Me

Where two or more are gathered....
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Re: Me

Post by JimVH » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:33 pm

Steverino wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:03 pm
Praying for you Jim, I may be in the same situation soon, I've had a pain in my back for about a month and it's not getting better. Going to the doc as soon as I can. I'm thinking slipped disc.
Your on my list, too.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:36 pm

Praying
DEUS VULT!

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:51 pm

I can relate to health problems and claustrophobia. I never stop praying for you.

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:56 am

Praying now
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements

Post by JudgeRusty » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:38 pm

I can relate.

Praying.

Techs once removed the patient table and placed me directly on the roller mechanism so I would be more centered in the tube to have a chance of fitting inside; my arms had red marks from rubbing the side going in. I told them they should have greased me if it was going to be that tight.

Another time I agreed to have low back and neck done at same time and ended up in the tube for over 3 hours except for one 10 minute break.

I expect an MRI Friday at my return Ortho visit as PT has not improved left knee condition.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

MrPiper
Needs to lighten up with the Xs
Needs to lighten up with the Xs

Post by MrPiper » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:19 pm

I am praying for you Jim. I hope you feel better soon. And you to Steverino.

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:43 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:38 pm
... in the tube for over 3 hours except for one 10 minute break.
That would take a lot more Valium than they gave me. Praying for your knee issue.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:53 pm

Thanks, y’all. I’m done and sober enough to be posting responsibly now. Doc said everything went the way it should. I’ll know in a few days if the injections start make a difference.

I’m grateful for you.

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:19 pm

Prayers bud.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:12 am

JimVH wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:53 pm
Thanks, y’all. I’m done and sober enough to be posting responsibly now. Doc said everything went the way it should. I’ll know in a few days if the injections start make a difference.

I’m grateful for you.
Are more injections scheduled? I've done that drill a few times in the last 15 years. A series of three shots each time. They helped.

Praying for pain relief and healing.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad

Post by JimVH » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:59 am

FredS wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:12 am
JimVH wrote:

I’m grateful for you.
Are more injections scheduled? I've done that drill a few times in the last 15 years. A series of three shots each time. They helped.

After we see how this set works we'll have to do this same routine at least once more. If I get some lasting relief we just keep doing this as the need arises. If this approach doesn't produce any meaningful results the next consideration is nerve ablation. In the meantime it's more PT.

I'm back to work today, and so far, I feel a lot less pain. Optimism is a welcome feeling.

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:27 pm

Praying on for you.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

FredS

Post by FredS » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:48 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:59 am
FredS wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:12 am
JimVH wrote:

I’m grateful for you.

After we see how this set works we'll have to do this same routine at least once more. If I get some lasting relief we just keep doing this as the need arises. If this approach doesn't produce any meaningful results the next consideration is nerve ablation. In the meantime it's more PT.

I'm back to work today, and so far, I feel a lot less pain. Optimism is a welcome feeling.
Of course the PT and exercise (and weight lose <redacted_emoji>) are the key, longterm. The shots can help with the pain in the meantime. For me, getting active again after a sedentary lifestyle, that included setting at a desk 8-10 hours a day and on the couch a few more, was key.

Praying for recovery.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:48 pm

I think I've missed this before. Praying!

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

JudgeRusty

Post by JudgeRusty » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:37 am

Only 25 min and only lower half in tube for knee imaging, so not bad. Hope everyone else is progressing ok.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad

Post by JimVH » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:03 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:37 am
Only 25 min and only lower half in tube for knee imaging, so not bad. Hope everyone else is progressing ok.
Prayerful.

JudgeRusty

Post by JudgeRusty » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:31 am

BTW, got the call. Meniscus tear with loose fragment along with arthritis of course. Now to start making plans for the next step.