Tea

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc.) to product reviews of items that may have slipped under our radar (e.g. - Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything "new" unless it harkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35358
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Tea

Post by UncleBob » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:32 am

I have some iced tea from Sonic.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Tea

Post by Winton » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:22 am

I have around 20 blends of tea and my wife has about the same number. She enjoys flavored teas and I am much more adventuresome. I like almost any variety. For Christmas, my daughter went into Teavana and asked for their weirdest tea. They laughed and took that as a challenge. They selected Gyokuro Genmaicha, a flavored green tea. This is what I had last night. (It makes my daughter happy!) It has the grassy flavor. But I still don't understand why they added the toasted rice. Seriously, the orange rice floats to the top and looks like a bunch of maggots.


http://www.teavana.com/us/en/tea/green- ... Ahzh8P8HAQ

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10576
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Tea

Post by A_Morley » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:25 am

Oh, it's on its way. Assam this morning. I'm not sure if I'll have it in a cup and saucer or from my favorite green mug.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9501
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Tea

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Earl Gray, with half-a-dollop of half-and-half, along with a green-coated, shamrock-shaped sugar cookie.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10576
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Tea

Post by A_Morley » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Just had cup of Uva Highlands Ceylon from my Shakespeare mug and it was damned welcome, I can tell you. I'll soon have another cup, I will.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
joegoat
Minister of not knowing names
Minister of not knowing names
Posts: 2171
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Southwest Ohio

Re: Tea

Post by joegoat » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:32 am

I enjoy sipping a fine loose leaf brewed tea out of a cup and saucer from my Noritake Japanese made set. I don't feel that my man card is at risk by using this set. It is free of colorful flowers. It very much resembles this set.

Image

I can't speak to the age. I found it from my grandparent's attic and couldn't stand to see it go to auction. My grandmother had great taste in china! It was heart breaking to find a broken cup after my last move. Things like this cater to my inner gentleman.
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28493
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Tea

Post by coco » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm

I am presently drinking Twining's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Hugo.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35358
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Tea

Post by UncleBob » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:02 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:32 am
I have some iced tea from Sonic.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21949
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Tea

Post by JimVH » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm

coco wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm
I am presently drinking Twining's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Hugo.
I am presently drinking Harney's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Amazon.

User avatar
joegoat
Minister of not knowing names
Minister of not knowing names
Posts: 2171
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Southwest Ohio

Re: Tea

Post by joegoat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:45 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm
coco wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm
I am presently drinking Twining's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Hugo.
I am presently drinking Harney's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Amazon.
Liquid Latakia!
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24182
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Tea

Post by Skip » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm
coco wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm
I am presently drinking Twining's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Hugo.
I am presently drinking Harney's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Amazon.
PSA: you can find Harney & Sons in a few places now, but the best bulk price I've found is still at their site.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Posts: 6116
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: VA

Re: Tea

Post by JudgeRusty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm
coco wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm
I am presently drinking Twining's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Hugo.
I am presently drinking Harney's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Amazon.
PSA: you can find Harney & Sons in a few places now, but the best bulk price I've found is still at their site.
Are any of these in tea bags? Twinings was recommended for LS in bags and I have yet to order any and I am curious. Taylor LS bags from Amazon do not have my recommendation.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21949
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Tea

Post by JimVH » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:59 pm
Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm
coco wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm
I am presently drinking Twining's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Hugo.
I am presently drinking Harney's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Amazon.
PSA: you can find Harney & Sons in a few places now, but the best bulk price I've found is still at their site.
Are any of these in tea bags? Twinings was recommended for LS in bags and I have yet to order any and I am curious. Taylor LS bags from Amazon do not have my recommendation.
I haven't seen Harney's in bags anywhere. It's the only brand I've tried.

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24182
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Tea

Post by Skip » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:59 pm
Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm
coco wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm
I am presently drinking Twining's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Hugo.
I am presently drinking Harney's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Amazon.
PSA: you can find Harney & Sons in a few places now, but the best bulk price I've found is still at their site.
Are any of these in tea bags? Twinings was recommended for LS in bags and I have yet to order any and I am curious. Taylor LS bags from Amazon do not have my recommendation.
I haven't seen Harney's in bags anywhere. It's the only brand I've tried.
https://www.harney.com/collections/all/ ... g-souchong

They're called "sachets" rather than bags. Hold out your pinky while you say it.

I personally go for loose tea all the way.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24182
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Tea

Post by Skip » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:59 pm
Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm
coco wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm
I am presently drinking Twining's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Hugo.
I am presently drinking Harney's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Amazon.
PSA: you can find Harney & Sons in a few places now, but the best bulk price I've found is still at their site.
Are any of these in tea bags? Twinings was recommended for LS in bags and I have yet to order any and I am curious. Taylor LS bags from Amazon do not have my recommendation.
I haven't seen Harney's in bags anywhere. It's the only brand I've tried.
https://www.harney.com/collections/all/ ... g-souchong

They're called "sachets" rather than bags. Hold out your pinky while you say it.

I personally go for loose tea all the way.
Correction. The sachets are not the same as bags.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Posts: 6116
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: VA

Re: Tea

Post by JudgeRusty » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:49 am

Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:59 pm
Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm
coco wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm
I am presently drinking Twining's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Hugo.
I am presently drinking Harney's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Amazon.
PSA: you can find Harney & Sons in a few places now, but the best bulk price I've found is still at their site.
Are any of these in tea bags? Twinings was recommended for LS in bags and I have yet to order any and I am curious. Taylor LS bags from Amazon do not have my recommendation.
I haven't seen Harney's in bags anywhere. It's the only brand I've tried.
https://www.harney.com/collections/all/ ... g-souchong
They're called "sachets" rather than bags. Hold out your pinky while you say it.
I personally go for loose tea all the way.
I think I mentioned it somewhere else, but we drink coffee and tea at Milans while smoking there. The set up is just not convenient for a few guys to have infusers there and to clean them out after use. The little "kitchen" barely has enough room for the coffee maker and the electric kettle. Comparatively, bags make it easier for folks to have tea at the same time. I have a tin of Harney's in my office at work.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24182
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Tea

Post by Skip » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:45 am

JudgeRusty wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:49 am
Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:59 pm
Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm
coco wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm
I am presently drinking Twining's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Hugo.
I am presently drinking Harney's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Amazon.
PSA: you can find Harney & Sons in a few places now, but the best bulk price I've found is still at their site.
Are any of these in tea bags? Twinings was recommended for LS in bags and I have yet to order any and I am curious. Taylor LS bags from Amazon do not have my recommendation.
I haven't seen Harney's in bags anywhere. It's the only brand I've tried.
https://www.harney.com/collections/all/ ... g-souchong
They're called "sachets" rather than bags. Hold out your pinky while you say it.
I personally go for loose tea all the way.
I think I mentioned it somewhere else, but we drink coffee and tea at Milans while smoking there. The set up is just not convenient for a few guys to have infusers there and to clean them out after use. The little "kitchen" barely has enough room for the coffee maker and the electric kettle. Comparatively, bags make it easier for folks to have tea at the same time. I have a tin of Harney's in my office at work.
Check out the sachets. They look like silk/mesh bags.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21949
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Tea

Post by JimVH » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:16 am

Skip wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:45 am
JudgeRusty wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:49 am
Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:59 pm
Skip wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm
JimVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm
coco wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm
I am presently drinking Twining's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Hugo.
I am presently drinking Harney's Lapsang Souchong, a fine tea. Thanks, Amazon.
PSA: you can find Harney & Sons in a few places now, but the best bulk price I've found is still at their site.
Are any of these in tea bags? Twinings was recommended for LS in bags and I have yet to order any and I am curious. Taylor LS bags from Amazon do not have my recommendation.
I haven't seen Harney's in bags anywhere. It's the only brand I've tried.
https://www.harney.com/collections/all/ ... g-souchong
They're called "sachets" rather than bags. Hold out your pinky while you say it.
I personally go for loose tea all the way.
I think I mentioned it somewhere else, but we drink coffee and tea at Milans while smoking there. The set up is just not convenient for a few guys to have infusers there and to clean them out after use. The little "kitchen" barely has enough room for the coffee maker and the electric kettle. Comparatively, bags make it easier for folks to have tea at the same time. I have a tin of Harney's in my office at work.
Check out the sachets. They look like silk/mesh bags.
I needed a visual:
Image

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10576
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Tea

Post by A_Morley » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 am

I've just finished my first cup of my usual CTC Assam. I'll likely go for another.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 3741
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Tea

Post by GaryInVA » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:32 pm

I had a cup of Earl Grey supplied by food services at work during a 10 hour meeting yesterday. Made the meeting a little bit better.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

Official London Fatberg Finder

Post Reply