heart! God is waiting for you to reach out to Him in prayer for His help. Always remember, when or if you speak in a way that isn't right as a Christian, you are blessed with this promise..."If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9
Have a blessed day and keep looking up!"
That's pretty crackery, ngl. But I agree!

0 effs given today. One poop substitute. No blasphemies.

I'm not cured. But just paying attention and being quiet helps.
—Marcus Aurelius