Tea

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc.) to product reviews of items that may have slipped under our radar (e.g. - Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything "new" unless it harkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Re: Tea

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:59 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:03 pm
I know I am basic with my love of Earl Grey. Making my way through some Taylors of Harrogate Earl Grey now that the weather has finally started to cool off.
I too am less than a beginner with tea. I like Earl Grey and Irish breakfast tea. If its not in a tea bag, then I haven't tried it. I can't drink too much tea, as the tannins give me a headache
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:59 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:03 pm
I know I am basic with my love of Earl Grey. Making my way through some Taylors of Harrogate Earl Grey now that the weather has finally started to cool off.
I too am less than a beginner with tea. I like Earl Grey and Irish breakfast tea. If its not in a tea bag, then I haven't tried it. I can't drink too much tea, as the tannins give me a headache
Have you tried the Taylors Earl Grey?
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:59 pm

No...I am partial to the Bigelow, the twinnings is a little mild and that is the extent of my tea experience...I mostly just buy Bigelow

Where do you get Taylors?
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:46 pm

I got a tall Earl Grey with steamed milk from Starbucks last night. "London Fog", it's called. At home I like the loose Earl G. that I get from a local coffee shop (Rao's), but I also get various bagged E.G.s, including Bigelow and Twinnings. Good tea.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:59 pm
No...I am partial to the Bigelow, the twinnings is a little mild and that is the extent of my tea experience...I mostly just buy Bigelow

Where do you get Taylors?
My wife had a coupon for the Fresh Market so I was allowed to enter and it was one on their shelf. Yes, I am normally barred from entering there as I can easily get carried away and their prices are not cheap.

I just picked up a loose Earl Grey with lavender added. Very nice.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland